C-101 EB Aviojet. Worth it?

FAB Maverick

Hi guys!

First, happy new year for you all!

Well, there's a huge discount on this module until january 3 and i would like to know the opinion of the ones that have it.

Does this module worth it?

Is it with a lot of bugs?

How is the support of aviodev according to update releases? Are they working on it or taking long time to release issues fixes?

Thank you!

Edited by =FAB= Maverick

It's relatively bug free with regards to the EB.

Aviodev have not long sent the armed -CC version to ED and it is in internal testing, so we'll be getting that soon.

Currently the airplanes use the SFM.

Aviodev are working on the EFM. When it comes out is a mystery as we've been waiting on it for 2+ years now. What level it will be is also unknown (think they were aiming for AFM/AFM+ level). Obviously both that and the -CC will probably have bugs initially.

General bug fixes have come at a reasonable pace though.

If you're really interested in this specific aircraft and are happy waiting for the EFM, now is a good time to buy*.

Otherwise, if you just want a trainer/light attack, ED's L-39 is much more complete as a module for only $6 more.

*Sales are somewhat frequent, so if you're put off by lack of EFM and potential bugs with CC addition, you could wait and see and pick it up later in 2018 for a decent discount if it turns out well.

Edited by Buzzles

Unless you have a soft spot for that particular airframe, there's no reason to get it (or the Hawk) over the L39. And that's before you get on to the lack of an armed version or the primitive flight model.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

Unless you have a soft spot for that particular airframe, there's no reason to get it (or the Hawk) over the L39.
I would say a good reason is because it is a NATO trainer (as opposed to the L-39) and the systems are thoroughly modelled and it has a gorgeous cockpit and exterior model and the armed version should be coming out in the next few weeks. But if you want to wait for the advanced flight model, fair enough. I'm confident we'll see it in the next few months.

I have a lot of time in the L-39 and picked the C-101 up in the sale because I have a soft spot for trainers.

Internal and external models are great, audio is a highlight and the manual is complete (not everyone module can say the same). That said, the flight model is shocking. I have maybe an hour in the C-101 and I don't think even the CC variant will get me back in the cockpit until we have EFM.

I think with the CC and EFM this will be a great module but at the moment I can't recommend it, especially with the L-39 available which is one of the highest quality modules I've flown, right up there with the AJS-37 and F-5E.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

I like it - done quite a few hours in it in both Caucasus and NTTR. It's the airframe I use when I just want to go up and cruise around and maybe do some navigation exercises.

Did a video a while back, of a start-up and circuit. This was in VR, but before you could record direct from the Rift, so it's one-eye aspect ratio:

https://youtu.be/2Ew6OYu5nX4

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I like this little plane a lot, and while it has a SFM (Simple Flight Model), the modelling of the aircraft system's (electric, fuel, navigation, etc) is top notch.

Here is a video where I try to push the flight model:

I fly inverted for longer than 30 seconds and the engine shuts down, I try to enter a spin and recover ... the only part that isnt satisfying to me is that the landing is too easy, the plane never bounces when landed hard.

I purchased it a long time ago, on another sale, and have never regretted its purchase.

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Nice video Rudel :)

Thanks ... I hadn't flown her on a while, so at first I was a little hesitant on the startup, but quickly remembered everything ... tough I kept forgetting to retract the landing lights :)

... the only item that I couldn't make it work, was resetting the gyros after heavy maneouvering ... I used the fast erect switch, but the artificial horizon didn't straighten up :(

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've got the C-101 on sales. From that perspective, ~20 bucks seemed like a steal. I knew that the flight model and attack version are in progress so in reality I used the oportunity to get it cheaper and wait till it's more complete.

What I liked:

- attention to details, like the plane spawning with wheel chocks, GPU unit showing up when requesting to connect the ground power. Big plus for that, a small details that looked refreshing in DCS :thumbup:

- cockpit instrument lights

- external model

What could be improved

- cockpit textures quality, especially in some places the textures look like a really low resolution. Overall, my personal impression was that the cockpit looks a bit dated. Comparable to times of A-10C and Ka-50 in DCS.

L-39 is great but it's an east block trainer. I really hope that C-101 will mature and fill the gap for a NATO trainer - good luck to AvioDev with that :thumbup:

For the moment however I think asking ~60 USD is too much, especially considering that L-39 is at the same price.

Hi guys!

First, happy new year for you all!

Well, there's a huge discount on this module until january 3 and i would like to know the opinion of the ones that have it.

Does this module worth it?

Is it with a lot of bugs?

How is the support of aviodev according to update releases? Are they working on it or taking long time to release issues fixes?

Thank you!

I would say a good reason is because it is a NATO trainer (as opposed to the L-39) and the systems are thoroughly modelled and it has a gorgeous cockpit and exterior model and the armed version should be coming out in the next few weeks. But if you want to wait for the advanced flight model, fair enough. I'm confident we'll see it in the next few months.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 1 month later...
Agreed, long overdue. I won't buy it until they make a solid AFM.

This seems to be a trend with many DCS fans these days. Many people are getting kind of fed up with long standing issues that never seem to get fixed while new products get released with whole new sets of issues that my never get addressed.

This is part of the reason that I don't rush to purchase new modules any more. I always have to weigh the bugs / cons against how much I really want to play around with the module. Eventually I purchase probably 50% of them. Planes like the F18 don't even register with me because I'm not really into high tech aircraft and the aggravation of this, that, or the other not working properly doesn't outweigh my desire to play around with it.

The C101 didn't cost much, it's not complicated by any means, and it's bugs are minor IMO. So I don't really mind the flight model. Although, I tend to agree that it has been a while and there seems to be no solution in sight. So I see the point there.

This seems to be a trend with many DCS fans these days. Many people are getting kind of fed up with long standing issues that never seem to get fixed while new products get released with whole new sets of issues that my never get addressed.

This is part of the reason that I don't rush to purchase new modules any more. I always have to weigh the bugs / cons against how much I really want to play around with the module. Eventually I purchase probably 50% of them. Planes like the F18 don't even register with me because I'm not really into high tech aircraft and the aggravation of this, that, or the other not working properly doesn't outweigh my desire to play around with it.

The C101 didn't cost much, it's not complicated by any means, and it's bugs are minor IMO. So I don't really mind the flight model. Although, I tend to agree that it has been a while and there seems to be no solution in sight. So I see the point there.

I think we'll see the CC and the AFMs this year. Vibora recently said they wanted to see it done by the end of this month but that it was too optimistic. So, to me, that means they are tantalizingly close but there are probably a few months to go. If it comes by late summer, I'll be happy. Even if some tweaking and bug squashing is still needed. Beyond that, and ya, I'll be getting kind of anxious.