Realsimulator F-16 Throttle

Supmua

Over the years haver spent a small fortune with Realsimulator, I have pre ordered the F16 Custom Edition Grip for Christmas gift. I would definitely be interested in a single engine jet throttle to add to the collection of dual engine (wining) and single engine propeller (kanttorin on order which should also cover 1st generation jets). The quality and functionality of the products is outstanding, however the cost should not exceed the F16 Custom Edition at 650 Euros not including VAT.

My final word are words of caution though, be careful it can be very addictive...

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

I'm definitely theoretically interested, though it very much depends on exactly how expensive it ends up being.

I know a quality F-16 throttle won't be cheap, but something like $1500 would be way too much for me to justify for DCS. Something like $500 or so might be an easier pill to swallow.

FWIW, one of the guys on my engineering team is fairly confident we should be able to start making a "decent enough" replica of this throttle some time late next year or early in 2022 (because we're prioritizing other projects at the moment), and we're expecting it to be in the range of $250 to $350 (what he said it's likely to be).

Of course we know that TM is eventually going to start making these again (because it would be crazy not to), but we're expecting to need them for our own use before the TM ones come back to the market. If enough of you guys wanted to buy it, we might push it up in priority and get started sooner.

Note that I don't know if it would be as good in looks as the TM ones are likely to be, but it will be "industrial strength" so it will be able to stand up to a lot of punishment and it will have all the functionality.

How many is enough people interested? I think if we had 75 to 100 people asking for it, it would be enough to allow this project to get accelerated (oh, definitely did not mean to make an acceleration pun when talking about throttles, but let's just roll with it).

Also interested and price is acceptable. My question is how the idle and AB detents will be addressed: Click through like the Cougar, or more realistic requiring rotating the throttle grip (my preference)?

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I'd love one of these F-16 throttles in 2022. But I'd love one in 2021 even more. And $250-350: totally fine with that. Especially if it is coming from the EU.

Well can you set up a poll? Lets get a count going.

Thank you. Actually it is being made in Thailand, but that's part of why it's a bit less expensive, because we have lower overheads for some things (but electronics still quite costly).

I will try to add the poll thing but I have never done something like that before.

Ahh, I think it is pretty easy.

1. Click on "new thread"

2. Write the title, message and click the box at the bottom "Post a Poll; yes, post a poll with this thread"

3. Options: Enter "2" presumably and take it from there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also interested and price is acceptable. My question is how the idle and AB detents will be addressed: Click through like the Cougar, or more realistic requiring rotating the throttle grip (my preference)?

I'm not really sure because it is just something I talked about with the engineer a few weeks ago and it wasn't our main topic of conversation at the time, just something that we really want to get done. I will ask at the next opportunity and report back.

For now I imagine it will be that you have to push it sideways a bit through a track, I will try to draw...

||
             ||
             ||
             ||
             ||
             ||
           ||

Easier and better than lift and pull, I think. This won't affect the function of it, but makes it so you have to consciously decide to go AB. Actually a bit difficult to do it, but I believe that will be better.

Please coumt me as a loyal customer that would purchase the throttle. I understand globalisation to drive down the cost to the consumer, but has COVID not given us a look at the downside of globalisation. I am in the UK (EU?) and would prefer an EU manufactured product even if this has a premium

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

FYI, Realsimulator is currently working on the F-16 throttle (confirmed via email by their CEO). So that is another option in the future for those who are interested. No release date given.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Realsimulator F-16 Throttle

Been looking forward to that one, and I know from experience that their gear is top-notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Been looking forward to that one, and I know from experience that their gear is top-notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I originally asked about F-16 panels but he said they’re actively focusing on one thing which is the throttle, everything else comes later.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I asked months ago in their forum with a Please !!! Totally interested.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

The throttle will be out soon but with the F-35 throttle grip.  You may have to wait a bit longer for the F-16 replica, as the next release will likely be the F-35 joystick grip.

• 3 weeks later...

Since It was already posted in their own forum, I would like to show you what is coming.

F35_F16_Grip_version.jpg

Edited by Supmua
  • Thanks 1

Will be a day one purchase for me.  😎

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Good Lord.

I have the FSSB R3L, the F16SGRH CE, the F18CGRH, and the TUSBA R2.  I LOVE RealSimulator's products, and haven't been shy about supporting them in the past, or throwing down money to do it.

Shipping being added brings the price to $2051.34.  I think this might be a bridge too far, even for me.  

It doesn't help that I just got my new 2021 Ford Bronco on Friday, and will have to be able to afford add-ons (and GAS) for it.

Maybe when tax returns come around, but I can't do this right now with a good conscience.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

I was hoping for around 1,000-1,099 Euros for the set, but knew it wouldn’t be below 999.

Yep premature, probably a placeholder page, as the device is still being user tested. I know this because I just shipped the test unit to another tester a week ago.