Dynamic Campaign Engine - Page 58 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-26-2017, 04:18 AM   #571
Stonehouse

Mostly @Klem but also anyone else using the Normandy db_airbases.lua file which was kindly posted up a page or so back. Please note that the ATC freq's in the file are above the range of WW2 radios which seem to peak at around the 156ish Mhz level. So for a WW2 campaign I believe the file needs to be adjusted by checking each airfield and getting the suitable freq and editing the section of the file.

<edit> did a very quick update and thought I'd try to help out by attaching results. Hopefully no typos Freq's now in the 118-119 MHz range
Attached Files
File Type: lua db_airbases.lua (4.6 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by Stonehouse; 09-26-2017 at 04:55 AM. Reason: add file
Stonehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:24 AM   #572
klem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehouse View Post
Mostly @Klem but also anyone else using the Normandy db_airbases.lua file which was kindly posted up a page or so back. Please note that the ATC freq's in the file are above the range of WW2 radios which seem to peak at around the 156ish Mhz level. So for a WW2 campaign I believe the file needs to be adjusted by checking each airfield and getting the suitable freq and editing the section of the file.

<edit> did a very quick update and thought I'd try to help out by attaching results. Hopefully no typos Freq's now in the 118-119 MHz range
Hi Stonehouse. Yes I found the same.

Unfortunately I have stepped away from DCS. Although I was very close to completing my campaign my entire squad, over a dozen of them, became fed up waiting for real progress on the Normandy map, Spitfire, visibility and the unbalanced planeset. Together these make WWII multiplayer unplayable to any enjoyable degree. I held on as long as possible trying to get real news but met with blind refusal and in the end I gave up and have joined them in another sim. We still play DCS Korea in 1.5/Caucuses one night a month but that's all. I think that's a sop to me as I tried so hard to keep interest in DCS. Hopefully one day Normandy will be more playable, visibility will improve and we will get contemporary 1944/45 aircraft to the two 'ultimate' Bf109 and FW190 currently in DCS. In fact my friends say they will only come back to DCS when that has been done and to be honest we are enjoying the other game very much at the moment. I still fly some DCS a/c offline as a pure flight sim because the cockpits and FMs are superior to other sims.

Anyway, good luck with your campaign.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 3.8GHz / 16Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / 2 x EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb SC SLi/ 256Gb & 128Gb SSDs/ 750W PSU
Windows 10 Home / 3 off 27" @ 5760 x 1080 plus 27" @ 1920 x 1080 below / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro/ MFG Crosswind pedals / CH CM
klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #573
Stonehouse

Sorry to read your news Klem but I can understand it. My group flies very little these days due to combinations of real life sticking it's oar in and also for at least half the guys the WW2 side is still in progress so they don't really get keen. They like the potential but it's a while off yet. Me building a campaign was literally aimed at trying to convince friends to fly it around Christmas while people have a few days free from work. So my comment about how long it will take me was only semi tongue in cheek.
Stonehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:39 AM   #574
Awesomejlee

Is there a place to download this engine yet?
Awesomejlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:33 AM   #575
PB0_CEF

Look there :
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191858
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #576
PB0_CEF

It seems that radio doesn't work anymore in MP missions with DCE Channels are good but AWACS, ATC or wingmen doesn't answer nor speak anymore
Old 10-30-2017, 06:54 PM   #577
Lymark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB0_CEF View Post
It seems that radio doesn't work anymore in MP missions with DCE Channels are good but AWACS, ATC or wingmen doesn't answer nor speak anymore
Lucky for you, Desert Fishbed is almost unplayable.

Lymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:55 AM   #578
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB0_CEF View Post
Is this SP or MP? For some strange reason, the radio never worked in multiplayer in the Desert Tiger 76 campaign. The same mission in singeplayer was alright though.
MBot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:10 PM   #579
PB0_CEF

I confirm that all SP coms work very well in all DCE campaigns I tested. In MP it doesn't work and I think it's a DCS problem...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2017, 03:41 PM   #580
Sublimearrepentido

For some reason following all the insyructions for guardians of the caucauses, or any of the dce campaigns in the caucauses the mission results wont save and the campaign wont progress. It just keeps going to first mission.
I had the newer dce campaigns working VERY briefly then now when I end a mission i get a pop up error screen.
Same error screen thats been posted before. Can anyone offer advice and also can anyone possibly tell me how i could say switch out the player aircraft. Lets say i want to use an F5 in the last squadron campaign or su33..?
Sublimearrepentido is offline   Reply With Quote