Update gazelle ?

hanab

Hi, again no update of the gazelle today ..... We are at update 6 of 2.5.2 and the bugs of our favorite helicopter are still not resolved.

Polychop no longer exists?

Edited by hanab

hi, polychop still exists ^^, but since it's a very small structure, they may not have time to answer right now.

on the other hand for the bug fixes like the camera, they are in the hands of ED (their part of the code). polychop has already acted in its part of the code to solve the problems (or at least a large part) that really bother us right now

hope that ED will have time to solve the problem as soon as possible

Edited by Sanbato

Sanbato, you have to work for polychop since you are not objective! Lol

If poly had a minimum of respect for the players, he could talk to us it does not take one hour to make a post.

For the rwr bug in mp, you want me to believe also that it is an ED bug, seriously ? I don’t think so....

Sanbato, you have to work for polychop since you are not objective! Lol

If poly had a minimum of respect for the players, he could talk to us it does not take one hour to make a post.

For the rwr bug in mp, you want me to believe also that it is an ED bug, seriously ? I don’t think so....

AFAIK it is, as it touches also other modules.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Correct, there are other modules suffering from this bug.

BTW, I have no idea where on this planet you live hanab but when this update went live today most people here in europe had a RL job to do. Since the Polychop guys do this stuff in their spare time you should think about it first and post later. Not everybody can surf and post from his office desk.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BTW, I have no idea where on this planet you live hanab but when this update went live today most people here in europe had a RL job to do. Since the Polychop guys do this stuff in their spare time you should think about it first and post later. Not everybody can surf and post from his office desk.

:thumbup:

I dont see the link between the post I wrote, where I live, where I work (not everyone has the chance to work during the day) and the work of polychop .....

So that makes weeks that polychop gives us any news. Either they prepare the best module in the world or they are on holiday in the Bahamas with the sale of the gazelle or they have no interest to talk to us. I don’t know.

I know there are common bugs between the modules that Ed changes the code and the 3rd party must correct .... but there are also bugs specific to the gazelle

Now if you find that everything is fine, good for you but you will not convince me. Sorry guys !

It’s my favorite helicopter and i just want some answers from the compagny.

Edited by hanab

Guys don't focus on the way of asking, simply give an answer to the main question. I don't care either if Hanab has a job or not (I never thought I would write such thing on this forum lol), and no, Hanab, they are not on the Bahamas beach, they are not British, the main coder is at the Reunion.

Still as long as it's where he lives, he's just a lucky guy :p

It is simply and very objectively that many times, a bug or part of a bug can only be solved with the ED coders intervention, as long as 3rd party devs cannot edit the main DCS code. Of course, making this a generic excuse wouldn't be fair, but I can garantee you (because beta testers are from the squad I lead) that they are at work every afternoon with Patrick, the main coder. (omg I'm too part of the mafia... Still I try to remain objective, I'm a kamov guy, the Gazelle doesn't interest me and I'm not -longer- paid.). This is the way of working of 3rd parties : you add a custom product to an already existing basis which doesn't belong to you.

About the communication policy, it is highly suggested to go ask your questions on the Poly discord. Even it may not seem normal for you, there are very few devs and they are all working on both Gazelle and other projects, so they leave the Discord ON on their phone, but they rarely come here, except in the bug section, as long as they don't have so much time to spend with communication.

And I agree with you, I would be fool if I didn't : a lack of communication is not a good thing, but when you own a little company, you can communicate or develop, but rarely and hardly both at the same time. So communication lack is not good, but they choose to work instead of talking, and that's quite all.

Contrarily to what some people reading this may think, DCS is not a huge market, you don't earn a lot, so you have to focus on work, that's kinda all. And be sure (really) that they are aware of some bugs, and as long as it's their work and they tend to be proud of their baby, it doesn't please them to see that something isn't working properly. When you don't see the issue solved, it is simply that it doesn't depend on them, because for the camera, it would actually be a pretty easy fix.

Have a nice day, would it be at work (unlucky) or home (lucky :) ),

Nicolas

PS : Sanba ! Retourne bosser spèce de cacochyme !

