3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Before I answer your questions I need to ask you is it possible to use your mod with shader mod (mod that increase performance in VR) because I use it. Maybe this is my problem?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

It is likely that the shader mod will cause problem, because, as it modify shaders, they are not anymore in the "vanilla beta version" that I used as input for the mod building. At first I made the mod compatible with Kegetys mod (the shader mod is based on his work) but that's doubling the work, so I do not anymore support it.

But I have in my plan to use some of kegetys trick in my mod to improve fps, I need to test to see if gain will be significant.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

"Significant" sound nice ;) ! Ok so in a free time I'll try tu use your mod on vanilla DCS and let you know. Thx for your support.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Ok, I can say that this mod is not compatible with Kegetys mod. After I use vanilla shaders everything works as in readmi file. For now if we talk about Pimax I need much more performance room than zoom so I stay with Kegetys, but good job with this lefuneste01. Someday when Nvidia create 4080ti I will switch to this mod ;) or I have to wait for your performance mod.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Ok, I can say that this mod is not compatible with Kegetys mod. After I use vanilla shaders everything works as in readmi file. For now if we talk about Pimax I need much more performance room than zoom so I stay with Kegetys, but good job with this lefuneste01. Someday when Nvidia create 4080ti I will switch to this mod ;) or I have to wait for your performance mod.

Unfortunately, my first tests shown no fps gain when filtering a very big pixel shader for the visible area. I though that it was part of shader mod fps gain...

Anyway, as you are Pimax user, my mod allow you to have vanilla zoom without PP. Removing PP in Pitool should give you a nice fps boost.

But there are other way than the shader mod for Pimax users.

I have now 62 fps on ground in Harrier mission "ready on the ramp", flat shadow for cockpit and ground, no AA, no cockpit illum, Pitool at 1,75, low FoV.

I solved the dark ground area problem and may be able to make label masking working without fps loss and declaration of plane PS.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I will have an eye for your mod, but for now I'll stay with shader mod with better performance. I bought Pimax for great FoV so I like 150 or 170 deg and don't want get lower. Shadows are also an important factor if we talk about immersion. Zoom is not so necessary because with PD 2.0 and SS in Steam 20% everything is quite clear to me. With this settings unchecking PP is not enough to have 32 FPS wit smoothing in all scenarios.

If I want to use med zoom on with my JOY_BTN4, how do I do it?

You cant. 3Dmigoto lib is handling only keyboard or xbox controler. But most joystick have a software suite that allow to map a key to a button.

Ah, thanks.

Does this mod work with: Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental)?

The current version is not compatible. I may spend time to make the next version compatible.

Some news of the "in progress" version:

The dynamic ground light (checked with spot) are working with zoom, but not the cockpit Shadow/Lightning. I give out for this time, regarding this last feature. Anyway, f you use "flat shadow" for cockpit this is useless.

Label masking has been reworked and did not need anymore to modify plane PS : it will work with all planes and did not consume any fps.

An interactive scaling of NVG (that allow you to see below NVG in VR as in 2D) is finished.

Remains:

• setup of a night mode of cursor and kneepad (as I made for IL2) => done
  • try to introduce performance tweak based on non processing hidden area (as Kegetys made, but less efficient than his solution ) => done, but only few fps gain
  • compatiblity with last DCS version => to be check with last DCS 2.5.5.34108 version
  • compatibility with Kegetys shader mod => ongoing
  • capacity to "stack" vanilla zoom and modded zoom => done

Next version should be online in "two weeks"

EDIT : status updated

Edited by lefuneste01

First of all - many thanks for the mod!!!

I have tested it in DCS for the first time yesterday with no issues and yes, it really helps in VR :-)

I had to map the keys to xbox in DCS as my trick from in IL-2 didn´t work (i.e. mapping joystick buttons to keyboard´s Ins, Home, PgUp via XPADDER)

XPADDER registers key press from joystick but forwards it to DCS only when the xpadder is in the foreground; in such case other devices - keyboard, stick, throttle don´t work.

