How to check the weight difference between left and right?

tifafan

Not particularly specific but I’ll take a shot. Assuming youre trying to figure out why youre plane is rolling one direction or the other. Fuel tanks should be balancing out left and right automatically so that shouldnt be an issue. Only issue that should cause imbalance would be stores/weapons. Bring up your stores page on mfd and see if you have fired/dropped more on one side than the other. As long as stores are balanced then youre looking at damage, wind or a centering issue with your joystick.

He's asking how to find the actual weight difference between one side and the other after expending stores or when using asymmetric loads. Probably for trimming. I recall there being a page in one of the NFM manuals indicating how much trim to apply in such situations, but it used the weight difference. Which is hard to figure out in DCS through the ME. If you add an AMRAAM on a LAU115, you can figure out the weight of both together, but after you expend the AMRAAM you won't know how much the LAU115 weighs because that's not indicated in the ME. There are also times where weights in the ME don't seem to match weights in-game, e.g. ACTS pod somehow causing roll despite being recorded as being lighter than the combined stores on the opposite wing.

He's asking how to find the actual weight difference between one side and the other after expending stores or when using asymmetric loads. Probably for trimming. I recall there being a page in one of the NFM manuals indicating how much trim to apply in such situations, but it used the weight difference. Which is hard to figure out in DCS through the ME. If you add an AMRAAM on a LAU115, you can figure out the weight of both together, but after you expend the AMRAAM you won't know how much the LAU115 weighs because that's not indicated in the ME. There are also times where weights in the ME don't seem to match weights in-game, e.g. ACTS pod somehow causing roll despite being recorded as being lighter than the combined stores on the opposite wing.

Thank you.I'm asking for asymmetric loads trim.On CAT there is a sheet for trim in NATOPS,but it's depend on weight difference between left side and right side.

Well if your doing goofy gas for example, your Asym will be roughly 2000lbs off CG, by the charts this would equate to 6 degrees unloaded wing down. If you look below I gave a(n) image of the chart, and supplied some info to better help you out. 2 Pubs for everyone.

Edited by CHSStarKiller

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Another one for everyone if they don't have it

Edited by NineLine

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

FYI, A120's "CANNOT" be loaded legally on a LAU-115C/A, especially since there is no area for a buffer to be installed. This is a false load by the DEVS :D. "HAS" to be loaded on a LAU-127. Now if this were a Rhino then the BRU can be pulled and a block installed that can attach the 127 directly :D

Really appreciate it.

You just need to kind of do the math in your pre-flight and adjust accordingly. Just so you know I don't think this chart was taken into consideration in the flight dynamics but I found a +/- 1 degree will be almost better. Thats just me.

Only problem with weights in a real-world manual is if they actually match in DCS. Then there's the issue of weights in the ME possibly not matching with what's seen in-game. There was such an issue with the TCTS pod being light in the ME but heavy when actually flying on the Harrier, but since we don't have the TCTS on the Hornet yet I don't know if it's a munition weight issue or a Harrier issue.

The most important question has not been answered yet, unless I missed it somewhere in the posted .PDFs, there is no mention of moment or foot-pounds anywhere here. THAT is critical as per the already posted chart for trim.

-Natops p.296(I-4-12) has the distance from pylon to centerline in ft.

Instead of doing all the math yourself, here is a kneeboard page I created to make my life easier:

Edited by NineLine

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Fuel tanks should be balancing out left and right automatically so that shouldnt be an issue.

I once had it that my plane tended to roll left slightly and I went Alt+Tab to see if my Crosswind pedals needed a recalibration since it was one of those days with 38° outdoor & indoor as well and like 10° less through the night. And at least in my case I have to recalibrate the pedals when temperatures are changing. But that was not the case. Then I decided to put up the fuel page...

41197955_DCS2018-07-3000-50-40-65.thumb.jpg.5f828b62f3f6821cf085424d47fbee67.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 months later...
The most important question has not been answered yet, unless I missed it somewhere in the posted .PDFs, there is no mention of moment or foot-pounds anywhere here. THAT is critical as per the already posted chart for trim.

-Natops p.296(I-4-12) has the distance from pylon to centerline in ft.

Instead of doing all the math yourself, here is a kneeboard page I created to make my life easier:

That is a great chart to have, thanks for providing it! I've been trying to figure out how to do the math myself, what formula did you use to get your moments of inertia? I've gotta know!