Why not integrate SRS instead of your in-house VOIP?

GunSlingerAUS

I am sorry but you are obviously making assumptions based on a server (i don't want to bash..) for being notorious as not really being organised(communication), like other communitys. You can't tell me you don't know, DDCS, Blueflag, 104th, Hoggit, TTI etc.

You can be ignorant about something, but if you keep insisting on it, it looks like trolling.

edit: I just checked with server browser and SRS client, and most SRS users connected to server (& ingame)reflected the player numbers shown in the server browsers. (104th, TTI, Hoggit)

Edited by ApoNOOB

Getting so tired of people asking this question.

Nobody uses SRS. Literally nobody. The only places you can find people using SRS is on Hoggit, Blue Flag, or private squadron servers. Even then, on public servers squadrons use their own frequency instead of COMMON or just use Discord/Teamspeak.

They legally can't "just integrate SRS".

Working with other peoples code is a PITA.

Get over the fact ED is making their own native VoIP system. When it is fully functional you will say to yourself "I understand now. I'm glad they did it".

First you say nobody is using it then you state the servers where lots of people are using it. :lol:

Eventually ED's version will be what everyone uses and SRS will go away as it was created by ciribob since it was much needed on MP servers. But until then it's a fantastic app and lots of people use it.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Also that doesn't mean at all that the 'most populated MP servers' will also have the most used ingame voice(radios). There is a lot of player types around, and some simply do not want radio communication. Others scoff at brevity, feeling silly etc.

Ultimately ED's inhouse solution will not change much for the majority of MP players, only for a minority that cites things as "meh I don't want to install 3rd party software", maybe some reduction of workload for overstressed server admins. But it's not going to get that A10C gun running your troops communicating.

Also that doesn't mean at all that the 'most populated MP servers' will also have the most used ingame voice(radios). There is a lot of player types around, and some simply do not want radio communication. Others scoff at brevity, feeling silly etc.

Ultimately ED's inhouse solution will not change much for the majority of MP players, only for a minority that cites things as "meh I don't want to install 3rd party software", maybe some reduction of workload for overstressed server admins. But it's not going to get that A10C gun running your troops communicating.

Honestly,

Outside of Dynamic Campaigns, In Game VOIP was the 2nd most requested Feature. And this was while SRS was already available for a while.

SRS depends on everyone having it, and installing it.

The DCS Integrated Solution does not, it woll always be there if you choose to use it or not.

I have a good feeling that once integrated and moved to release branch and more feature complete, more and more people will use it.

EVERYONE said the same thing in 2001 when MS announced Xbox Live would habe embedded VOIP and come with headsets, everyone scoffed at it saying it would never be used, i can tell you as a beta tester for Xbox Live, VOIP is what Made XBLive a success, and EVERYONE used it.

Theres no substitute fo verbal communication in a MP environment, regardless of PVP or PVE, a lot of PC users use dedicated VOIP in games, because they do not want to hassle with installing and confirguring separate software for each title.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs