About the older MODULES protection type… upgrade planed?

Xanix

Hello to all. I’ve been way for some time; a «little vacation» from DCS… ‘in space’, playing Elite Dangerous. Now; is time to take a vacation from ED and use my spare time, on DCS.

2016 was a great year… a new European aircraft and a new training area; Mirage/Nevada.

2018; again, a great new ‘combo’… an USA navy aircraft and the gorgeous Persia; Hornet/Gulf.

Well; enough of drifting… I’ve already searched the forum but, I didn’t get a valid information.

I’ve almost all the DCS Modules; except some campaigns and the F-18/Gulf that I’m going to buy, this week. Some «old» modules use the ‘Key/Starforce’ protection and the «new» ones, the ‘Online/activation’ DRM protection.

What I wanted to know is; does «Eagle Dynamics» have plans, on updating the old modules, to the most recent DRM protection? No more product keys, starforce; simply online activation?

Also; I’ve read something about the Viper… is it true? Are we going to finally get the F-16, developed by ED? I’m getting old; I like the F-18 but, I just ‘can’t wait’ for the Tomcat. If we get the Viper; maybe in 2020 with a new European theater, like the ‘Pillars of Hercules’… the entrance to the Mediterranean; that would be simply superb!

Well, is it «officially» confirmed; is ED making the 'Viper'? Is there some forum section, with information regarding, the development?

Thank you in advance and kind regards to all,

Xanix

*Is ED collaborating with VEAO to finally give us, a Hawk «problems» free?

Edited by Xanix

No recent info on implementing new DRM to older modules was posted, though such a scenario was hinted when the first module with new system was released (Harrier IIRC?).

As for the F-16, the only thread where it's being discussed is here for the time being:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205813

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.