Is 1.26 worth updating to?

starsky396

If you use FFB stick missing effects.

Yes, we are still waiting for a fix here. If you have a FFB stick I *do not* recommend updating to 1.2.6.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I wouldn't.

1.2.6 is massively backstep in terms of FPS. So if you care about them, don't install it.

But if you play MP mostly, you have to, unfortunately.

You can copy current 1.2.5 folder installation as backup. It is easier to roll back than full reinstallation.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

What bugs? I have also not noticed any loss of frame rate. The sim is completely playable and enjoyable. Do not be worried because someone lost 6 frames per second so they now have to suffer at 55FPS instead of 61. DCS makes these updates to improve the sim, not degrade it; I would say if you are not updating you are shorting yourself on features that you have already paid for and are not enjoying.

What bugs? I have also not noticed any loss of frame rate. The sim is completely playable and enjoyable. Do not be worried because someone lost 6 frames per second so they now have to suffer at 55FPS instead of 61. DCS makes these updates to improve the sim, not degrade it; I would say if you are not updating you are shorting yourself on features that you have already paid for and are not enjoying.

Just a sample of the current Bugs in A10C

-AAR impossible (Tanker disconnects immediately)

-TACAN controls don't work

-Radios do not work properly

The updates do not always improve things sorry to say. The last, 1.2.6 update 3 was particularly "degrading"

I have to agree on this one. I experienced the same issues as discribed above

Still i take these errors for granted but i hope they will be fixed in the next update.

Asus Rampage V Extreme, I7 5930k @ 4.0 GHz, 32Gb Dominator DDR4 (OC), GTX 980 Ti, 250 GB Samsung evo 850 SSD, Win10 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, Trackir5.0, Saitek pro rudders.

12822601.t.jpg

HdermD

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I decided to update to 1.23 Patch 3, and it appears to be working pretty well. Haven't noticed any game-breaking bugs so far.

I keep two ver. of the sim. on my PC the best Multiplayer ver. and the latest update. So I have 1.2.5 and another copy of the patched ver. just to see how it does on "My PC" as answers will very on this issue.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Just a sample of the current Bugs in A10C

-AAR impossible (Tanker disconnects immediately)

-TACAN controls don't work

-Radios do not work properly

The updates do not always improve things sorry to say. The last, 1.2.6 update 3 was particularly "degrading"

This. Since I'm flying the A-10C at the moment 1.2.6 has too many annoying bugs.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat