VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place, but I have set up a mission involving me and one C130 for refueling practice. If I run it without VA, and just use the comms in game menu it works fine, but if I use VA then "request refuel" is recognised, but I get "there are no crew recipients available", which for some reason means that even though "ready precontact" is recognised and replied to ("cleared precontact"), the tanker never lets the hose out! Any ideas?

I’ve had similar issues. The fix for me has been to use the select command before calling the tanker even though I have easy comms off and have dialed in the proper frequency, even if its the only thing on the frequency

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Retired CO of the vCSG-3's VF-103 Jolly Rogers

Hi all

To confirm: VA 1.8.2 is OK to use.

@lxsapper Disable AIRIO in the EX tab and restart DCS.

@Ares With easy comms off the call is directed to the unit for which your radio is tuned.

If you use the wrong callsign for the selected frequency, this is auto-corrected.

If not properly tuned, the call will go to the currently selected unit as set by Select command or nearest by default.

@FreightDog The correct alias to use is "approaching for refuel", see ref. tables.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Voice attack listens, but DCS doesnt

Can anyone confirm that while playing DCS in Voice attack program, on PTT tab you have module detected properly..Mine shows as empty like in picture.I am asking this because although Voice attack reads my orders correctly it doesn't send anything to DCS. I am on last 1.8.2 version of VA, i have custom DCS directory selected and also Open beta on pic 2

img1.thumb.jpg.1151c461011ecd6be633c7eab2935fca.jpg

img2.jpg.297e8fae79baa4d4a7a5a81b464e4da5.jpg

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

The module should be detected, yes.

Did the prblem happen after you updated DCS?

There's some tricks to make it work again, if you track back in previous posts.

Delete export.lua or just simply choose custome path again if you don't have default DCS install paths.

Have you tried?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I’ve had similar issues. The fix for me has been to use the select command before calling the tanker even though I have easy comms off and have dialed in the proper frequency, even if its the only thing on the frequency

Thank you. Can I ask what you mean by the select command though? Like yourself I have easy comms of etc and have the right freq

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin

The module should be detected, yes.

Did the prblem happen after you updated DCS?

There's some tricks to make it work again, if you track back in previous posts.

Delete export.lua or just simply choose custome path again if you don't have default DCS install paths.

Have you tried?

I tried reinstall..i tried choosing custom path..it didnt work... i tried repair dcs..Where to dlelete export.lua ? Where it is located?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I tried reinstall..i tried choosing custom path..it didnt work... i tried repair dcs..Where to dlelete export.lua ? Where it is located?

Okay, from Greyman post #3371

maybe try the old faithful approach of deleting the export.lua file, from the users/<yourname>/Saved Games/<DCS root>/Scripts folder, and restarting DCS and VoiceAttack.

I know this means you are going to have to do a restart, but that should do it, at least until the next DCS update.

Also, you're not running W7/8 by chance?

https://www.vaicompro.com/support.html -> registry fix.

You've tried the custom path, already, so then I'm out if ideas.

So after I tune to the frequency, I say “Select (Texaco, Arco, Shell, etc.)” And then any other commands you send to it with the tanker name will be recognized appropriately.

@Hollywood_315: My experience with this has been in situations when there are multiple tankers on the map. If there’s a single one, it typically works after tuning to the correct frequency. But if there are multiple tankers in the map, on separate frequencies it requires the select command to be said in order to get it to respond. A similar thing happens when there are multiple AWACS as well, it requires a select command to be said before they will respond to any calls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Retired CO of the vCSG-3's VF-103 Jolly Rogers

maybe try the old faithful approach of deleting the export.lua file, from the users/<yourname>/Saved Games/<DCS root>/Scripts folder, and restarting DCS and VoiceAttack.

@hreich

@Biga42

I have the same problem. Delete Export.lua works for me. But my Flightpanels are now useless

Having problem to make Vaicom Pro working in MP. I give the command, nothing happens. But if I open the comm menu in DCS, got the answer.

Are you setup for easy comms but the server enforces advanced comms, maybe?

Edited by lxsapper

@lxsapper Disable AIRIO in the EX tab and restart DCS.

Hey Hollywwod,

Thanks for the reply. I ended figuring it out soon after. But it would still be nice not to have to this this enabling/disabling dance each time I want to change the way I'm going to play. I don't know if it's possible, considering the implementation of Jester and all. But it would be nice if it's possible. I mean for everything else Vaicom it's a simple matter of chosing to run or not to run VA.

