JTAC Coordinates in Lat/Long for the F/A-18C

_mu110_

I haven’t been home yet today to try out the update so I’m not sure exactly what format it uses, but I can definitely update the mod once I have a look.

24° 45' 01.43" N     55° 12' 33.18" E

Its like this, last row of numbers adds more accuracy to JDAM.

24° 45' 01.43" N     55° 12' 33.18" E

Its like this, last row of numbers adds more accuracy to JDAM.

Just had a go with the JDAMs. I'm working on adding the functionality to the script, but I'm pretty sure at this point we're stuck with just Degrees Minutes Seconds, but later once they add the PRECISE function we'll be able to input those decimals as well for extra accuracy.

Can‘t wait to try this mod out, sounds great.

Question though: I noticed that many reported that it already is possible to enter the decimal seconds after the first press on ENTER for much higher precision (...of course). But where do you get that precise coordinates from a target in the ME? I‘m using the Lat Long format option and that only gives me DDDMMSS but not the .SS in the top left of the ME screen. So I guess there must be another way to get them.

Thanks =4c=Nikola and Ga-Bika. I already thought about the conversion from DDDMM.MM but had hoped there was a more easy way to look up the high precision DDDMMSS.SS somewhere within the ME. But ok, it‘s easy math (...must be if I can do it:music_whistling: ).

Thanks again.

Thanks =4c=Nikola and Ga-Bika. I already thought about the conversion from DDDMM.MM but had hoped there was a more easy way to look up the high precision DDDMMSS.SS somewhere within the ME. But ok, it‘s easy math (...must be if I can do it:music_whistling: ).

Thanks again.

Wags also stated that the next update will include DDMMSS.SS in the ME, but for now you do have to convert.

I have tried using the coordinates from JTAC, along with the elevation converted to meters from feet, but I'm not coming close to hitting the target. This is on the PG map if that matters. Wondering if you have any ideas?

Are your results better with the mod or without it? Maybe the conversion formula is off. Or try without the decimal seconds.

I've downloaded it, but I don't have time to try it out now.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I have tried using the coordinates from JTAC, along with the elevation converted to meters from feet, but I'm not coming close to hitting the target. This is on the PG map if that matters. Wondering if you have any ideas?

Have you entered also correct elevation ? (you must look in map, JTAC will not provide you elevation)

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Can you upload a track? Try bombing something close to the shore so that elevation doesn’t have such an effect. It could also be that you are simply releasing the bomb too early, the in range indicator is currently bugged so try releasing it closer to the target.