Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

oh,man! I'm gonna have to try that!
Just tried this in the Su-25. Yup, craters were indeed made and my landing gear was indeed damaged when I landed. Plus after I bombed it, ATC told me to go to my alternate airfield. Very cool.

Map tool release is very enticing information ....... is this actually on the cards?

I know that Normandy is the map plan .... and these few images really looks amazing ... with the skills in the community, this could get very amazing very quickly.

S!

Edited by JokerMan

great! is it Caen?

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

By the way...

Have a nice weekend with DCS!

Fantastic ..... teasing and absolutely evidence to answer the (I consider) reasonable question I have about WW2 ..... that is, how does ED & Partners with the DCS WW2 project not only pull together the hard resources like Planes and features, airports and scenery maps, but also the soft resources like atmosphere, scenery fidelity, sense and feel .... a believable WW2 environment.

I mean no disrespect to ED or Partners here by the way with my question and the above example Racoon goes along way to answering it.

I ought look into requirements regarding 3rd party map creation credentials .... though I'll be up front and state it's an area not intermediately my forte!

thanks all

S!

Hi Racoon,

I saw the new map screenshots in the weekend update, the map looks beautiful!

With all of the scattered small towns and period architecture, it will be an awesome place for sightseeing in the new Spitfire IX. :D

Thank you for the sneak peak, this map is going to seriously enhance my DCS fun.

-Nick

Interesting a point in the April,8 newsletter, finaly temporal runways :)

Development of the specially created "DCS: Normandy 1944" map for DCS World War II continues its development at a fast pace. Currently, the main effort is focused on airfields with different types of surfaces (a first for DCS World). For example: we are implementing SMT (Square Mesh Tracks) surfaces, which were widely used by the Allies for temporary airfields in Normandy following the landings. We are also developing the possibility to place airfields on the map using the Mission Editor (another first for DCS World).

I noticed this too......nice touch that.

A bit off topic but the ability to place airfields may also be a great addition when it comes to operating RAZBAM's Harrier as field deployments can be simulated.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

My wish is that instead of temporary runways, we can place flyable aircraft anywhere on the map like we can static aircraft and then place a series of tents and supporting vehicles to create our temporary airfield in a suitable field. Some camouflage netting would be great too!

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

My wish is that instead of temporary runways, we can place flyable aircraft anywhere on the map like we can static aircraft and then place a series of tents and supporting vehicles to create our temporary airfield in a suitable field. Some camouflage netting would be great too!

thats what I had wanted when I suggested it, but did not describe it well enough to Racoon