Syria beacon mod

As a follow-up to my old Persian Gulf beacon mod, I have started working on a similar mod for the Syria map.

The planned features (so far) are:

• ICLS beacons for all runways that currently have ILS
  • TACANs colocated witht the GP beacons, giving distance to the touchdown point. The TACAN channel will be paired with the LOC freq.
  • All VOR-DME beacons will be converted to VORTAC.

Are there any known ILS sites that are missing from the map?

I'm open to user requests, so if there's something you would like added I'll look into it when the points mentioned above are finished.

Here's a quick preview, with an ICLS approach to Beirut RWY 16:

attachment.php?attachmentid=248264&stc=1&d=1601019030

Download here: https://github.com/adler357/DCS-Syria

IBB-ICLS.thumb.png.6c6df7159b8e1271e4c24c81e941aede.png

Edited by drPhibes
added DL url
  • Like 1

Thank you in advance! eager to try.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Good idea !

Is it a lot of work ?

I'd love to see this in the Caucasus, too...

Edited by davidp57

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Thank you! :)

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Good idea !

Is it a lot of work ?

I'd love to see this in the Caucasus, too...

If there is ILS at a site it's easy to add ICLS, since the coordinates of the beacons are already given in beacons.lua. Once the coordinates are known, all you need to do is to define a channel and frequency. Actually, I haven't checked if both a channel and frequency is necessary. The reason why I'm not sure of this is that the function for calculating calculating channel frequencies in DCS is 15415000000 + 30000000 * ((channel - 1) % 10), which wraps around after channel 10 (given by the modulo operator), giving the same frequency for channel 1 and 11, 2 and 12 etc.

Adding a cmpletely new beacon requires more work, as described here. The process is the same for all landing aids (ILS, PRMG, ICLS): https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4490548&postcount=46

TonyG has made a similar mod for the Caucasus map: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227653

Cool, thanks a lot for all the info !

Take care !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !