DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Why the need to open a new thread for this? .. couldn't you ask on the current thread?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266139

... how will this thread look a few months from now? ... yes, it will look like a useless thread. I get that most people here are obsesive and impatient, but this is getting ridiculous.

:mad:

Look before you leap!

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

NineLine said:

Just checking if there is anything planned for today. 2 weeks and all.

"I don't believe there is a patch planned for this week, Russia has a holiday until tomorrow, and even with many of the team working through it, I believe we are still testing RC builds, especially with our new Closed Beta Team. Some good news is that the Supercarrier is being tested right now as well, so I hope we will have some good news to share on that soonish, thanks!"

source - reddit.com/r/hoggit - yesterday

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

"I don't believe there is a patch planned for this week, Russia has a holiday until tomorrow, and even with many of the team working through it, I believe we are still testing RC builds, especially with our new Closed Beta Team. Some good news is that the Supercarrier is being tested right now as well, so I hope we will have some good news to share on that soonish, thanks!"

source - reddit.com/r/hoggit - yesterday

Thanks man. I wish they would have just posted that here in the thread rather than hoggit which I don't check much.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Why the need to open a new thread for this? .. couldn't you ask on the current thread?

... how will this thread look a few months from now? ... yes, it will look like a useless thread. I get that most people here are obsesive and impatient, but this is getting ridiculous.

Honestly its been nearly a month since the last major patch. The one 2 weeks ago was pretty much nothing. And given the general pattern of every 2 weeks I was expecting something this week. The patch thread had been locked with no updates or inkling of updates one way or another. Had what 9L posted on reddit made it into that thread I wouldn't have bothered posting asking. But I figured someone had some sort of news.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

So the next days with the F-18 are waiting for me, which normally you can't fly ... :( I was afraid it would be like that.

I am not waiting for new modules and functions anymore, but for repairing those that are already there.

I am worried about the silence on this topic.

Edited by padonis

So the next days with the F-18 are waiting for me, which normally you can't fly ... :( I was afraid it would be like that.

I am not waiting for new modules and functions anymore, but for repairing those that are already there.

I am worried about the silence on this topic.

That's a wee bit dramatic. That's just software development. one or two minor things can hold up a release while on other fronts a lot of progress is being made.

Thanks man. I wish they would have just posted that here in the thread rather than hoggit which I don't check much.

I totally agree, after all this is their forum and some people come here first for news.:mad:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Just checking if there is anything planned for today. 2 weeks and all.

Why is the patch thread closed?

I strongly agree Rudel. This is getting very ridiculous. There's no point in opening a thread like this. I was being sarcastic in my first post. BN stated in the patch thread why he's closing that thread and will re-open it when there is news on a patch update. So what's the point in asking? Every week someone just has to be that person.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

No hope......

We will don't hear or see nothing until maybe Wednesday 12 May.

Russia have 2 more Holidays, on 9 May the Victory Day and on 11 May the day off for the Victory day.

Nobody worked this Week since 1 May Holiday.

Looks like that "transparency" we were surprised to see lasted one whole week!

This is officially the craziest situation in software I have ever seen in 3 decades. Considering the weird communication (throwing mods to the wolves), the promises, broken promises, censorship, the refusal to rollback back a few days after it was confirmed there was serious problems (Feb).

Why is there more info on unofficial forum sites!?

I could literally freewrite the unintuitive decision's being made here for 5 minutes straight. And I have only been in DCS for less than a year!

It appears ED has the "What Not To Do" book open and they are deadset on reading it verse by verse.

In Latin.

• ED Team

No need to make new threads.

My last post here has not changed

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266139&page=58

Hi all

I know it is frustrating for some, but please keep this thread for the patch notes.

When I have a date for the next patch I will share it with you all.

I will reopen this thread once I have news

thank you

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

merged and reopened the thread so you can chat about it.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Why? Is there a patch?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Official comms still leaving to be desired. Yesterday I was browsing hoggit by chance only to stumble across this:

Per nineline on discord Russia has a holiday the 1st to 5th and we won't likely see an update this week.

No reference though when he said that on The Virus (aka Discord) even.

Why in the friggen hell that is called earth don't they just tell us on their very own platform?

Would be so easy to have an "Upcoming Patch Announcement" thread and have that updated before spreading words in other places where you might happen to come across the information by pure luck of being there at the right time... but apparently it is not.

I'm not having any issues with waiting any longer, but when I want to get informed, I need to have my own secret service, because I don't get the news here where one'd expect them first...

When I have a date for the next patch I will share it with you all.

Well... icon_question.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I don't think there is.

I think Newy or 9L could have reposted/updated this from yesterday which is what 9L posted on reddit when someone asked there. And had I seen it I wouldn't have asked about it in the first place and created the angst/pain.

• ED Team

Thanks for the feedback, we are doing our best to keep you informed to the best of our abilities, everything is very fluid and dynamic, and we cannot always give you a hard answer when we would like to. The Team is just returning from holidays in Russia, although many of them worked through it. When we have better info, we will share it. We also hope to have some updates this week in our newsletter.

Thanks

Looks like that "transparency" we were surprised to see lasted one whole week!

This is officially the craziest situation in software I have ever seen in 3 decades. Considering the weird communication (throwing mods to the wolves), the promises, broken promises, censorship, the refusal to rollback back a few days after it was confirmed there was serious problems (Feb).

Why is there more info on unofficial forum sites!?

I could literally freewrite the unintuitive decision's being made here for 5 minutes straight. And I have only been in DCS for less than a year!

It appears ED has the "What Not To Do" book open and they are deadset on reading it verse by verse.

In Latin.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

In Latin.

I've read that book and the very first verse, written in double-sized and bold text is "Nolite audire peritorum qui non".

Maybe Google translate will be of some use. :)

I think just open communication which is what Kate was eluding to would be great. Such as "there's holiday this week in Russia so there won't be a patch this week" thanks. That way people aren't speculating, as they are, about if or when the next patch will be. At least they won't expect it this week. I'm ok waiting for a solid patch with additional testing. I'm not tired of waiting for a patch... i'm tired of hearing about the impatient people waiting! haha People are going to complain doesn't matter what you do, but you could stem the flow somewhat by saying no patch, or maybe a patch end of week but don't hold your breath, or we're expecting a patch Friday, then when Friday rolls around, make a call early "additional changes required, no patch today, shooting for next Wednesday now". my thoughts.

Thanks for the feedback, we are doing our best to keep you informed to the best of our abilities, everything is very fluid and dynamic, and we cannot always give you a hard answer when we would like to. The Team is just returning from holidays in Russia, although many of them worked through it. When we have better info, we will share it. We also hope to have some updates this week in our newsletter.

Thanks

Thanks for updating us here as well. Please don't take my prev post's harshness too seriously, it was just some kind of safety venting before blowing up (caused by the usual issues with federal agencies, those keep driving me nuts every single day, but well that's not for discussion here; life is hard...) as while I wrote it, this thread still was locked and no information given - well you just did at the same time and things overlapped rdlaugh.png

I guess you guys, since also being part of the community, simply spend time on hoggit and Discord as well in your free time and if someone asks and you've got some minor info, you'll just let them know and don't think about posting it here as well at that moment twilightsmile.png

I hope the team had some nice holiday - as nice as it could have been with the situation we're all in at the moment. And let's hope they're all flying safe salute.png

I'm looking forward to the newsletter and keep doing some training flights since my 2.5.6 performance didn't really better in most regards yet rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I think just open communication which is what Kate was eluding to would be great. Such as "there's holiday this week in Russia so there won't be a patch this week" thanks. That way people aren't speculating, as they are, about if or when the next patch will be. At least they won't expect it this week. I'm ok waiting for a solid patch with additional testing. I'm not tired of waiting for a patch... i'm tired of hearing about the impatient people waiting! haha People are going to complain doesn't matter what you do, but you could stem the flow somewhat by saying no patch, or maybe a patch end of week but don't hold your breath, or we're expecting a patch Friday, then when Friday rolls around, make a call early "additional changes required, no patch today, shooting for next Wednesday now". my thoughts.

Yeah, I think some sort of coherent few days notice policy on patches and releases would do a lot to keep the natives more restful :music_whistling:

I.e. one example might be if the patch is "expected" this week on weds just give people a heads up that this is the likely case or not if its delayed.

my .02 cents.

NineLine and Bignewy,

Appreciate all the work you do around here / hoggit and discord. Would it be possible for you guys to cut and paste any comments you make on Hoggit and Discord here or even open a new thread. Call it "Random Updates".

It will allow DCS tragics such as myself one place to check in to get the latest rather than having to trawl through multiple platforms to get your nuggets of gold.

Many thanks.

NineLine and Bignewy,

Appreciate all the work you do around here / hoggit and discord. Would it be possible for you guys to cut and paste any comments you make on Hoggit and Discord here or even open a new thread. Call it "Random Updates".

It will allow DCS tragics such as myself one place to check in to get the latest rather than having to trawl through multiple platforms to get your nuggets of gold.

Many thanks.

We've been asking for something like this for the a while, they don't seem to care to do that. 9L said they are more than happy to let users cut and paste that information where needed. Unfortunately that means it is up to us, though some guys around here do share a lot of the information, you just have to search for it. This is all in our best interest of course as ED is one of the best in the area of communication.

I think just open communication which is what Kate was eluding to would be great. Such as "there's holiday this week in Russia so there won't be a patch this week" thanks. That way people aren't speculating, as they are, about if or when the next patch will be. At least they won't expect it this week.

This!

And please post it here on the official forum for pete sake. Why they keep posting some useful info other than here is beyond me.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

We've been asking for something like this for the a while, they don't seem to care to do that. 9L said they are more than happy to let users cut and paste that information where needed. Unfortunately that means it is up to us, though some guys around here do share a lot of the information, you just have to search for it. This is all in our best interest of course as ED is one of the best in the area of communication.

Yeah we've been asking but there doesn't really seem to be much coordination there. Or a realization that hey if I post X on reddit, I should post it here. Maybe the mods could start a random useful thoughts thread and just dump whatever they post over on reddit over there too. IDK...