Serious Issues - Need Help Badly

SnowTiger

Hi everyone.

After owning BS 1 for 4 years (and subsequently purchasing the BS 2 Upgrade, A-10 and P-51), I finally built a new computer:

8 Core with 8 Gigs Ram, GTX 570 Video, TrackIR Pro (Track Clip Pro).

Win 7 64 bit

I have Saitek X-52 HOTAS and Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals.

I am all set and raring to go.

Last night I started training in the P-51 (thinking WW 2 Fixed Wing would be easiest with my prior Flight Sim Experience).

Although, I was having issues with Taxi'ing and maybe some control issues, things "seemed" to be working "ok" !

Today, I tried doing the same but my Keyboard's PAUSE button doesn't seem to be doing a damn thing. It certainly doesn't start the Training

When I do get into training (I don't even know how it got there), I could not pull up the Controller Position Indicator window (i.e. Rt Ctrl + Enter).

I have no idea what happened or what is going on but for some reason, my Keyboard (brand new) doesn't seem to want to work in P-51.

I'm so pissed I didn't even bother trying in any other Sims because I'm not ready for their complexity yet.

Does anyone have a known solution for this issue ?

Has anyone else even heard of this issue ?

BTW- When in Training, my ESC button doesn't do anything either.

So I Ctrl + Esc to minimize the GUI, close the GUI Tab (bottom of desktop) and then the stupid thing fires back up to goes directly to training again.

I'm at my wits end.

PLEASE HELP.

BTW- again... If ANYONE is willing to assist me for a bit using VoiceWare, that would be great !!

I'm available all evening.

You are welcome to email me directly by clicking on Contact Us at my website at http://www.modelstoglobe.com

SnowTiger:joystick:

You did not accidently remapped some keys?

Check all your key commands.

Or go to your user directory, locate saved games, go to DCS and remove the entire Config folder (e.g. temporarily place it on the desktop).

When you restart DCS the program creates that folder again.

I think DCS maps commands to every axis and button on your X52 - most of them quite useless... a friend of mine had that issue (unless he did something that he didn't tell me...).

Hope that will help.

;)

Edited by Konrad Friedrich

• ED Team

snipped ^^ :)

have you dropped old controller profile's into DCS from earlier versions ?

If it was me I would double check the controller profile in DCS and if that looks ok go to

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\P-51D and delete the four folders inside, then restart the sim and it will reset your control profiles to default

at-least you can start from fresh and work the problem then.

Hope it helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

erase your saved games folder in documents. remap entire controls and report back

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I'll give that a try.

Thanks you guys.

I'll give those suggestions a try and get back to you.

Hopefully this will work because I can't imagine what could have happened otherwise.

I have done minimal mapping ... mostly just rudders and TrackIR setup, but who knows what I might have changed that I shouldn't have.

Thanks again and I'll let you know ASAP.

Also - and this is going to sound really stupid - have you tried pressing Pause twice? I've noticed that it sometimes needs to be pressed once to remove the "Pause screen" that appears once the world has finished loading, but then pressed again to actually unpause the sim. That's caught me out a couple of times.

Alternatively (and this has caught me out, too) have you accidentally toggled your keyboard's F-Lock?

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Turns out you were right about Re-Mapping

I did as suggested and Deleted (to Desktop) my Configs and started over again.

This DID resolve my initial issues.

But something continues to be weird (at least to me) with regards to the operation of my Rudder Pedals.

First of all the Toe Brakes don't seem to work at all and when Mapped in the game (Axis), everything goes all to crap on me.

But even more disturbing is the fact that my rudders appear to work more like Toggle On/Off because after I do a hard turn (with stick pulled all the way back or all the way forward while Taxi'ing), the plane insists on continuing to turn in that same direction No Matter what I do .... or at least until I hit the W key a few times (I think that clears it).

There seems to be discrepancies between my Pedals, my Hotas and that which DCS wants.

I could really use some patient help, preferably using TeamSpeak or Mumbles or whatever floats yer boat.

Somebody PLEASE volunteer some time for this old fart to get going ???!!!!

Nice to hear that removing the config folder helped.

Regarding your rudder issues:

Press "RightCtrl + Enter" when you are in your plane.

This brings up a red window in the left lower corner of your screen.

There you can see the input of your stick, rudder, throttle and brakes.

Check if they are operating correctly.

The X-52 has a twisting stick for rudder control - have you checked if this axis is mapped to your rudder as well?

Clear that setting.

I think the toe brakes should be assigned as "sliders", not axis.

Check if they are calibrated in Win7 controller settings.

Maybe you need to invert the toe brake action.

Edited by Konrad Friedrich