Lowering Seat Position / Forward Cockpit View?

jjohnson241

Need some help guys..

I fly with TIR and I find that the forward view in the cockpit places the gunsight on the upper edge of the sight reflector. Any upward movement of my head immediately sends the gunsight upward and off the reflector.

I need somehow to lower my seat position (or effectively the view) so that the gunsight is centered on the reflector.

I'm wearly of crunching my head downward to center the sight.

Can someone help me understand how to "lower" my default forward cockpit view?

Thanks,

JJohnson241

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Try to lower your head. It's working with my one :thumbup:

I'm not joking, try to lean a bit towards the monitor/TrackIR sensor.

Edited by Suchacz

Suchacz,

I can lower my head and center the sight within the reflector.

Problem is that is extemely unconfortable (for me at least). I searched the forum and found several posts indicating the default snap view can be edited.

I tried that without success.. the sight is still too high in the reflector.

Thanks anyhow for your response.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

On the left side of the cockpit is a switch to raise and lower the seat. The switch is in about the same spot on the left side that the canopy open/close is on the right.

Don't know if that helps you or not. I'm not sure if there's a way to change the default height of the seat.

Edited by scrapple

Assuming that normally you're centring your Track IR correctly before you play you alternatively could centre your Track IR with you sitting up too high to begin with. Then when you sit back down into your normal comfortable position your view would effectively be lowered. It sounds more like your initial centring of Track IR isn't working out right for some reason though.

Scrapple,

You must be referring to the A-10 or another aircraft. The P-51 has a hand crank for cockpit close and no switch for seat adjustment. Thanks anyway.

Foul Ole Ron,

When TIR is centered, the "view" is the default cockpit centered snap view. I'm not sure how to change that other than changing the center snap view (lua) in the game. You have something else in mind?

JJohnson241

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

you should talk to PeterP. he has ideas and solutions for almost everything. He is wicked.. I mean really wicked, in a smart way. Ask him about default seat position. He'll probably throw you a way to lower the default unfrozen trackIR4 position. But be warned, lowering the view can hamper visibility with snapshot type of attacks, those that enemy flying under your sight and possibly your cowling. For'warned is forth armed...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I mapped the absolute head vertical position to my micro stick in the axis assign section. This way when I am shooting while pulling/pushing hard, I can bring the gun sight into view without stretching my neck like a giraffe .

I also had to tweak the saturation a bit so that movements are limited.

RecoilFx: Interesting solution, trading a stretched neck in favor of the microstick.

WildBill: I'll try to contact PeterP. I've noticed his view "mods" here and agree that if there is a solution to be found, that's the place to look. Does he answer his PM's here?

Through all this I have to wonder how real P-51 jockeys dealt with this "problem". I would assume that they would have adjusted their seat to effectively place the sight in the center of the reflector (or wherever they wanted it). The manual mentions that the seat is adjustable to accommodate sitting on a chute. Strange that's not modeled in a sim of this fidelity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67