[REPORTED] F16 countermeasures

Flightsimnerd

I actually had CMDS FWD stop working for me a few times last night also. If it happens again on a shorter flight I will grab a track.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

expendables maximum are 60 for each slot chaff/flare (120 total).

i'm also experienced bug that total remaining expendables on display is wrong after rearming (showing over 60 each/ 120 total).

I can confirm this. When I spawn (cold start), the flare/chaff display shows 60/60, after rearming I sometimes have 120/120. This isn't always the case though. It might depend on certain loadout configurations. It might be the central fuel tank that is causing this, but I'm not sure.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

There are indeed a bunch of issues with the CMDS DED page.

I could reproduce the following issues a couple of times yesterday (this was on a busy MP server, scattered over multiple hours of playing, so the track file isn't really usable :():

1) When calling up the CMDS page on the DED for the first time during startup it shows 20/0/0/0 for the bingo values. The 20 is a display error, because it changes to 0 as soon as I move the DCS cursor down.

2) Also when calling up the CMDS page on the DED for the first time during startup and changing the chaff/flare bingo values, the SEQ switch isn't working anymore. As a workaround I have to press RTN to exit the CMDS page and then open the CMDS page again. After that the SEQ button is working properly.

Edit: Related: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=256119

3) Sometimes the cursor position in the various program subpages of the CMDS DED page is not correct. For example, it shows that the first line is selected (highlighted by asterisks), but when I move the cursor down once, it jumps two lines down instead of one. This also causes issues when trying to enter values before moving the cursor. I'm not sure when exactly this bug occurs but it did appear multiple times for me yesterday.

All these issues happened on cold starts in MP, when I was using the CMDS page to configure my CMs during startup.

CMDS DED bugs.trk

Edited by QuiGon
Added track file

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Could you repeat it in Single Player and record a track, please? I can not reproduce yet.

Will try to do so later today when I'm home.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello all

When I set a custom CMDS program as per Wags video I press Countermeasures switch FWD it activities once but not when I try again

I must add I’m only setting 5 flares at a time or trying to

Kind regards

Same here, Single player.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Hello all

When I set a custom CMDS program as per Wags video I press Countermeasures switch FWD it activities once but not when I try again

I must add I’m only setting 5 flares at a time or trying to

Kind regards

Same issue in MP. I even tried different amounts of flares to drop but no go.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Could you repeat it in Single Player and record a track, please? I can not reproduce yet.

Done. I was able to reproduce all of them in SP. I attached the track file to my bug reporting post above: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4121185&postcount=11

Tornado3 small.jpg

Dont think I saw it being mentioned. Also when you completely use out a countermeasure type , be it flares or chaffs and you try to pop one again it will stop you from using the other type untill you rearm. So you could have 0 flares and 30 chaff and you cant use Chaffs anymore due to the fact you have 0 flares left.

Ive had no issues with using them otherwise , I've just done the lua for now to have a flare and chaff button all the time.

Experiencing the Counter issue in MP as well since the last update. Everytime you rearm the countermeasure counter will add the new number of counter measures to number of onboard counter measures, instead of resetting it. Over the weekend I ended up with 360 / 360 Flares / Chaff on the counter, after I changed load-outs a couple of times before taking off. On another occasion it added the leftovers and gave me 78 / 82. This however does not increase the number of items you can dispense (60/60).

Adding to QuiGon's No. 2 issue, I also can't get the SEQ action to work unless you exit the page and go back again. Thought maybe it was something I was doing wrong.

• ED Team
Experiencing the Counter issue in MP as well since the last update. Everytime you rearm the countermeasure counter will add the new number of counter measures to number of onboard counter measures, instead of resetting it. Over the weekend I ended up with 360 / 360 Flares / Chaff on the counter, after I changed load-outs a couple of times before taking off. On another occasion it added the leftovers and gave me 78 / 82. This however does not increase the number of items you can dispense (60/60).

Adding to QuiGon's No. 2 issue, I also can't get the SEQ action to work unless you exit the page and go back again. Thought maybe it was something I was doing wrong.

rearm issue is reported and so is the SEQ issue,

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

CMS issues

Most CMS issues remain even after the latest patch (2.5.5.40647). They are as following:

I can reproduce them everytime I jump into the F-16 (I'm only doing cold starts, so can't speak for hot/air starts).

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
Most CMS issues remain even after the latest patch (2.5.5.40647). They are as following:

I can reproduce them everytime I jump into the F-16 (I'm only doing cold starts, so can't speak for hot/air starts).

1 and 2 are reported.

Can you show me a track with the third issue?

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 and 2 are reported.

Can you show me a track with the third issue?

thanks

I demonstrated all 3 issues in the track attached to my original report. It was made with the previous Open Beta version, but the bug exists unchanged in the current version.

Steps to reproduce issue #3 from Cold Start (step 2 is italic, because I'm not always doing this step and I'm not sure if the bug occurs with and without this step):

1) Perform engine startup and activate the various avionic systems and start INS alignment

2) Press dobber left (RTN) to return to main DED page

3) Press LIST on the UFC

4) Press 7 on the UFC to enter CMDS menu on the DED

5) Dobber right (SEQ) to enter chaff programm page for CM program #1

You should now see that the highlighted line is line 1, but if you enter numbers, they get entered in line 2. If you press dobber down the highlighted line jumps from line 1 to line 3.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg