[KNOWN ISSUE WIP] Arrestor cable stuck in hook.

diditopgun

I was RIO (client) in MP multicrew. Arrestor cable stay stuck in hook whereas not for the pilot (game host):

nhORQN8.jpg

bVIUbMs.jpg

UxEKmN6.jpg

MObxTce.jpg

kVD6XQ0.jpg

Edited by IronMike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

had the opposite of this, was pilot, Wire was stuck like glue to the tailhook and would not let go after raising hook before it dropped the wire on its own. i was not hosting.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

I had the exact same issue yesterday as the RIO. But my pilot told me he couldn't see the stuck cable, and he was right: he was then able to park without any trouble.

I was hosting.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I had the same issue as RIO, not visible for the pilot.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

I had the same issue in SP though. 2nd wire pulled me all the way back, but still would not let go. I put the hook down and the wire was on the ground, but when I put the hook up, the wire would stick to the ground and then jump up to the hook area.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I had the exact same issue yesterday as the RIO. But my pilot told me he couldn't see the stuck cable, and he was right:

Same here.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

same here

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

As I said :

I had the exact same issue yesterday as the RIO. But my pilot told me he couldn't see the stuck cable, and he was right: he was then able to park without any trouble.

I was hosting.

It was before monday's patch, though.

reproduced Rio in MO, cable disconnected for pilot, stayed attached for me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Same thing happen on my server. I was hosting non-dedicated, the screenshot below are not in the same plane as me. To them in F2 the cable is not there, but in my F2 screen it is. Didn’t matter how many times they raised or lowered the hook. I too was RIO

attachment.php?attachmentid=206957&stc=1&d=1553159864

0C364AF1-7EF4-42D1-BA6A-0DA57447A0D8.thumb.jpeg.9ba2f95a2cf0acc1d75293dbece41d4c.jpeg

I've made an interesting discovery tonight. This time, my pilot was hosting. As usual from my RIO point of view, the wire was "glued" to the hook after our first landing.

First landing : First wire. Both our kneeboards says "Wire 1".

Second landing : Third wire. The pilot's kneeboard says "Wire 3", while mine says "Wire 1". The time of landing was exactly the same for both kneeboards.

This isn't a MP only issue, I've experienced a stuck hook two or three times in SP (out of maybe 20 traps). Raising or lowering hook doesn't release it. Got it to release one time by taxiing back to approach side of boat, other time had to exit game.

EDIT: Just flew a virgin mission for some other bug testing, just me and an empty boat. Got the stuck hook on every single trap, probably five times in a row. Had to exit mission each time.:mad:

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

• 6 months later...

Several of us have recently experienced this. Any thoughts/suggestions?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 1 month later...

This is still happening to me on the F-18 seemingly randomly (three times now). If I stop it seems ok but if I try to tax it starts pulling me back and almost made me hit a parked plane. Single player Instant Mission on the Stennis. Raising and lowering the hook wasn't releasing it.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2