That´s pitty, as this workaround runs flawlessly in IL-2; but nevermind, I am fine with xbox

EDIT 25.7. : regarding to XPADDER; I had the old version; after upgrade to the latest one works flawlessly

Well, any plans to implement "check six" in VR?

Edited by wju

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

Well, any plans to implement "check six" in VR?

Theorically it should be easy because I used mostly in DCS the same process that I used for IL2BoS. But I do not now if there will be clipping problems, or if the game engine is only displaying the current FoV and so there is no margin in displaying hidden area....I'll have a look in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

New version 2.5 of the mod is available, see first post.

What's new ?

• Some glitches fixes, dynamic illumination seems OK except for cockpit.
  • NVG scaling (so it is possible to look below them)
  • Label masking should work for all planes
  • Normal and modded zoom can be stacked (but the convergence must be set for each combination)
  • Kegetys limited support : only for a specific setting described in 1st post. Unfortunately I found the fps gain quite low, I'm not sure I will support it at mid term, it double the work.
  • Night mode for cursor and kneepad

The mod is no more compatible with "cockpit illumination" on, it double the work also...

Edited by lefuneste01

@lefuneste01, the masking is still not working for me. Is it supposed to work with the current version?t

It should be OK with the last version, if you do not use "cockpit illumination" or Kegetys settings not compatible with the mod.

Since the Rift S does not show up in the NVIDIA control panel as an attached display, have you explored ways to modify the colors displayed. The colors Intensity and hues. As i understand it, this option would have to be provided by the DCS application since Oculus and Nvidia agreed to not have this ability in the Nvidia control panel. Providing a way to modify image qualities as a stand alone mod. Thank you for any info you can provide.

Edited by kefor

Since the Rift S does not show up in the NVIDIA control panel as an attached display, have you explored ways to modify the colors displayed. The colors Intensity and hues. As i understand it, this option would have to be provided by the DCS application since Oculus and Nvidia agreed to not have this ability in the Nvidia control panel. Providing a way to modify image qualities as a stand alone mod. Thank you for any info you can provide.

I can provide the same way to modify saturation than I did in Il2 BoS...

Dear Lefuneste,

I love your work, first on IL-2 and now DCS. I can't fly DCS or IL-2 on VR without your mod.

I want to ask you about "cockpit illumination". I know 3Dmigoto its not compatible but on the few aircraft I fly, I only detected the A-10C TGP screen flashes, but Maverick works fine, but nothing else, but what is exactly cockpit illumination option?. I don't see difference between enabling it or not except the mentioned above. Maybe its only noticeable on 2D only?

If it really makes a difference in image quality or cockpit realism on VR, could be very hard for you to make 3Dmigoto compatible in future versions?

Thanks in advance.

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

Dear Lefuneste,

I want to ask you about "cockpit illumination". I know 3Dmigoto its not compatible but on the few aircraft I fly, I only detected the A-10C TGP screen flashes, but Maverick works fine, but nothing else, but what is exactly cockpit illumination option?. I don't see difference between enabling it or not except the mentioned above. Maybe its only noticeable on 2D only?

If it really makes a difference in image quality or cockpit realism on VR, could be very hard for you to make 3Dmigoto compatible in future versions?

Thanks in advance.

You can see the option in the joined picture.

I have a look in internet, it looks more cosmetic than usefull...

This option creates problem for the mod because it change some shaders that must be fixed.

I have to made fix for these shaders 6 time : one for each MSAA option (3 time) multiplied by 2 (with or without kegetys). Taking this option into account implies to add 6 more time...so I gave up.

If you use this option you may have glitches when zooming (light, haze,...) and label masking will not work.

Capture.thumb.JPG.aa350c01b972c155138fc1de86390316.JPG

Could just give me any hint. as i am using Pimax 5k+ with normal FOV. Using your mod, parallel projection turned off, my two pictures are not congruent. i can change whatever i want, with end or page down, nothing improves the situation.