3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Found what did that. Mustang's shader mod has got a Tonemap.fx in it since v 1.04 and removing it does the trick. That's why I didn't encounter problems with it before. Same probably goes for Kegetys mod... might also work without that file, but in that case it contains most of the performance improvements I guess.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the label masking stopped working, at least with the A-10C II, when that got released... is this something that needs work for each module by chance? Have yet to check with other modules though. Only other graphics mod is Mustang's shaders with Tonemap.fx removed in order to make this one work at all.

1793883431_Screenshot2020-10-1305-07-22.thumb.jpg.aba88b065d88d6efb611bc76445c9ee1.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Tried without the shader mod and clearing shader chaches to see if it was causing this (so 3dmigoto would be the only graphical mod), I can still see the labels through Jeff, A-10C2, F-16, F-18, F-14, Ka-50. Haven't bothered trying other assets...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Tried without the shader mod and clearing shader chaches to see if it was causing this (so 3dmigoto would be the only graphical mod), I can still see the labels through Jeff, A-10C2, F-16, F-18, F-14, Ka-50. Haven't bothered trying other assets...

Hello. Sorry, I did not see your previous post. I'll check.

Did you check your graphic settings ? Cockpit illumination must be off.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

New version 7.3 available in first post, for both stable and beta.

Only few changes for last beta: reflection on cockpit glasses/instruments for Ka50 and UH1 can be disabled again (they don't look well in VR). If you don't need this fixes, that not worth to upgrade.

@Eldur : all features, including label fixing, are working for me for the last beta. Are you sure that the mod is active ? Did you have something diplayed when you press LSHIFT+F7 ? Or did you enable label masking in mod menu ?

• Like 1

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Thanks for asking. I will try again with the new DCS version, and yes, I had the menus appear. I still have to see if Mustang's shader mod might cause problems even with the Tonemap.fx removed from it. I should also try to switch label masking off and on probably. And play around with the labels setting in DCS. IIRC I had it set to full for most of the time, but edited them to be dots only anyway shortly before ED implemented the dot only option that I switched over to a while ago. Maybe that's causing the issue.

And thanks for fixing the reflections there, it's really weird especially in the Ka-50.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Thanks for asking. I will try again with the new DCS version, and yes, I had the menus appear. I still have to see if Mustang's shader mod might cause problems even with the Tonemap.fx removed from it. I should also try to switch label masking off and on probably. And play around with the labels setting in DCS. IIRC I had it set to full for most of the time, but edited them to be dots only anyway shortly before ED implemented the dot only option that I switched over to a while ago. Maybe that's causing the issue.

And thanks for fixing the reflections there, it's really weird especially in the Ka-50.

Maybe you should try to do a repair...

I did that, no change though. But after quite some testing, I kinda found some "killers".

It clearly doesn't like something about Mustang's shader mod, but I ran 1.03 quite long without problems, so it's something that he added with the newer versions, but I jumped to 1.10 directly from that one. And it still works with the older one and that one still seems to fix the foggy haze for me. So I'll just use that one for the time being and ask him if he could do something about the issue.

I've been playing around with the labels themselves recently. When nothing else kills the masking, not having just a dot (as in period, the thing you end a sentence with) will break the masking. I tried some other ones like ° just to have a bigger do(nu)t or even just letters like v to point at things I struggle to see (Rift CV1 is very tough on visibility). All those don't get masked. Don't know about the default ones with range, type, name etc though.

BTW Global Cockpit illumination on/off = absolutely not affecting the label masking at all. Might kill some other features though, but I haven't noticed anything not working because of that, I just use the mod for masking the labels and getting rid of baked reflections.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I did that, no change though. But after quite some testing, I kinda found some "killers".

It clearly doesn't like something about Mustang's shader mod, but I ran 1.03 quite long without problems, so it's something that he added with the newer versions, but I jumped to 1.10 directly from that one. And it still works with the older one and that one still seems to fix the foggy haze for me. So I'll just use that one for the time being and ask him if he could do something about the issue.

I've been playing around with the labels themselves recently. When nothing else kills the masking, not having just a dot (as in period, the thing you end a sentence with) will break the masking. I tried some other ones like ° just to have a bigger do(nu)t or even just letters like v to point at things I struggle to see (Rift CV1 is very tough on visibility). All those don't get masked. Don't know about the default ones with range, type, name etc though.

BTW Global Cockpit illumination on/off = absolutely not affecting the label masking at all. Might kill some other features though, but I haven't noticed anything not working because of that, I just use the mod for masking the labels and getting rid of baked reflections.

I can confirm you full default labels (range + object name + pilot name) are correctly masked on my install.

It's possible cockpit global illumination is not killing anymore mod features, that was not the case when I handle zoom modification, but now there are less shaders modified.

Didn't you try the copy/paste of radio messages and sharpen features ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information, I'll have a look this week end.

All is working for me, except maybe that the radio message copy function is now copying kneepad if it is open. But maybe it was the case before...

All is working for me, except maybe that the radio message copy function is now copying kneepad if it is open. But maybe it was the case before...

--mhhh, so I take you did update and it's working?--

well color me surprised, I tried reinstalling it and it works. Go figure...

That looks like me messing with X-Plane 10 via RTH in the day. Yes, interesting, more tinkering yay!

Ok, I will add this option in next version.

I'm thinking of setting up an FXAA option also. Currently, all in game AA algorithms are increasing rendering resolution by a factor 2 or 4, that's why they kill fps in VR. But no AA or sharpen is creating jaggies. And FXAA in cockpit should make things blurry.

My idea is to have FXAA for outside and sharpen for cockpit.

Here we are again,

Updated to latest beta, seems not to be working anymore. The log shows the software reacting to keypresses (SHIFT+F7, SHIFT+F1 etc...) but I see nothing on the screen. I have deactivated cockpit global illum AND SSAO. The menu shows with the night vision goggles up, but not in normal mode.

The only thing I am using (I was using them before anyway) are the 2.5.6 VR Shaders from here (

) which were working nicely with your mod, before...

I had this happening once, before, then it worked for seemingly no reason. Should I rebuild shaders or any of those magic tricks?

Log attached.

Grateful if you could have a look and see if anything is wrong.

4nmjfx.jpg

d3d11_log.zip

Here we are again,

Updated to latest beta, seems not to be working anymore. The log shows the software reacting to keypresses (SHIFT+F7, SHIFT+F1 etc...) but I see nothing on the screen. I have deactivated cockpit global illum AND SSAO. The menu shows with the night vision goggles up, but not in normal mode.

The only thing I am using (I was using them before anyway) are the 2.5.6 VR Shaders from here (

) which were working nicely with your mod, before...

I'll have a look. Maybe they change global shader, as you have menu with NVG.