OBS Studio

Been using OBS Studio for a month and today I wanted to use it for the first time in DCS. Turns out when in game all I get is a black screen with the DCS logo in the middle of it. The audio is there, but no footage. Any one familiar with this, please?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The game runs flawlessly, so the log files wont do you any good. I might've failed to highlight the issue here. The black screen with the DCS logo in the middle of it is what I get in the recorded video. However the audio is there. So when I exit the simulator and go back to the desktop (while still recording), the desktop and any other activities are recorded, seen and heard. It's like DCS is refusing to export any footage for the recording programme; OBS Studio.

I hope, I made it clear this time :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Works here..

Is it starting with Admin rights?

Is it in screen capture or program capture?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Works here..

Is it starting with Admin rights?

Is it in screen capture or program capture?

Yes, "run as administrator" is checked.

Probably programme capture. DCs runs just fine. It's the recorded video that is missing the footage and shows only the black screen with the DCS logo in it.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Have you tried running borderless windowed mode and using screen capture? Some games require you to do things like that.

Just looked up the settings and tried out some options. Didn't work. Not sure I checked/unchecked the correct option for that. Do you know where it is?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Just looked up the settings and tried out some options. Didn't work. Not sure I checked/unchecked the correct option for that. Do you know where it is?

In DCS you want full screen unticked, and your screen resolution set the same as your monitor resolution. That should run in borderless windowed.

In OBS you want a Display Capture source for the monitor on which the game will be displayed.

I've just tested it and it works perfectly for me that way.

I use Game Capture and the following settings for DCS:

2Capture.PNG.dd04db544c15472196330f7dfbc42bfb.PNG

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP