Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have applied two mods today https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301897/ and https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306396/ and my MFDs are still very thin and light as my picture above shows.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

So I bought a new computer and installed my current two monitors of which one is a touchscreen and the new system works great. Helios however is not functioning anymore. For some reason its not recognizing my screen layout and I cant reset it as it sees the old and new layout the same. Any ideas on this. The larger screen actually shows as sceen two when I display my desktop

helios.PNG.c25bf38bce40fb4088b1a5c66edb443c.PNG

display.PNG.51e9d14c0b3a5151eb010fb8c894dc16.PNG

Edited by gunterlund21

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

ok got helios working again and playing with the settings in AMPCD_init.lua. Has anyone been able to thicken up the font on that. Its so light when the map is on you can see anything.

I tried updating

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.8

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.5

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

but it doesnt seem to change anything.

Also running into this now with the new DCS build.

the HUD and MFD's seem to be tied together now so if you adjust the thickness and fuzziness, hit fixes the MFD but you lose the HUD

cockpit.thumb.PNG.723dea564d11484dd5c1fd2ecf908071.PNG

Edited by gunterlund21

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to tell you that I solved all my visualization issue installing the new Helios 1.6 and F18 v3.0b ; Now I'm looking for help about the Capt Zeen Helios KneeBoard.

I found a MAPS link in the Helios profile of the Hornet, but appears only a page where you can download the Charts

Edited by taichi

Click on those buttons !!:music_whistling:

6RIvzWK.png

Just to tell you that I solved all my visualization issue installing the new Helios 1.6 and F18 v3.0b ; Now I'm looking for help about the Capt Zeen Helios KneeBoard.

I found a MAPS link in the Helios profile of the Hornet, but appears only a page where you can download the Charts

• 3 weeks later...

I share My Output for the Helios Control Center . .

{

"Product": "Helios",

"Version": "1.6.3051.0",

"Items": [

{

"Report": [

. . .

{

"TimeStamp": "08/20/2020 08:57:25.985 ",

"Severity": 1,

"Status": "The DCS Export.lua stub at '%USERPROFILE%\\Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Scripts\\Export.lua' does not match configuration",

"Recommendation": "Select the interface for A-10C and run DCS setup"

},

.... omissis

"The DCS Export.lua stub at '%USERPROFILE%\\Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Scripts\\Export.lua' does not match configuration",

"Recommendation": "Select the interface for A-10C and run DCS setup"

What does it means and what can I do to fix it ?

Thanks in advance . .

//-----------------

Problem SOLVED . . sorry . . after the Helios quick patch for new ED update, I missed to update the ExportLUA into the profile Editor.

Thanks again and sorry for dirturbing you guys . .

//------------------------------------

Edited by taichi
Problem solved . .

I was trying something that I thought would be simple, but of course it was not. In the F18 profile, for the maps, there is a tab for "custom" and I attempted to add some airfields from the Syrian map. I first put the airfields in the correct kneeboard folder for CZ's images. Next, I changed the file type to a jpeg and changed the name of the airfield to image_00.jpg but the page remained blank and the airfield did not show up. Any thoughts?

Got it finally. All Israeli airfields now in the profile.

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

As my above post indicted, I was able to load 10 airfields in the custom mission tab of the F18 profile. However, it seems that loading more than 10 may be an issue as a number of other things have to change in Helios, which I am not sure how to do. Any thoughts?

• 2 months later...

Started playing with Helios 1.6 and Capt Zeen's awesome profiles a few days ago and everything is working great. But today I noticed that the Emergency/Parking Brake handle will not 'Pull' out. I can only get it to rotate. But if I use the Brake Lever in the F/A-18c cockpit it pull out just fine in the DCS Cockpit and also in the Helios profile...

How do you 'Pull' the Brake lever out in the profile??

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Capt,

you did a real good job !!!!

Well, i see that the F18 profile is made out of A10C interface

But i need to add things from real f18 interface.

If i add a second interface to the profile (F18 profile), it dont work.

How can we mod the profile by adding bindings to F18 interface ?

Thanks !!!!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, looking for a little help. Somewhere in the forums someone once asked how to remove the reflections from the bottom right gauge cluster on the center console. Capt Zeen said to delete any images in the profile that start with "Crystal". I did that, but now I get a red background with what looks like a black X where the gauges are supposed to be (see attached image). Does anyone know how to successfully remove the reflection overlays and still have the gauges appear as they should? Thank you! 

Gauges.PNG

Edited by GeneralDynamics

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

One more question, and someone asked this before and Capt Zeen said he was going to look into it, but I couldn't find where he replied about this later. The Pitot Heat switch will not stay in the ON position. It seems to be set as a momentary switch such as the one used for the warning lights test, i.e. I can move it to ON and as soon as I release it the switch flips right back to AUTO. Has anyone else experienced this issue and fixed it somehow? Thanks!

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

On 11/2/2020 at 11:24 AM, Snacko said:

Started playing with Helios 1.6 and Capt Zeen's awesome profiles a few days ago and everything is working great. But today I noticed that the Emergency/Parking Brake handle will not 'Pull' out. I can only get it to rotate. But if I use the Brake Lever in the F/A-18c cockpit it pull out just fine in the DCS Cockpit and also in the Helios profile...

How do you 'Pull' the Brake lever out in the profile??

Thanks!

Hey Snacko, was asking some questions of my own in this topic and saw your post. To the right of the brake handle you'll see the text "PARK BRK TURN PULL" and just to the lower right of that there is a button. Press it, and the brake handle should pull out:-)

System Specs: