TAXI!

Captain Orso

A couple of questions about taxiing.

The Pocket Guide say, "Idle thrust is high and will result in excessive taxi speed unless the brakes are used or nozzles deflected".

What? :huh: I've never seen this. In fact I'm only seeing the opposite. With an aircraft with no weapons, only fuel tanks full, I release the parking brake and push the throttle up to at least 40% before I start to roll. Before actually starting to roll, I see the nose to go down a little and suddenly the aircraft jumps free, as if the Harrier has hill-holder brakes, which it must overcome. It's a very small jump, but one that can easily be seen if you watch the nose of the aircraft.

Once I'm rolling, if I throttle all the way back, my taxi speed will slow and eventually come to a standstill --even quicker if any turns are made. This is certainly not as described by "excessive taxi speed unless the brakes are used or nozzles deflected".

Anti-skid control... is there actually any reason to not have it set to NWS HI, other than maybe during VTOL?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Works as advertised for me IIRC. On idle it starts to roll though it takes a few seconds. Then I have to use brakes eventually as it picks up speed. This is on land btw.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ill double check. I had just landed with no stores and presumably low fuel. I might have had more than idle throttle too. Usually though i find that the brakes suck.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I have a feeling ED's ground friction is modeled too high. Almost every module I have is like this.

I don't think I've seen anything move on idle... not sure of the tanks though :smilewink: but all aircraft I have including helicopters.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Thanks guy. Well, at least I know it's not just me.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Try Water on/ off

Water off: Plane stops with throttle all the way back

Water on: it gain speed anyway and you have to brake…

I use it to taxi all the time (HOTAS-Button bind for Water on/off)

Move along.....nothing to see here