did he just say they are developing the FW190?

9.JG27 DavidRed

+11111

Would love to see a DCS-level Beaufighter and/or a Mosquito as well at some point. Well, one can dream :music_whistling:

Definitely Mosquito or P-38 Lightning...

Firstly...

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Secondly...

Which D9 variant and please tell me it will make use of the centre line bomb rack!

Thirdly...

Please stop saying its going to take two years :( or is that official!!!

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Please stop saying its going to take two years :( or is that official!!!

There hasn't been any time-frame given by ED. The 2-3 years I was referring to earlier was about how long I think it'll take to have a few planes and an appropriate map done. The butcher bird should be a fair bit sooner. They've done the proof of concept and groundwork with the P51 and prop planes have to be a bit quicker to build than more complex modern jets. From Yo-Yo's earlier post it sounds like they're in the middle of interpretation of data to do all the FM, CEM, etc. modelling. Trying to come up with a time-frame is pretty impossible without knowing what resources ED are devoting towards the project but if I had to guess I'd say 6 months would be reasonable but we'll see.

Yep it's a insta-buy as soon as it's available for me. That pretty much goes for any WWII bird that's done to the P51 level of fidelity.

[nod] I am very pleased to hear that E.D. is doing more max-fidelity WWII fighters. P-51D is the best thing that's ever happened to the flight sim community. (Although convincing arguments could be made that A-10C was, as well.)

Edited by Echo38