Edited by dimitriov

It’s my favorite helicopter and i just want some answers from the compagny.

How could it possibly be your favorite, and yet so appallingly badly bugged?

Do yourself a favour hanab, and wind it in a little. I would suggest that your posts are pretty close to becoming libel. To imply team is taking money and not providing the service you feel you deserve is unfair in the extreme.

It is just a fact of life that when 3rd parties with limited resources plug their software into a continually developing system, bugs will appear, and take time and teamwork between both parties to fix.

And also, stop accusing people of having vested interests when you clearly know absolutely nothing about either Polychop or people who work for them.

For dimitrov (very good campaign) : Thank you for your explanations clear and precise (unlike other enervated). I don’t know that poly had a discord, I'll see. I am happy to see that work continues..

For the others : agree with dimi too go kill some tank with your hello kitty hot missile to relax. (And i probably do it too)

Have a good day !!

Edited by hanab

For dimitrov (very good campaign) : Thank you for your explanations clear and precise (unlike other enervated). I don’t know that poly had a discord, I'll see. I am happy to see that work continues..

For the others : agree with dimi too go kill some tank with your hello kitty hot missile to relax. (And i probably do it too)

Have a good day !!

my message was very calm and was meant to reassure you that polychop exists and is always at work. but you persisted with a conspiracy theory, followed by a history of breach of trust or whatever. that's what angered the other speakers ^^

@dimi: I'm not a cacochyme I'm a crocophage

@ sanba : I don’t know where you saw all this but it's very funny. you made me laugh :megalol:

Otherwise let's get back to the original subject, if one day, some interesting news about the update of the gazelle is published I hope we will be on this forum or elsewhere.

...If poly had a minimum of respect for the players...

...Either they prepare the best module in the world or they are on holiday in the Bahamas with the sale of the gazelle or they have no interest to talk to us. I don’t know.

not to mention the lack of respect with which you speak to those who try to help you or explain things as they are.

but do not worry, I understand that it is useless to explain anything to you.

I give up, and I will not try to help you anymore.

have a good game

As you want sanba, you are free, like me.

The positive side of our exchanges is that everyone saw that there was a problem with the gazelle and that the opinions of the players were different.

Maybe one day polychop will speak, We'll see.

Have a good game too (but without rwr on and not at night)

Yes we speak.

Not as much as we sometimes would like to, but now and then when we have the time, we do speak.

But we also learned that sometimes you have to be quiet and not to speak, when others try to force you to speak, esspecially when you have nothing nice to say.

In behalf of us, Polychop, we do ask you guys to not fire HOTs at eachother. There is no need to fight or jump infront of us. We learned to not respond to sentences that left the fine tone of respect, which is why we sometimes do not answer to not stir up the oven of heat with gasoline ;)

that said, yes we are aware of sepecific bigs and try to solv them asap, next to working on something new.

Hello,

thanks for these words.

Sorry for using hard words but my goal was to have some answers and not to hurt anyone.I'll be careful next time.

Again thanks for giving this interesting answer directly from polychop.:thumbup:

I can assure you hanab, that we are reading every week the forum several times to see what is going on, cause right now we have no community manager which I personally would like to have so we can focus on the things we have to do in first place.

Plus sometimes it is hard to not get out of line in the tone so yes I am thinking about whom we could offer that job.

• 2 weeks later...

Good question. I PM'd the guy that posted the ED update and he replied that when (if) ED are told of any changes, he'll add them to the changelog.

This would seem to indicate that communication between 3rd party devs and ED is .... limited.

Do you know if the update announced in this post ( https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2769411&postcount=1) was published by ED or polychop because I don’t see anything in the list of the OB update 7 ?

Can't test for multiplayer right now but it's an affirm for the IR view :thumbup:

Screen_180718_190526.thumb.png.dc4b04a7d0d2e7d7b10032d09acc2cfd.png

Screen_180718_190528.thumb.png.c9789cd62ed285603e343a240890f847.png

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]