Skullz Genuine Huey Sound Mod

sSkullZnBoneZz

Apologies for sounding a bit thick.

I don't use JSGME. I just normally put my mods directly into the Saved game folder.

Where should this go?

i have same question. can you just copy the folders straight to the <username>/saved games/DCS directory?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

As far as I can tell from the JSGME/OVGME folder structure it goes into Mods and Sounds then into various subfolders after that

I suppose you could try making a Sounds folder in Saved Games and then copying the appropriate sub folders there and into Mods.

I'd be reluctant to do this myself as at best I don't think it will work and at worst screw DCS up entirely then you would need to do a repair.

If you download it you can see where the files go by simply looking at the file structures

Downloading and running either JSGME or OVGME is not particularly difficult or heavy on disc space.

OVGME in particular is quite easy to install and use

I would recommend using OVGME but you should be be able to drop them into the appropriate folders. However, after each update or repair you will have to do this again; that’s why I recommend OVGME.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Outstanding mod. It stays with me. Thank you @sSkullZnBoneZz

I just installed it on latest beta and here are my remarks:

1. If you put the mod to "Saved Games" folder only SOME of the sounds are changed. For example the siren stays original. Once I moved it to "Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS openbeta..." I have full sound.

I noticed that starting sound (whining) is not so loud. I use Oculus headphones.

Second thing I find very attractive is the difference in volume with side doors open vs closed. This is awesome :)

My 2 cents for OvGME.

In Win 10 in order to copy to "Program files" folder you need administrator privileges, so if you don't run OvGME (I personally don't use it but I tried) as administrator, the files are not copied. Administrator privileges are not required when copying to Saved Games folder. Maybe it helps.

Any update will retrieve original files.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

Outstanding mod. It stays with me. Thank you @sSkullZnBoneZz

I just installed it on latest beta and here are my remarks:

1. If you put the mod to "Saved Games" folder only SOME of the sounds are changed. For example the siren stays original. Once I moved it to "Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS openbeta..." I have full sound.

I noticed that starting sound (whining) is not so loud. I use Oculus headphones.

Second thing I find very attractive is the difference in volume with side doors open vs closed. This is awesome :)

My 2 cents for OvGME.

In Win 10 in order to copy to "Program files" folder you need administrator privileges, so if you don't run OvGME (I personally don't use it but I tried) as administrator, the files are not copied. Administrator privileges are not required when copying to Saved Games folder. Maybe it helps.

Any update will retrieve original files.

Thanks for the compliment. I have always used OVGME and never had any issues. If you do use it you have to turn off the mod before any updates and afterward you can turn it back on.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hey Skullz I just wanna clarify...a putting this in Saved Games now instead of direct into the game files?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 4 weeks later...
Awesome sounds! Had to do a manual installing of the different files though - but worth the few minutes work!

Glad you like them! What files did you have to install manually? The mod should be OVGME ready.

Glad you like them! What files did you have to install manually? The mod should be OVGME ready.

Yeah...if I could only find any usable XXgme :music_whistling:

This being the only mod I use that need such, and it not really being that many files, I just decided to try it manually.

What was the most important thing to me was the engine/rotors sounds. First time I heard the door gunners, I thought it was radio static :D

'Paws

• 1 month later...

Simply the best..... You'da man Skullz thumbup.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Got it installed (link does not work for me, but managed to find it on my hard drive from a while back) and has made a huge difference in audio fidelity. Good work Skullz. Installed via JSGME.

Can I confirm that if I install any add ons or updates then I must disable the mod first, then reenable after?

Any MODS activated by JGSME will be deactivated when you update via DCS,so yes these mods will require you to activated them again once you have updated.

Do this by deactivating from JGSME then activating them again.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 9 months later...

I just recently updated to openbeta 2.5.5.40647 and after applying the mod the starting sounds disappeared. Only when rotor is at full speed I have modded sounds of rotor and guns.

Does anybody else encountered this problem?

Edited by kristod76

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@sSkullZnBoneZz

Hi,

I have the UH-1H Skullz's Genuine Huey Sound Mod 3.0 (and 2.5) and like it a lot! Big thank You!

Unfortunately, now with 2.5.6 the entire Sounds folder is gone and I don't know if this MOD will still work. I don't have time to test it right now, but I doubt it will work due to how they seams to have changed the way they handle sounds now.

Pretty early to ask I know, I'm sorry, but do you have any thoughts about updating the MOD to the new way? There is some new file 'example.sdef' in 'Doc\Sounds' that implies it would be possible to still develop sound MODs.

Thanks again!

EDIT:

Might be easier than expected, according to THIS

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

@sSkullZnBoneZz

Hi,

I have the UH-1H Skullz's Genuine Huey Sound Mod 3.0 (and 2.5) and like it a lot! Big thank You!

Unfortunately, now with 2.5.6 the entire Sounds folder is gone and I don't know if this MOD will still work. I don't have time to test it right now, but I doubt it will work due to how they seams to have changed the way they handle sounds now.

Pretty early to ask I know, I'm sorry, but do you have any thoughts about updating the MOD to the new way? There is some new file 'example.sdef' in 'Doc\Sounds' that implies it would be possible to still develop sound MODs.

Thanks again!

I literally managed to run it 5 minutes ago.

There are 2 folders inside mod.

1. MODS

2. SOUNDS

1. MODS - copy to main directory like before C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods

2. SOUNDS - copy to your user folder like: C:\Users\<yourName>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Sounds

This one was just created. It was not existing.