Cant see all MP servers in browser list

KEULE

thanks. i am on open beta already, and he is switching from release to open beta.

but the question remains. are all problems reported earlier in this thread history, or are other users also experiencing significant differences in servers listed?

My guess is that the majority of these reports of servers not being seen is due to the Release vs Open Beta versions and people not understanding the difference. For instance, Steam users only get the release version, BUT they can go into the properties of the game and choose an option that updates them to the Beta version (do not have it, but I believe it is even called something else).

When they are both on compatible versions, everyone will see "all" of the servers, but when Beta gets updated to a new revision, it may or may not be compatible. When it is not, those servers will disappear from the Release mp list.

Right now, the majority of servers run on Open Beta because of early release aircraft and that the fixes (hopefully good ones) appear there first. The thing to remember though is that it IS beta and meant for TESTING. Sometimes things get broken. When they do, it needs to get reported as a bug instead of complained about so it can get fixed.

There are times though when there is an issue with the ED master server and there is a reset. When that happens, a server may not be seen until it resets to see the master server new again. Those running the server may not know this is required and to them it looks like their server is running, though most likely, empty because no one sees it. (though if there are people already on the server when this happens, they will still be in the server just fine, confusing the issue even more)

For now though, it looks like it is a release vs open beta version issue. Verify version numbers and all should be good again.

The problem persists. In my case, only when I reset my router I can see the full server list (perfectly replicable, 100% of times), it's like the list hammers the router or something. This has been for more than a year now, this has been reported over and over by many people.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

There are 4 usual Hungarian servers running.

Most of the time these low ping servers not listed in the server list.

Usually approx 140 servers listed for me.

Last time our main community server listed only to the 5th refresh, the server runtime more than 3 hours! These server has fix IP and in the favorites!!

Something not going right.

+Problem appears to many community members.

Edited by discwalker

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently experiencing this issue.

it was working until i assigned myself a static ip to open the MP port, 10308

i could host, but now cant see most of the servers

Reset myself back to dynamic IP and removed the forwarded port rule, but its still broken. :(

ISP is Rogers (Canada)

This is a pain in the arse, I can refresh the server list 5 times and get 5 completely different lists of servers. Is it a DCS or client side issue?

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

I have this issue for months.

I usually join two or three then same servers.

When I run DCS, sometimes I see these servers or I don't. Servers are up and running for sure because most of my friends see them and can join them without troubles.

Situation changes randomly. Sometimes after few server list refreshes or dcs restarts server shows up and I can join.

Sometimes I just can't see it nor I can join it via IP (Server offline message).

Sometimes I see server, can join and if I leave it and try to join again - it disappears from list.

Same behaviors were reported by few of my buddies.

Are there any chances that ED will acknowledge this issue and plan for fixing it?

It's highly annoying when we do preflight briefings, then run DCS and one or two pilots just can't join our server or can luckily join after 20 minutes. It ruins the whole thing:mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--

"The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good shit.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Need support

I run out of options, please support us ED!

-I eliminated one active network device, now only use the ISPs (UPC-Hungary) cable modem and router in one device

-I turned off antivirus

-I turned off windows firewall

-I turned off router firewalls (IPv4nat, ipv6nat...)

At any settings I see only 36% of the servers. Every refresh an other 36 percent. And now stable and openbeta is the same!

I tired of the connect by IP feature, but love it.

Usually I see 1 or none of the 5 24/7 Hungarian servers (search for "HUNAF") which is running in 2 physical hosts.

same problem here, please do something!

i refresh, every time some new servers, some disappear !

(and can't find mine own server, and its up for sure...i can succesfully connect by IP)

I learned today if you are hosting a server and trying to connect with another machine on the same LAN, you need a "Loopback" or "Reverse NAT" router to show your game in the list(your public ip) on most routers, you will only see your LAN ip ie: 192.168.1.xxx. Others will see your server if everything is configured correctly but you will not. You have to connect with your LAN IP,

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

• ED Team
I learned today if you are hosting a server and trying to connect with another machine on the same LAN, you need a "Loopback" or "Reverse NAT" router to show your game in the list(your public ip) on most routers, you will only see your LAN ip ie: 192.168.1.xxx. Others will see your server if everything is configured correctly but you will not. You have to connect with your LAN IP,

Happy Simming,

Monnie

it depends on a router.

try adding a line to Config/autoexec.cfg:

net.force_ipv4_lan = true

it will help you to see your LAN server, given it uses the default port.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

it depends on a router.

C0ff,

Thank you Sir. You always come through with the best information !!!

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

• 1 month later...

I see a hope to a fix. I started a website support ticket.

How many users affected in percentage?

If you affected and you have information from your community please share it.

Hungaryian partial resoults: 9 people using sometimes/most times connect by IP, with 4 different ISPs, different OSes, 104 in this survey = 8.6 percentage

Edited by discwalker

• 4 weeks later...
it depends on a router.

C0FF,

This was working great until I updated both my server(running the dedicated server install) and my client machine to 2.5.5.31917.

Now I can not see my server in the multiplayer list again.

Any advice?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Did anyone get a fix for this, I have this issue of not seeing servers, I have a few but not the ones I want, i.e. I know throughtheinferno is running can see friends on but it does not appear in my list and when popping in th eip in the past it just says SErver is offline.

I've lived with this for so long I can't remember when it started. Some servers show, some dont, refresh a few times, different servers show up, come out of the server list, back to main menu and go in again, new servers show up, some others disappear.

I stopped trying to fix that, because it doesn't matter what the server list shows you, so I just go to the eagle Dynamics web page and server list and copy the IP from the full list and do direct connect.

Luckily if you keep going back to the same servers, the IP is saved as the last one.

Connecting, never an issue. Server browser list....not good, nothing like the full list on ED's web page.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I've lived with this for so long I can't remember when it started. Some servers show, some dont, refresh a few times, different servers show up, come out of the server list, back to main menu and go in again, new servers show up, some others disappear.

I stopped trying to fix that, because it doesn't matter what the server list shows you, so I just go to the eagle Dynamics web page and server list and copy the IP from the full list and do direct connect.

Luckily if you keep going back to the same servers, the IP is saved as the last one.

Connecting, never an issue. Server browser list....not good, nothing like the full list on ED's web page.

I get Server Offline when I put in the IP, its pretty poor that this has not been resolved, I can ping the server and get a TTL of 45 milisecs but DCS refuses to connect now.

+1

you told exactly my problem. i remember to have this after 2.5.X versions or 2018feb. didn't see it with 1.5.X. every time i should join with IP and Port and it won't remember other IPs and etc you said. i don't know if this is related to the ping or not, because my ping is usually 100-250 ms to those top 10 servers.

it depends on a router.

C0ff,

Thank you Sir. You always come through with the best information !!!

Happy Simming,

Monnie

C0FF,

This was working great until I updated both my server(running the dedicated server install) and my client machine to 2.5.5.31917.

Now I can not see my server in the multiplayer list again.

Any advice?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

c0ff,

Without changing anything, 2.5.5.32299 solved everything again. I can see my server on my LAN with my client connected to the same LAN.

Happy Simming,

Monnie

• 11 months later...
Turn on IPv6 on your network adapter. I had this, this fixed it.

Thx a lot!!!

It fixed my problem (arises 2 weeks ago, not before). For me has no sense, because I`m not using IPv6 at all. Seems something in the IP stack in the DCS program.