NADIR and ZENITH symbols in HUD

Geraki

This is not correct for the block that it does not have it

Please re-evaluate your sources for tape 4.2 all F-16C tapes from 2007 and above have it for better pilot situation awareness like curved dash level lines ..... as correctly you simulate in the current block...

• 1 month later...

What page number and paragraph number does it mention those symbols on the manuals?

You can't post a link nor copy and paste the info, but you can tell me page number and para.

I have never hear nor seen anything regarding this in the USAF F-16 manuals circa 2007 and beyond

• Thanks 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

that symbols are from F-16C block 40, don't know if it still exits in block 50.

here is the report about "testing new HUD symbols for F-16C" (block 40)

the report is "APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE",so i think it not violate ED's forum rule.

https://apps.dtic.mil/docs/citations/ADA260280

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a260280.pdf

btw, almost all test pilots not prefer that new NADIR and ZENITH symbol. :megalol:

Edited by Alfas
  • Like 1

Pm send it

correct page 6

all tape 4.2 have avionics and HUD - references upgrades for better SA

ghost horizon, nadir/zenith symbols

also if anyone F-16 "veteran" can help in that please provide the info

Edited by Geraki

I opted for this long time ago. Answer was that it was not applicable for this block.

This is stated wrong!!!

if DCS wants to make a realistic F-16 must search a lot, we are here to help

the same answer was for Altitude ARC in dogfight...

So you basing this in a 1992 paper? The -34 explains everything about the HUD. What each window will show, why and when. You don't have a page number and paragraph number for that?

The paper states that: "there is no plan to make the HUD a primary flight reference" but when you look at the current training manuals ( which have no releasability restriction and can be downloaded from E-publisihing, the USAF website) it mentions the HUD as a primary reference. That how outdated this paper is.

A operational F-16 was not even use for this study, they made a sim from a salvage F-16.

The document you provided, has little to nothing to do with a USAF F-16C block 50 circa 2007.

• Thanks 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

You can see nadir/zenith (and ghost horizon line) presented and in-use in many F16 HUD video on youtube.

And how can I find USAF series for F16 block 50 manual -34 , Can you Pm me the link ?

All I can find is HAF series manual -34. and that not What ED told us they working on.

Edited by Alfas

You can see nadir/zenith (and ghost horizon line) presented and in-use in many F16 HUD video on youtube.

That does not help unless the video can be proven to be from a USAF F-16C block 50 circa 2007

And how can I find USAF series for F16 block 50 manual -34 , Can you Pm me the link ?

All I can find is HAF series manual -34.

Why would you need a link? I thought you and Geraki knew this to be accurate, so you guys had first hand experience or correct documentation right?

• Thanks 1

To whom it may concern,

So we agree you don't have the proper reference. I guess we need to trust Eagle Dynamics.

• Thanks 1

To whom it may concern,

1-165 to 166 talks about FCR symbols, nothing about HUD symbols

• Thanks 1

To whom it may concern,

Like I PM Geraki, I can't find no reference nor mention of nadir nor zenith. Are they called anything else?

Looks like we need to trust ED to have to proper information. I'm sure if they find it or enough people complain about it they will change it.

• Thanks 1

To whom it may concern,

ED could be wrong.

they was wrong with DGFT Alttitude Awareness Arc not included in this block 50.

new nadir/zenith, bendy dive pitch bar, ghost horizon, extended horizon bar, all come together with same software upgrade SCU-2 1993 (after block 50 1990)

and i think block 50 got this upgrade too (DCS simulating all except nadir/zenith)

i don't have USAF -34, is it refer to DGFT arc, bendy dive pitch bar, ghost horizon, extended horizon bar ?

i doubt if that -34 cover all software upgrade change (MLU, SCU).

if they was really removed only nadir/zenith from block 50

only reason i can think of, is almost all test pilots not prefer and rarely use it, as they complained in that report.

Edited by Alfas
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

So what exactly got a 2009 F-16D to do with a 2007 F-16C?

You guys are hilarious 🤡🤡🤡

I never said that this is proof of anything. But it is rather odd that all other variants of the same aircraft have this symbology. Why would they remove it in a more modern variant? It helps a lot with SA, especially in low visibility conditions.

In this thread there is no direct claim that the blk50 should not have these symbols. These symbols are important to me and if they do not exist in the modeled variant I consider it as a critical design flaw, just like not having IFF indication on your HUD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1