Unable to configure weapons in ME created mission - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-04-2019, 07:40 PM   #11
Pilou

I did more tests based on the suggestions. I created the mission from scratch another time making sure not to do a PREPARE MISSION. I could get the loadout properly configured, rearm with a different one and all worked fine.
I rechecked my previous test mission and it was still broken. So I took the working one and did a PREPARE MISSION... loadout configuration fails too. So it seems to be related to the PREPARE MISSION.
I think I'm good for now. I will check if deleting the directories of the 'prepared' mission works too as soon as I have time. Is the track file still useful?

The tests were done on the latest open beta update today. I initially run into the problem with an older mission in which I added an A10-C (it is possible I accidently did a PREPARE MISSION on this one too).

I have attached the mission files:
A10-C training mission: initial attempt - NOT WORKING
A10-C test: redone from scratch: OK
A10-C test - prepare: previous file with a prepare mission step - NOT WORKING

Thank you all for the support.
Attached Files
File Type: miz A-10C training.miz (27.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: miz A-10C test.miz (7.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: miz A-10C test - prepare.miz (27.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Pilou; 12-04-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Pilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:59 AM   #12
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilou View Post
I think I'm good for now. I will check if deleting the directories of the 'prepared' mission works too as soon as I have time.
Glad it's working now.

If you just look at the file size of the missions, it's a good indicator (2 of them are about 27 KB, the one that is actually working for you is only about 7 KB).

I think if you delete just the DSMS folder in the other mission files, rearming should work again.

You can simply rename a mission file to "whatever.miz.zip" so that your favorite zip tool recognizes it as a zip file. Once opened in a zip tool, you can delete the superflouos folders. Afterwards, rename it back to "whatever.miz" so that DCS recognizes it as a proper mission file, and that should do the trick.