Armed houses and bunkers etc

PoorOldSpike

Okay I ran some tests and the results are-

Pic 1- None of the five American 'Fortification' class units in the screenshots fired at the T-55, the tank simply blew them away with his main gun and MG (that's his green tracer), so obviously the Forts don't contain AT missiles.

Pic 2- The forts DID fire at the BTR-80 with their small arms/MG's bless their little cotton socks (that's their red tracer) and cut him to shreds. He fired back a few times with his MG before they trashed him.

CA-T-55-BTR80.jpg

Pic 3 (below)- The Forts did fire at the Russki infantry.

Pic 4 (bottom)- I then turned the Forts 180 degrees to see if they'd fire at infantry behind them, they did but the Bunkers 1 and 2 could only fire when the infantry came into the oblique line of sight of their slits.

CA-INF.jpg

SUMMARY- Tanks will have Forts for breakfast because they don't have AT weapons.

Forts can kill APC's with their small arms/MG's.

And Forts can easily chew up infantry.

Note- sometimes 2 or 3 tracer streams came out of each Forts slits and windows, so there must have been more than 1 weapon in there, except for the small Watchtower which only produced one stream.

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Okay I ran some tests and the results are-

SUMMARY- Tanks will have Forts for breakfast because they don't have AT weapons.

Forts can kill APC's with their small arms/MG's.

And Forts can easily chew up infantry.

Note- sometimes 2 or more tracer streams came out of each Forts slits and windows, so there must have been more than 1 weapon in there, except for the small Watchtower which only produced one stream.

Exceptions aside, IRL you can't fire AT weapons from enclosed spaces because of back-blast.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Exceptions aside, IRL you can't fire AT weapons from enclosed spaces because of back-blast.

Yeah, I was looking to see if they'd have new-fangled "soft launch" AT's that could be fired from buildings..:)

PS- New question for everybody- I set 'Unlimited ammo' on the mission customisation screen below but my units still run out of ammo and the 'Depleted' message comes up, why is that?

DCS-CA-unlim.jpg

Yeah, I was looking to see if they'd have new-fangled "soft launch" AT's that could be fired from buildings..:)

PS- New question for everybody- I set 'Unlimited ammo' on the mission customisation screen below but my units still run out of ammo and the 'Depleted' message comes up, why is that?

DCS-CA-unlim.jpg

I believe that option is for players/clients. Groups have their own advanced options under the waypoint panel. You can add those options there

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I believe that option is for players/clients. Groups have their own advanced options under the waypoint panel. You can add those options there

Thanks, and i've also discovered that if we place a US 'Transport M818' truck near units that have depleted ther ammo, the truck will resupply them with ammo.

For example the Stinger Manpad replenishes in 4 minutes but other units might take much longer such as the Vulcan AA at 25 minutes!

PS- I mentioned earlier that i've played 5000 hours in Armed Assault III over the past few years, most of them in multiplayer, and for the record I'm liking Combined Arms just as much, if not more..:)

CA units have a much more realistic "feel" to them because you can sense their weight and inertia etc, whereas AA3 units seem more "lightweight" and insubstantial.

Even the CA terrain has a nice solid chunky feel to it.

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Nice that you are enjoying it, there is a lot of potential in CA and a lot more to be wished from it. Sometimes if feels a bit abandoned, but if you can get past the quirks, it is pretty good fun and allows for another level of strategic gameplay

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days