@hreich

@Biga42

I have the same problem. Delete Export.lua works for me. But my Flightpanels are now useless

I even deleted Export.lua - but nothing works - VA still doesnt talk to the DCS... @Hollywood please help...Could the problem be if my Saved games folder's location is moved fom c disk to x disk? I even checked all lia files looks good (i checked manual handling of lua files in pdf manual)

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Having problem to make Vaicom Pro working in MP. I give the command, nothing happens. But if I open the comm menu in DCS, got the answer.

Stupid question maybe as I've never tried multiplayer.

Have you checked that you've selected the "Use with Multiplayer" option in the "VCP Control Panel"?

2019-12-03_17-19-27.png.fd1936b9c53313a2b038a01cc17ff20e.png

Still cant get VA to talk to DCS..this is my log:

VAICOM PRO logfile

Plugin version 2.5.13.0 (release)

License: PRO

Executing automatic lua code installation.

DCS World version 2.5 not found.

Custom install path used for 2.5 OpenBeta

DCS World installation path = T:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta

Saved Games folder = x:\Users\hrvoj\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Unchanged: Export.lua

Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

Reset: speech.lua

Reset: common.lua

Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

Reset: gameMessages.lua

6/7 DCS-side files were updated.

Checking VA profile.

Importing RIO extension pack...

Done.

Loading keywords database...

Success.

Loading F10 menu items...

Success.

Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

Adding 0 imported menu commands.

Building master keywords table...

Success.

Building master labels table...

Success.

No new DCS modules to import.

Adding themepack collections

Chatter theme set to Default

Adding chatter resources.. Default

Resources added.

Chatter initialized.

Chatter start.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Still cant get VA to talk to DCS..this is my log:

VAICOM PRO logfile

Plugin version 2.5.13.0 (release)

License: PRO

Executing automatic lua code installation.

DCS World version 2.5 not found.

Custom install path used for 2.5 OpenBeta

DCS World installation path = T:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta

Saved Games folder = x:\Users\hrvoj\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Unchanged: Export.lua

Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

Reset: speech.lua

Reset: common.lua

Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

Reset: gameMessages.lua

6/7 DCS-side files were updated.

Checking VA profile.

Importing RIO extension pack...

Done.

Loading keywords database...

Success.

Loading F10 menu items...

Success.

Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

Adding 0 imported menu commands.

Building master keywords table...

Success.

Building master labels table...

Success.

No new DCS modules to import.

Adding themepack collections

Chatter theme set to Default

Adding chatter resources.. Default

Resources added.

Chatter initialized.

Chatter start.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

It worked before, with same paths?

Vaicom not executing recognized commands

I am still having the problem where my commands are heard and recognized but nothing happens. I am not hearing the beeps that should be letting me know it is listening either and I have that preference checked. If I load a different profile in Voiceattack, it works just fine. I'm about to give up on this.

Log.jpg.73cd2b68d2a1ed2306e9828dc1c9d507.jpg

prefs.jpg.050456df755214f4d339cf8faf820e59.jpg

I am still having the problem where my commands are heard and recognized but nothing happens. I am not hearing the beeps that should be letting me know it is listening either and I have that preference checked. If I load a different profile in Voiceattack, it works just fine. I'm about to give up on this.

Have you tracked back a little in the thread and checked last days suggestions?

Are the profile actually sending to DCS?

What does the log say when the VAICOM PRO profile loads?

Little tip so you don't need your cell next time. Alt-print screen gives you screen shots of active window.

But there is also Snipping Tool or Snip & Scetch. Both comes with Windows.

Edited by MAXsenna

Hello again @Hollywood_315,

I have a little request, would it be possible for you to add in a future update to AIRIO the commands to stop Jester AI and to resume Him?

Apart from the command to shut him up you mean? I guess that's what "keep quiet back there" or something means.

Serious question as I don't have the F-14 yet.

Apart from the command to shut him up you mean? I guess that's what "keep quiet back there" or something means.

Serious question as I don't have the F-14 yet.

No it's not that command, it's a command that basically turns him off. Telling him to keep quiet he still presses buttons and does his job.

The one I would like is called "Crew Contract, Utility/ Set Inactive, Utility" and then "Set Active, Utility" to resume JesterAI.

Edited by lxsapper

No it's not that command, it's a command that basically turns him off. Telling him to keep quiet he still presses buttons and does his job.

The one I would like is called "Crew Contract, Utility/ Set Inactive, Utility" and then "Set Active, Utility" to resume JesterAI.

Aha! Thanks!