Dynamic Campaign Engine - Page 60 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-28-2017, 03:59 PM   #591
PB0_CEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itael View Post
Thanks so much!
Sorry to hear that ED is actually the bottleneck here. Hopefully they are aware of the issues you brought up as you were creating DCE, and they will fix them in 2.5

Looking forward to see your updates soon, DCE is really what makes DCS special IMO.
No possibility to make DCE full part of DCS in futur version, Mbot ? That would be a great progress
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:39 PM   #592
PB0_CEF

One more question Mbot about SEAD missions. It seems that the used script is not working for all ARM isn't it ? Is there a way to add more ARM to this script easily ?
If the script is not working I suppose that fired ARM will destroy most of the time enemy radars and that SEAD missions will still be possible (but too effective perharps)...
So it should be possible to use all AV-8B N/A weapons in a Dynamic Campaign soon no ?
Old 11-29-2017, 08:09 AM   #593
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB0_CEF View Post
One more question Mbot about SEAD missions. It seems that the used script is not working for all ARM isn't it ? Is there a way to add more ARM to this script easily ?
If the script is not working I suppose that fired ARM will destroy most of the time enemy radars and that SEAD missions will still be possible (but too effective perharps)...
So it should be possible to use all AV-8B N/A weapons in a Dynamic Campaign soon no ?
The ARM script is generic and not tied to specific missiles if I remember correctly. The problem is that not all ARM are returning a target in the scripting environment. I think at least the HARM was recently updated to return its target, so it should now also be compatible with the script. Not sure about the Russian ARMs though.
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:13 AM   #594
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB0_CEF View Post
No possibility to make DCE full part of DCS in futur version, Mbot ? That would be a great progress
I have no idea how that would be done As of now, data needs to be stored and code to be run between missions, which I only see possible outside of DCS.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:12 PM   #595
chrisofsweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBot View Post
I have no idea how that would be done As of now, data needs to be stored and code to be run between missions, which I only see possible outside of DCS.
I think he's suggesting it should be taken up by ED and be integrated in DCS.

ED you should employ this man to make the DCE an integral part of DCS! This is the thing that DCS is missing the most. A DCE.
chrisofsweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:02 PM   #596
PB0_CEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBot View Post
In the past 9 months or so I have have made a number of updates and improvements to DCE and all my campaigns are updated and waiting on my HD. But I will wait with releasing anything until ED at least fixes the SAMs.

I also have a quite extensive Viggen campaign ready (the bulk of it was actually built even before the Viggen was released), but it also is pending release until AI Viggens can take off from small airfields without crashing.

Well, It seems that SAMs will be fixed soon (it's announced for Beta) so can we have some hopes to see your updates and improvements soon ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2017, 09:13 AM   #597
MBot
Veteran

Yes, it seems that also the problems with EWR detection were solved. Once these fixes hit 2.1, you can expect some movement again with DCE.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:34 AM   #598
PB0_CEF

Good news !!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2017, 12:50 AM   #599
Xordus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisofsweden View Post
I think he's suggesting it should be taken up by ED and be integrated in DCS.

ED you should employ this man to make the DCE an integral part of DCS! This is the thing that DCS is missing the most. A DCE.

I agree completely. The DCE for the Tiger is one of the best ways to experience DCS in my opinion. I'd love to see it integrated into DCS and expanded upon.
Xordus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:05 PM   #600
Itael

Fantastic news. Can't wait to see your improvements implemented MBot!
My Christmas wish is that ED will seriously consider employing you and give this brilliant engine the official attention it deserves.
Itael is offline   Reply With Quote