Please add fuel dump switch binding

FoxTwo

{    down = fuel_commands.DumpSw,                                                                    cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE,            value_down =  1.0,                        name = _('Fuel Dump Switch - ON'),                                    category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},
{    down = fuel_commands.DumpSw,                                                                    cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE,            value_down =  -1.0,                        name = _('Fuel Dump Switch - OFF'),                                    category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

Actually there are three I have to edit and re-bind at every update. I volunteer to provide the default.lua if ED could please, please, please add it to the branch:

D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\default.lua

Line 458:
{    down = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw,            up = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw,            cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE,        value_down =  1.0,    value_up = 0.0,    name = _('Launch Bar Control Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT'),                        category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{    down = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw,                                                     cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE,     value_down =  1.0,                     name = _('Launch Bar Control Switch - EXTEND'),                             category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{    down = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw,                                                     cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE,     value_down =  -1.0,                 name = _('Launch Bar Control Switch - RETRACT'),                             category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},

Line 462
{    down = cptlights_commands.HookBypass,        up = cptlights_commands.HookBypass,        cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_LIGTHS,            value_down =  1.0,    value_up = 0.0,    name = _('HOOK BYPASS Switch - FIELD/CARRIER'),                                category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{    down = cptlights_commands.HookBypass,                                                cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_LIGTHS,            value_down =  1.0,                    name = _('HOOK BYPASS Switch - FIELD'),                                category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{    down = cptlights_commands.HookBypass,                                                cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_LIGTHS,            value_down =  -1.0,                    name = _('HOOK BYPASS Switch - CARRIER'),                                category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},

Line 579:
{    down = fuel_commands.DumpSw,                up = fuel_commands.DumpSw,                cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE,        value_down =  1.0,    value_up = 0.0,    name = _('Fuel Dump Switch - ON/OFF'),                                category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},
{    down = fuel_commands.DumpSw,                                                         cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE,     value_down =  1.0,                     name = _('Fuel Dump Switch - ON'),                                     category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},
{    down = fuel_commands.DumpSw,                                                         cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE,     value_down =  -1.0,                 name = _('Fuel Dump Switch - OFF'),                                 category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

This and the APU

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Out of curiosity, what is the difference, or what would this achieve over the key bindings that are currently available for the launch bar, hook bypass, and fuel dump key bindings?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Out of curiosity, what is the difference, or what would this achieve over the key bindings that are currently available for the launch bar, hook bypass, and fuel dump key bindings?

Cheers,

Ziptie

It's just a difference in implementation. Speaking strictly for myself I use on-on switches (a single switch with two on positions) to map those functions, which requires two bindings. One for "Fuel dump on" and another for "Fuel dump off" as an example.

To use fuel dump with only the existing binding and my switch it would be like using a wall switch to turn on the lights when you enter a room, then you have turn the switch off and back on again to turn the lights off when you leave.

APU was mentioned, and just to shoot myself in the foot I use a momentary switch for that one. You push it up and and APU starts, but then it automatically returns to a neutral position. That way when the APU auto-stops I don't have a switch out of position. Because the mapping is on/off if I move the APU switch to the on position again it will turn off manually.

Since I don't use any kind of joystick software there's no way to programmatically perform the same task with my latched on-on switches, so I have to manually create the extra bindings and rebind the controls on every update.

On the grand scheme of horrible problems in the world it's not that highly rated, but asking DCS to add six lines of code to the default, which adds the functionality I need without changing the existing option seems semi-reasonable. I could easily be wrong about that, however.

Heck, make it 8 lines of code and we can make the APU on, off, or on/off as well.

Copy that. I have just settled for what works and try to find the “next best” solution if it doesn’t work as I had hoped. Coding and all that jazz is certainly well beyond my realm of expertise, but I can certainly see what you were after and how it could help. Maybe they’ll allow it to be modified, or make the modifications themselves. Either way, worth a shot and good post / info.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria