HORTON Ho229 v4+ by Polychop Simulations - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-02-2015, 11:46 PM   #21
leafer
Veteran

"I want to create something exotic!" Is that the opening line of your meeting?

Beautiful! Freaking beautiful. I don't care if it's plausible or doesn't exist or never made it to mass production. Tell me it powered by alien technologies and I'm cool. I like it when people think differently. I hardly want to get excited with the usual lot of conventional aircraft announced by 3rd parties. They're all nice and, unfortunately, unassuming.

Good luck!
leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:32 AM   #22
rrohde
Veteran

Would be very interesting to see such a plane made with the DCS-style PFM (Professional Flight Model) and how it would handle in the virtual skies. Would definitely buy!

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1 | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II /w MCG PRO

Chizh on the question as to why DCS development seems slower and slower: "Slower than 20 years ago? - Yes. The slowdown is primarily due to increased requirements for quality. Very few modelers are able to provide it."

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:10 AM   #23
borchi_2b
3rd Party Developer

A very tiny update.

Started to setup the tubeframe for further usage when we come to the damage model later on.

Have a nice rest week and a wonderful weekend.

cheers
Polychop Simulations Sven
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss+(2014-12-03+at+07.00.54).jpg
Views:	1195
Size:	324.1 KB
ID:	111842  
Old 02-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #24
ACG_IronJockel

Nice!
But i'm not sure if this aircraft has a place in online WW2 pvp matches.
ACG_IronJockel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:05 PM   #25
zaelu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACG_IronJockel View Post
Nice!

Even in IL-1946 was hard for it to find a place. It was the fastest plane and very powerful, 2 30mm canons (mk103 not grenade launchers like mk108 on bf109k4) and one inside bomb of 1000 kilos and it was a dream multipurpose fighter. This combined with the flight model which was and still is (possible forever will be this way) anyone's guess... it was very frustrating for enemy.

I don't want to be misunderstood, it is a dream plane for me too... but I don't see it as a start up module for DCS. If it will be modeled close to reality it will be a real pain to be kept in the air and fighting its supposed enemies, Mustangs and P47s will be a turkey shot. Placing it against after war jets is pointless as it is just a prototype plane... very good only on paper and only against its inferior enemies of its year. Any Mig15/Sabre will eat it alive.

It is one of my dream planes but its existence in DCS is a bit pointless to me if developing costs are taken into consideration. Otherwise I would love one now in DCS if it will just pop into existence .
Old 02-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #26
NineLine
Community Manager

I love that someone is doing something with aircraft like this, I hope you do your research and get a ton of testing documents and such, I know they are out there, I really want a high quality FM and really get an idea what it was like to fly this aircraft... good luck guys!
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:58 PM   #27
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACG_IronJockel View Post
Nice!
I hate to sound like a broken record... but its all about mission design
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #28
shagrat
ED Translator

What Sith said. Amazing plane to just fly and try.
In the end DCS is a Flight simulation foremost focused on military planes... why not go beyond the usual F-16A vs. Mig-29?
Not that these wouldn't get their share of love either.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:19 PM   #29
otto

I don't think it's that unstable.

Min 13:37 a flying wing model built by Horton brothers lands at low speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDkMIlK67Bw

Also one of the prototypes crashed because of engine failure and it is impossible to fly the plane with just one engine.

I think it's going to be harder to use than the 262 because of the lack of rudder.
You need the rudder for small adjustments when shooting it's harder to fly, shoot without one imho .
otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #30
Rogue Trooper

This will be a real nice module!
good luck.
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote