Dynamic Campaign Engine - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-06-2015, 09:25 AM   #101
Custard

Since in multiplayer missions there is obviously no access to the mission planner. Do you have any way to generate briefing images (whether they be in game or exported to a folder on the host's computer) detailing the flight plan by exporting the coordinates of mission waypoints MBot?
Custard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:16 AM   #102
blaueente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custard View Post
Since in multiplayer missions there is obviously no access to the mission planner. Do you have any way to generate briefing images (whether they be in game or exported to a folder on the host's computer) detailing the flight plan by exporting the coordinates of mission waypoints MBot?
I think in this case the DC Engine has to run on the hosts machine so that the new mission can be build there.

Anyway... i dont know how the engine will know how much player slots/flights are needed... unless it is designed around a "permanent death" scenario. But i think Mbot has already thought about that and will provide a solution. If this point got already answered ... sry i dont read the whole thread
blaueente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:37 PM   #103
Home Fries

Quote:
Incorporating [FSF] Ian's Multiplayer Mission Planner may be the way to go here. You don't need to export anything outside of the mission itself, and the MMP modifies the miz file itself when incorporating changes (e.g. if you decide to change your route slightly or add personalized skins for the clients).

I could see potentially streamlining this so that you don't need to pick a side and enter a password (your side is already picked for you and it's automatically coop), but other than that it should be pretty much plug and play.

Here's the Github.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #104
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
No, frankly I think this ball is in ED's yard. I hope that they will eventually make the mission planner MP capable.
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #105
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaueente View Post
Anyway... i dont know how the engine will know how much player slots/flights are needed...
Number of players will be in a config file so the engine knows how many AI wingmen are needed to fill up the player flight.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #106
Zomb Lee

If I had the money, MBot, I probably would have bought the MiG-21 on the spot just to play your dynamic campaign you've crafted, despite the fact that I have no interest in the MiG! I saw this topic a few days ago, when I had begun to start using a pencil and paper system to try to simulate running a mercenary ground attack squadron using Ex-Georgian SU-25T's. Working for US/UN forces. Ground and air kills are paid like bounties. Basically, the old Strike Fighters 2/ Area 88 setup. I was going to try to post more about my self imposed rule system and see if anyone else would be interested in using it or helping me to polish it until I saw this topic.

I can't wait to see this in action, as a DC is desperately needed. ED's constant praise of the mission editor is understandable as it is a powerful tool, but if you're playing single player, building missions for yourself is kind of pointless, as I know everything that's about to happen and when it will happen. And canned missions from the internet are just that, canned. Anyways, that's been beaten to death really, so I'll shut up about that.

I cannot wait to try out this DCE using the SU-25T if it's supported. I have the A-10C but something about the simplicity of the SU-25T brings me back to it, and there's little content available for that bird, seeing as how it's free, especially if you like flying on the US/UN Allied Side and not for Russia. If I can save enough money, I'll be buying the F-86 Sabre which is my all time favorite fighter, and if the DCE supports that...well, I may lose my marriage, lol

Anyways, I keep checking back here all the time on the look out for a download. Can't wait, and thank you again for all of your hard work.

-The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries”
― Howard Tayler
Zomb Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #107
RedeyeStorm

Hi Mbot,

Just a post in support. I have been playing or following this game since Lockon but the poor single player aspect of the game has always kept me away from it. I love the eye for detail in this game so your mission will probably get me flying this one.

If so then Eagle dynamics owes you some money

Thanks for your efforts,

RedeyeStorm
RedeyeStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:29 AM   #108
spinter

Send a message via ICQ to spinter

fantastic!

TsSimComms

My Site aiupgrade.net

spinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #109
MBot
Veteran

Just to give you a short update on the state of things. With December being December and the release of Nevada and the Mirage 2000, I didn't work that much on the project. But I still put in at least a couple of hours per week. I have been further working on the ATO which required some re-coding to allow the implementation of some smaller features. Next up is a testing series to make sure that all current features are (still) working as intended and a round of bug fixing I assume. A task which is not particularly fun and which will require some overcoming to tackle. Then there will be some fun designing and coding again, with the introduction of players into the now AI-only ATO.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:21 PM   #110
Zomb Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBot View Post
Just to give you a short update on the state of things--

Thanks so much for thinking of us and letting us know how the work is progressing. I watched DCS World update a few times over and wondered to myself how many wrenches that threw into your plans... I don't know the first thing about scripting or creating mods or programming, but I still know I'd hate to do the amount of work you must have to do on something as complex as this.

However, the news of progress on this is great timing for me, as I'll be buying some much coveted modules here in the next few hours that I'd love to use in a dynamic campaign environment!

-The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries”
― Howard Tayler
Zomb Lee is offline   Reply With Quote