Dynamic Campaign Engine - Page 55 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #541
coreflux

So this error message comes up after ending every campaign mission using the Dynamic Campaign Engine. It happens in every campaign whether its the F15 or Mirage2000c campaign. Any one know of a solution?
coreflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:06 AM   #542
Cristofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreflux View Post

So this error message comes up after ending every campaign mission using the Dynamic Campaign Engine. It happens in every campaign whether its the F15 or Mirage2000c campaign. Any one know of a solution?
Have you altered the missionscripting.lua?

From the readme:

2. Open the file "DCS World\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua". Add two minus signs in front of line 16 "sanitizeModule('os')" and line 17 "sanitizeModule('io')". The code block from line 16 to line 20 should then look like this:

--sanitizeModule('os')
--sanitizeModule('io')
sanitizeModule('lfs')
require = nil
loadlib = nil

This modification has to be repeated after each update of DCS World, as each update reverts the file back to its original state.

WARNING: This modification will allow the execution of LUA code included in any downloaded custom mission that is potentially harmful to your system. Modification at your own risk.

Also, run the game as an admin, I have to do that to make it run
Cristofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:33 PM   #543
coreflux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofer View Post
Have you altered the missionscripting.lua?

From the readme:

2. Open the file "DCS World\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua". Add two minus signs in front of line 16 "sanitizeModule('os')" and line 17 "sanitizeModule('io')". The code block from line 16 to line 20 should then look like this:

--sanitizeModule('os')
--sanitizeModule('io')
sanitizeModule('lfs')
require = nil
loadlib = nil

This modification has to be repeated after each update of DCS World, as each update reverts the file back to its original state.

WARNING: This modification will allow the execution of LUA code included in any downloaded custom mission that is potentially harmful to your system. Modification at your own risk.

Also, run the game as an admin, I have to do that to make it run
Thank you for the response. Yes I have commented out the two lines of code in the code block, I ran DCS as admin too and the error message still came up. Also I am playing on DCS 1.5 and not the 2.0 Open Alpha, could that also cause a problem?

Last edited by coreflux; 08-02-2017 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:35 AM   #544
klem

Quote:

This is a logFile called by the Campaign's EventsTracker.lua and is created at mission end. It refers to the campaign Path so check your Campaign path in camp_init.lua under the init folder. If you simply downloaded and placed the campaign folder/files anywhere other than the original campaign path you must edit it to where the campaign now is.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 3.8GHz / 16Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / 2 x EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb SC SLi/ 256Gb & 128Gb SSDs/ 750W PSU
Windows 10 Home / 3 off 27" @ 5760 x 1080 plus 27" @ 1920 x 1080 below / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro/ MFG Crosswind pedals / CH CM

Last edited by klem; 08-02-2017 at 07:37 AM.
klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #545
PB0_CEF

Quote:
Thank you for the response. Yes I have commented out the two lines of code in the code block, I ran DCS as admin too and the error message still came up. Also I am playing on DCS 1.5 and not the 2.0 Open Alpha, could that also cause a problem?
If you are trying to play Mbot original campaigns it's a problem yes. The only campaigns you can play with DCS 1.5 are Cristofer's campaigns (Su-25T and Viggen) or mine (Mirage over Caucasus).
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #546
Nate--IRL--
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB0_CEF View Post
If you are trying to play Mbot original campaigns it's a problem yes. The only campaigns you can play with DCS 1.5 are Cristofer's campaigns (Su-25T and Viggen) or mine (Mirage over Caucasus).
There is also the Su-27 "The Last Squadron" for 1.5 too.

Nate
Old 08-02-2017, 03:54 PM   #547
PB0_CEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate--IRL-- View Post
There is also the Su-27 "The Last Squadron" for 1.5 too.

Nate
Oops forget it sorry
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:43 PM   #548
coreflux

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
This is a logFile called by the Campaign's EventsTracker.lua and is created at mission end. It refers to the campaign Path so check your Campaign path in camp_init.lua under the init folder. If you simply downloaded and placed the campaign folder/files anywhere other than the original campaign path you must edit it to where the campaign now is.
I changed the path in the file and I am still getting the error:

This is the path to the campaign in blue

Here is the code in the camp_init file.

Not sure why the error is still coming up, its the exact same error in my last post.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:51 PM   #549
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
The path is not correctly formatted as string due to the last backslash. LUA interprets \" as "", therefore it does not close the string. Remove the last backslash and it should be working.
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:21 AM   #550
coreflux

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBot View Post
The path is not correctly formatted as string due to the last backslash. LUA interprets " as "", therefore it does not close the string. Remove the last backslash and it should be working.
Nope, still happening

Here is the code inside camp_init