Eurpean thatre : Normandy Approrpiate Bf109?

Kev2go

An accurate WW2 era night fighter would be perfect as a DCS module. I can't think off any successful attempt to simulate WW2 nocturnal combat, radars and other sensors before. So many aspects that would be genuinely new for WW2 flight sims.

Oooh, I like that idea.

Hopefully the Mossie will get that capability.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

bf110 is kinda meh for me during battle of britan bf110s took heavy loses they were slow not agile so even hurricanes had no trouble shooting them so bf110 were retracted fromn service during that time

later bf110 become great night fighters shooting down bombers but this is another story

sure a night fighter variant would be cool. just having some kind of equivalent for the mossie is what i would prefer over a Ta-152... dont matter much to me if it wasnt that profficient in the war. having an axis multirole aircraft would be pretty cool for mission design in generall. the lack of bombers is a problem too in my opinion.

I am all for new ww2 aircraft... But another largely irrelevant and high performance luftwaffe aircraft :doh:

There are many more Normandy relevant aircraft that should be worked on before a THIRD 190 :huh:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Given that we're going to get the Mossie, an Me110 would be an interesting addition.

Sure, might have been outclassed as a fighter, but made a good night fighter.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

and it would fill some void in todays sims

Definitely. All for it myself. Does the current DCS night environment lend itself to these ops is, however, another question. But then, things can and will be improved...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

love the 110, but maybe a Me-410 would be more appropriate. yet, i would instantly buy a 110 as well.

+1

Me-410 would make a lot more sense than the 110. The real problem with it would be that it was only serving with I and II KG26 using the A-1 and B-1 from mid 43 to mid 44 with none of them operating from airfields on our map since they reduced the size of it, so even when we get the grass fields they will be off the map. These were used primarily in the night bombing role and would be a nice opponent for the Mosquito if we got the Mk XIII instead. Maybe if it was packaged as an AI with a flyable Zerstörer version?

The only other unit to use the 410 over Normandy as far as I remember was I/ZG2, based in Belgium, off the map again. They were there for a few months (April to June 44?) until they were recalled to Germany for Defence of the Reich duties. This is bizarre since they were equipped with the B-6 which was a torpedo bomber...

Again a really interesting aircraft, played a real fringe role on our current map, would extend the time frame into 1943 contemporary with the Mk IX but not an appropriate adversary for it. Most importantly not a viable substitute for the current Bf-109K-4 as the OP was ruminating about.

An accurate WW2 era night fighter would be perfect as a DCS module. I can't think off any successful attempt to simulate WW2 nocturnal combat, radars and other sensors before. So many aspects that would be genuinely new for WW2 flight sims.

I would love to see night fighters, both red and blue. Mosquitos, Beaufighters, Ju-88’s and 110’s. Reds go after the night time raids on England. Blues go for Wellingtons and Blennies over France and the Low Countries. We would need some airborne radar, to make it feel real, though. Search lights everywhere, flak going off.

Even “wild sow” flights.

Bombers could spawn in over the Channel, so that people wouldn’t be flying around for hours, waiting for bombers to arrive.

IL2 1946 had something, but it never got to where it should be.

Go fot it.

Edited by TWC_SLAG

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

How about just fixing the bugs that have been reported for months and months rather than trying to take more money from us by developing modules that aren't finished.

How about fixing the bugs and developing new content? Or would you rather they stopped earning money altogether?

How would you like it if you were the owner of a company and you paid your workers for eight hours but they did only six hours work? Or your quality control head said your product was perfect and it fell apart in your hands?

That is what a lot of us feel when we buy something from ED or they add something and it doesn't work.

I'm not talking about performance issues which can vary greatly because of an individual's hardware. I'm talking about drop tanks that can't be used because they house no fuel, I'm talking about scenery removal that only works for the host and not multiplayer. I'm talking about the multitude of other issues that have been reported and nothing has been done about it while they continue to develop other modules and maps without fixing what they have sold us already.

It gets frustrating to continue to read about all the others that have discovered issues and reported them for which ED just seems to ignore.

Fixing bugs is of course important and maybe ED has been a bit tardy on that front, but they can't just stop earning money because monthly expenses such as salaries run all the time. So halting development in order to concentrate 100% on maintenance just ain't gonna happen, regardless of how much people huff and puff. Sad but true!

How would you like it if you were the owner of a company and you paid your workers for eight hours but they did only six hours work? Or your quality control head said your product was perfect and it fell apart in your hands?

That is what a lot of us feel when we buy something from ED or they add something and it doesn't work.

I'm not talking about performance issues which can vary greatly because of an individual's hardware. I'm talking about drop tanks that can't be used because they house no fuel, I'm talking about scenery removal that only works for the host and not multiplayer. I'm talking about the multitude of other issues that have been reported and nothing has been done about it while they continue to develop other modules and maps without fixing what they have sold us already.

It gets frustrating to continue to read about all the others that have discovered issues and reported them for which ED just seems to ignore.

i think this will get even worse the more modules are realeased...already now it sometimes takes several years just to acknowledge an bug, and we are not even speaking about actually fixing it.

i dont even want to imagine the timeframe it will take, once they have lets say twice as many modules. if they aint change something, this will be a serious problem...well it already is.

So we should continue to pay salaries for incomplete products? Like V-8's that have seven cylinders or 5lbs of potatoes but only get three. I'm not saying that the product has to be sold 100% complete or perfect but when any consumer follows your accepted reporting method of imperfections, the manufacturer should acknowledge the imperfection and then do their best to fix it. At least a reputable and honest manufacturer I would expect to do that rather than continually produce broken products to keep the dollars coming in.

Speaking for myself: I will not buy any more WW2 modules from ED until the DM is released, the promised AI planes are here and we have WW2 radio (that's currently a big immersion killer in the "Big Show" campaign for me).

Even then I will take a hard look at the remainung bugs in the 190, 109 and Spit before opening the wallet again - and that is not because I don't want to fund them, but I feel it's the wrong way. Every new module needs to be maintained, just as the old ones. The more modules, the more workload (without revenue).

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Fix the bug and i wont buy anything anymore rant is so boring...

There is no perfect software, i like dcs for what it is. Everything could be better in this world. We are all humans and there are limits, i think there doing their very best. Show some respect for the great stuff they made so far and u guys well get respected too.