Dynamic Campaign Engine - Page 64 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 09:08 AM   #631
MBot
Veteran

Yes that would be the basic idea. Of course you would have to ignore your own waypoint timing in the flight plan, as it would expect you to take off 30 minutes after mission start. For the timing for the AI you have to play around a little to find the right balance, as the time required to taxi and take-off is dependent on the airbase size and current traffic. That is the reason it is a variable, so you can nudge it to work best on your own homebase and expected package sizes (of course it won't work equally well for units based at other airfields). Better be on the long side than on the short side. After take-off all planes orbit the airbase to form up and the timer controls when to depart the orbit. If there is too little time allocated, flights start to push without everyone having taken off and formed up. With some more time, flights simply orbit longer.
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #632
PB0_CEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBot View Post
Yes that would be the basic idea. Of course you would have to ignore your own waypoint timing in the flight plan, as it would expect you to take off 30 minutes after mission start.
I don't understand this ... If the normal take off time for player (to be able to make the mission with other AI flights) is for example 12:30 I though it will not change but that the player will appear 30 minutes before this timing (12:00) and so will be able to do what he wants (like refuelling) until the time has come to join the normal flightplan ... Am I wrong ?
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #633
MBot
Veteran

You are right, and this effectively means you ignore your flightplan. If the flightplan calls for mission start at 12:00, take off at 12:30, Join Point at 12:33 etc., you ignore your flightplan by taking off at 12:05 to hit the tanker and meeting your package somewhere on the way.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #634
PB0_CEF

Sorry... my bad english's fault
We were both right I understand now
Old 01-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #635
PB0_CEF

Firstable thank you Mbot for your answer : It works perfectly, I now have all the time I need to start my M-2000C and even to refuel before going to war with my AI wingmen
One more question : Is it possible to put my own attributs in targetlist and loadouts files for strike missions or is it a strict list of predefine words like Bunker, Scud, etc... ?

Last edited by PB0_CEF; 01-13-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #636
MBot
Veteran

You can define your own attributes to your heart's content. If you assign a target the attribute "Candy Attack", then any loadout that also has the attribute "Candy Attack" will be eligible. Loadout can also have multiple attributes to be eligible against various targets.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:00 PM   #637
PB0_CEF

It's with those kinds of details that it can be said that you are a genius
Old 01-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #638
idenwen

Someone tried making something for the Ka-50 with it? Would it work?
idenwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #639
Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBot View Post
I am still contemplating how to go ahead. I am having a lot of fun with the AV-8B lately and it is a very cool aircraft. But being heavily geared towards CAS, it doesn't work particularly well with DCE, which is strike orientated. A prototypical Harrier campaign, with amphibious landings, V/STOL operations, FARPs and CAS missions is probably best achieved through a highly scripted linear campaign.

A Desert Storm style dynamic campaign set in Nevada revolving around the Kuwaiti kill-boxes might work, as the Iraqi army was basically deployed statically in the desert. But for this to be fun I feel we would need to have more suitable air defense, especially AAA such as the 57mm S-60 guns and also 37mm. Less deadly MANPADS such as SA-7 and SA-14 would also be desirable.
Could you set up some missions CAS-style where players would check in for tasking and a random ground group would request CAS support against fixed emplacements? You could repeat this process for 4 or 5 AOs, where the player also has the option of hitting a tanker in-between or hot refuel/rearm at a FARP, checking in and out at will for tasking.

I would certainly be interested in a Harrier campaign
Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #640
wedge_one

Are you planning to release a dynamic mission for the updated Caucasus map in 2.5?

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum
wedge_one is offline   Reply With Quote