NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

You should be able to click on the right cockpit side Anti-collision to Off.

Does that switch works for you? For me the beacon remains on independently of the switch. The nav (green, red, white) switches work though. The throttle switch also kills the strobe, but I would like to only turn off the strobe because of the reflex in the cockpit.

Source? Because, why would they forbid it for an aircraft that had it's first flight 1954 (!!!) and isn't even in service anymore (A-4E)?

All I can say about this is that there's been a well known dev team of a WW2 sim who ran into serious licensing issues with Northrop Grumman, resulting in the total lack of practically all their vital assets in the sim, especially the most wanted Avenger. That's all older stuff than the Skyhawk. So apparently, the age doesn't matter rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

All I can say about this is that there's been a well known dev team of a WW2 sim who ran into serious licensing issues with Northrop Grumman, resulting in the total lack of practically all their vital assets in the sim, especially the most wanted Avenger. That's all older stuff than the Skyhawk. So apparently, the age doesn't matter rainbowdashwink.png

because corporations want profit no matter what... they own a license and will enforce it. yeah it makes no sense at all, but since they get government grants, they don´t care about being nice, or logical or give a crap...

I wish we could flood them with hate mail LOL

Any news about the A/G tutorials ?

Also if there is any good RDR tutorial.

For the RDR as far as i know its only a terrain rader.

As i miss something?

About the A/G weapons :

I know all the switchs and selectors but dont know the right way to deploy them on the targets.

For example:

How do i know whan or where the SAM site location to fire the AGM-45 ?

For now i only fly high and wait for the first missile shot at me.

That’s the way i know the place of this SAM site and fire my missile to this direction in 3 nm from the target.

No lock tones of the missile no nothing.

Edited by assafm25

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

so everytime you bring out an update, do we have to install it or does it do it automatically

Install it again every new version.

I work with Gsjme so i just update the Main mod folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Any news about the A/G tutorials ?

Also if there is any good RDR tutorial.

For the RDR as far as i know its only a terrain rader.

As i miss something?

About the A/G weapons :

I know all the switchs and selectors but dont know the right way to deploy them on the targets.

For example:

How do i know whan or where the SAM site location to fire the AGM-45 ?

For now i only fly high and wait for the first missile shot at me.

That’s the way i know the place of this SAM site and fire my missile to this direction in 3 nm from the target.

No lock tones of the missile no nothing.

Radar is pretty simple in the Skyhawk and operates in 3 1/2 modes. Gos did a series of videos on before he died.

The 3 modes are Search, Terrain Avoidance and Air To Ground Ranging.

Search produces a 5 degree thick cone that looks out 30 degrees in front of you. The hash marks from center to outside on the screen represent 6 degrees, 18 degrees and 30 degrees, with you having to figure out the distortion yourself (It's a cone looking plotted on a square plot). It's good for finding coast lines and large terrain features, though I haven't had any luck finding ships with it. The Long/Short switch will swap between 40 miles and 20 miles.

Terrain Avoidance is where the 3 1/2 modes comes in. When in normal mode, using the detail dial on the display will narrow the search cone to 1 degree thick, which will allow you to scan for things only directly in front of you, letting you move through mountains and canyons with some practice. The Long/Short switch will look between 10 and 20 miles.

The 1/2 part comes from the Plan switch. If you turn that on the radar changes from a top down view to a sideways view, with your plane represented by the plane figure on the left. The line indicates a 1000ft altitude line and has the distortion already accounted for by how it drops to the bottom of the plot. In this mode the OBST light and alarm will sound if your flight path puts you closer than 1000ft altitude over the terrain in front of you. If you keep the radar figures below the line, you're safe. The Long/Short switch swaps between I believe 2 and 4 miles. Radar angle knob doesn't function in this mode.

A/G is the final mode, and it's a slant range calculator with each line going vertically on the plot representing 4000 yards. You need to be at a dive angle of at least 15 degrees for it to function, you can't use the radar angle knob and there is no Long/Short option. Use it for accurate employment of rockets and shallow angle dive bombing.

Radar is pretty simple in the Skyhawk and operates in 3 1/2 modes. Gos did a series of videos on before he died.

The 3 modes are Search, Terrain Avoidance and Air To Ground Ranging.

Search produces a 5 degree thick cone that looks out 30 degrees in front of you. The hash marks from center to outside on the screen represent 6 degrees, 18 degrees and 30 degrees, with you having to figure out the distortion yourself (It's a cone looking plotted on a square plot). It's good for finding coast lines and large terrain features, though I haven't had any luck finding ships with it. The Long/Short switch will swap between 40 miles and 20 miles.

Terrain Avoidance is where the 3 1/2 modes comes in. When in normal mode, using the detail dial on the display will narrow the search cone to 1 degree thick, which will allow you to scan for things only directly in front of you, letting you move through mountains and canyons with some practice. The Long/Short switch will look between 10 and 20 miles.

The 1/2 part comes from the Plan switch. If you turn that on the radar changes from a top down view to a sideways view, with your plane represented by the plane figure on the left. The line indicates a 1000ft altitude line and has the distortion already accounted for by how it drops to the bottom of the plot. In this mode the OBST light and alarm will sound if your flight path puts you closer than 1000ft altitude over the terrain in front of you. If you keep the radar figures below the line, you're safe. The Long/Short switch swaps between I believe 2 and 4 miles. Radar angle knob doesn't function in this mode.

A/G is the final mode, and it's a slant range calculator with each line going vertically on the plot representing 4000 yards. You need to be at a dive angle of at least 15 degrees for it to function, you can't use the radar angle knob and there is no Long/Short option. Use it for accurate employment of rockets and shallow angle dive bombing.

Thank u very much .

U make all the Radar question clear for me .

can u shear the video links ?

Any info about bomb / cluster bomb deploy ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

I have got a "band aid" for no damage mod! (Thanks to 65th Dancer's suggestion). Use the "triggers" to set "explode unit" if hit! Tested in in MP and it works :)

Hey Oldpop, can you give us a bit more info? How do you setup the trigger to allow plane damage when hit.

Cheers

I have got a "band aid" for no damage mod! (Thanks to 65th Dancer's suggestion). Use the "triggers" to set "explode unit" if hit! Tested in in MP and it works :)

Can this be limited only to Missiles as the A-4 is damaged by cannon fire.

Hi

I've downloaded le 1.11 version and it crashes my DCS after some minutes.

I can start, taxying and take-off but after some minutes I have a DCS crash.

(I don't crash with other planes)

I've tried to read the log but this isn't very explicit.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Hi

I've downloaded le 1.11 version and it crashes my DCS after some minutes.

I can start, taxying and take-off but after some minutes I have a DCS crash.

(I don't crash with other planes)

I've tried to read the log but this isn't very explicit.

Could you still post the log here if possible!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Thank you SkateZilla for pinning this mod! The A-4E and MB-339 are quite outstanding in their quality. :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Hey all, just want to give you a quick update. Version 1.02 will be available next Saturday or earlier. The RWR won't be included but will be worked on going forward, however, all of the other changes I mentioned will be available. If you've sent me PM's, I apologize for taking awhile to respond. It's a very, very busy time of year for me IRL and I haven't had much time. Thanks for your patience, I appreciate it!

P.S. Thanks Skate for making this post stickied!

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine