In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

Fubarbrickdust

Fredclan, the problem my VA profile has in VR is refocusing on the ScratchPad in such way that it can be edited (resume typing at appropriate spot, deleting etc...). Using Windows ScratchPad as you mentioned might be the answer if it can be edited, without the cursor, using key bindings. I’ll check it out later today. Thanks.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I put together a beefed up VoiceAttack program that allows you to dictate hands free to ScratchPad. You can also opt to hear an audio playback of your dictation if you want to bypass ScratchPad. The playback will loop10 times or until you Say ENOUGH. It bypasses Windows Clipboard and handles all the text editing and window focus issues as well. Currently, the ScratchPad component is working in 2D but I'm not sure how its workin in VR. I'm not in VR any longer so I can't troubleshoot. Feel free to work on it and share. Please report bugs.

THANK YOU n26 for this.

UPDATE: The profile now working in VR. Profile version & ReadMe updated. See post #50.

fredclan, windows clipboard didn't pan out but got it workin thru VA, thanks.

Thanks to Space_Cadet, my down under mate for provisional VR testing.

Edited by Chic
Update VR status & profile version

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

This mod is AWESOME. Thank you, It's become my best friend in the HAWG and the like when I need to get co-ords down.

1 big big request.. PAGES!

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

assuming you already run VoiceAttack,

after installing scratchpad mod,...

The dictation commands come from the "OTHER " Menu, also {DICTATION} is a token (don't know what that really means) but its case sensitive

Nice one and many thanks for posting the 3 useful screenshots. Made setting it up so easy. I had no idea it could do this stuff.

Much appreciated.

In 2d works great, but in VR I cannot take control of the scratchpad window...i try to click on it with the mouse but nothing happens...someone can tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

it has to be the white dot to control the scratchpad window, similar to the white dot that can select comms menu items while the blue cross can not. im not in game right now but I believe that if you initiate comms menu, you will get the white dot that then moves with your mouse, Sorry if this is cryptic, hit me up if you need help beyond this. Also try chic's solution, I believe he solved this issue in a more sophisticated way.

Also try chic's solution, I believe he solved this issue in a more sophisticated way.

Do you mean using Voice Attack?

The problem with that is that as a non native speaker i had always bad experiences with VA also doing the appropriate training.

About the other things you suggested i will try as i can.

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi, I'm unable to unpack Chick's latest .rar file. Is anyone else having trouble? Thanks for all your work!

I’ll repost it as a 7-zip when I get back to the sim shortly.

UPDATE: Post #50 updated to include a WinZip version. Try that.

Edited by Chic
update

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi Chic, thanks for creating the Voiceattack Profile and sharing.

I am having a little trouble working it and wonder if you or anyone reading this could help.

Sratchpad appears ok when I say it, and disappears ok. Dictation starts and stops ok as well. But when I say 'transcribe' my jet does all sorts. Reading the warning at the bottom of the 'read me' I guess that this is because the scratchpad isn't in focus.

I say 'begin dictation'

'blah blah'

'end dictation'

'scratchpad'

'transcribe'

All seems to work, except it doesn't as nothing displays on the scratchpad and the jet responds to the voice commands!

Am I doing things in the correct order? I am guessing that I am missing something here.

Thanks.

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

Hi Chic, thanks for creating the Voiceattack Profile and sharing.

I am having a little trouble working it and wonder if you or anyone reading this could help.

Sratchpad appears ok when I say it, and disappears ok. Dictation starts and stops ok as well. But when I say 'transcribe' my jet does all sorts. Reading the warning at the bottom of the 'read me' I guess that this is because the scratchpad isn't in focus.

I say 'begin dictation'

'blah blah'

'end dictation'

'scratchpad'

'transcribe'

All seems to work, except it doesn't as nothing displays on the scratchpad and the jet responds to the voice commands!

Am I doing things in the correct order? I am guessing that I am missing something here.

Thanks.

ScratchPad probably not in focus. Make sure it is exact middle of your screen. Oversize it while you’re troubleshooting.

If that turns out to be the problem, and you would prefer the ScratchPad in a different spot, that can be accomplished with simple tweak of profile. Let me know, here or PM.

JUST CHOPPERS

That sound likely as the Scratchpad appears just to the top left of windscreen in the canopy area. Which is actually a good position, while I have noticed the white dot appears in centre of HUD. I should also mention that I fly in VR.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for troubleshooting, will let you know how I get on.

Edited by crowebar

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

Hi Chic, sorted it this evening thanks. For anyone else using Rift in VR with the same issue:

I displayed Scratchpad using L Ctrl + L Shift + X. Then dragged the Scratchpad to the area in left side of windscreen. I have then set the mouse positioning command in Scratchpad; focus scratchpad & clear scratchpad to

X = 250. Y= 650 this puts the white dot in dead centre of scratchpad.

I also use Vaicom Pro with voiceattack. To add the scratchpad commands to the vaicom profile I selected the option to "include commands from another profile" within the Vaicom Pro profile settings (thanks for that tip Hollywood)

Edited by crowebar

Good work crowebar.

JUST CHOPPERS

When dictating to the VAC speech buffer for the Scratchpad, is there any way to insert punctuation? Like "dot" or "space" or "new line"?

In VoiceAttack, the {DICTATION} token has options to create a new line after each phrase, capitalize first word of new phrase, add period or insert predetermined number of spaces between phrases, and make all characters upper or lower case. The profile, as is, already makes an new line between phrases.

Keep in mind that he VA speech to text functionality is rather rudimentary and not suited for precision.

It works well enough with ScratchPad cuz, after all, it's a just a scratchpad.

JUST CHOPPERS

Tx. I am wanting punctuation, not for a doctorial dissertation, but to separate numerals in lat/long coordinates. I will take a look at the Token functions. Your dictation app is quite useful.

Page 143 of the VA Help pdf v 1.7.3

https://voiceattack.com/VoiceAttackHelp.pdf

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS

Have been using this for a week now. Awesome little add on, very very useful.

My thanks. I especially like that it doesn’t delete content, meaning that you can add a list of target coordinates, take a break, come back 2 days later and still have them to hand.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Does this still work? A couple of nights ago mine and a friends stopped working - I can see the mouse cursor but no window.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

ok just retested mine and it is working fine stable stream; no idea on open beta

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg