One button for flares, another for chaff, possible?

madeiner

As title.

I'd rather avoid working with programs if it means its going to waste countermeasures, nor i want to have to press multiple buttons (like change programs) in the middle of a dogfight. I like the hornet's one click = one countermeasure and you have two buttons in bypass mode, one for each type.

Anything similar in the viper?

Hi!

As title.

I'd rather avoid working with programs if it means its going to waste countermeasures, nor i want to have to press multiple buttons (like change programs) in the middle of a dogfight. I like the hornet's one click = one countermeasure and you have two buttons in bypass mode, one for each type.

Anything similar in the viper?

Unlike VERY old F-16 blocks ... only program are possible on F-16 blk 50/52. However, you can set PGM1 for one flare and PGM2 for one chaff (or Slap switch and or PGM6).

But if one flare or one chaff is enough to be efficient, ... it means that something is rather wrong in the game. Normal, to be efficient, smartly defined sequences are required.

Regards.

What I did was set the panic wall button to drop only chaff in the CSM lau file. Then I setup my other programs as desired inside the same lau. This allows me to only drop chaff if I know it's a radar only launch, while not giving my position away to God and everybody with flares. Then with the CSM forward I can drop flares and chaff when I think it's IR and radar. I mapped the CSM wall button to the CSM left on my TMW because it is unused.

What I did was set the panic wall button to drop only chaff in the CSM lau file. Then I setup my other programs as desired inside the same lau. This allows me to only drop chaff if I know it's a radar only launch, while not giving my position away to God and everybody with flares. Then with the CSM forward I can drop flares and chaff when I think it's IR and radar. I mapped the CSM wall button to the CSM left on my TMW because it is unused.

This.

Program the slap switch for chaff only or flare only. Typically though, if you need a flare, you need 3 or more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

I also set the wall button (program 5) to drop only flares and then use program 1 as a chaff program.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks everyone :) Wall button configuration it is.

Btw yes, i launch multiple countermeasures but i try to dump a few when in a notch/after disabling AB, in a very short time. I found that it works best.

My setup on CMS warthog switch is like this:

CMS forward - start program

CMS aft - wall switch

CMS left - select prog 1

CMS right - select prog 2

Prog 1 is chaff only, prog 2 is chaff + flare, wall program is panic.

This way you can have Progs 1 / 2 for your normal stuff and wall for dogfight or MANPADs evasion.

Ok...I am a moron...

Where is the slap switch?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

The slap switch is the same as the wall switch. It's right above where your hand rests on the throttle grip, below the canopy. I guess you could call it "the bottom of your fist switch" as well lol.

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

This.

Program the slap switch for chaff only or flare only. Typically though, if you need a flare, you need 3 or more.

Such a brilliant idea, thank you for the suggestion. This was really one of my biggest issues with the F-16 since the F/A-18 allows you to use Programs 1 & 5 on the HOTAS.