Additional Call sign mod

Airogue

Backy, can you post a list of the names you've compiled? I will write them out to my original post to try to keep a running tally of the names proposed, limiting the duplicate requests.

Thanks for the tip BoneDust, I'm overseas at the moment but my wife has a mic set up that I can play with when I get home in a little over a month.

Additionally, if we want to add foreign voices (like french or German AWACs or British JTAC), I have some good friends that fly and would probably help. I was even going to have my wife add a female french AWACs voice for variation (she's a native speaker).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interested in this if you can find a work around for the integrity check? Obviously I want to play online without adverse effect. Also Request:

Rooster

Scrape

Willing to lend voice to the mod if you get to the point where you are trying to have a variety of voices.

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

Guys, it is not just the callsigns you need to record. Every voice wav in DCS needs to be redone in the same voice or it will not sound good. So, the tanker, JTAC, ATC, AWACS, Player etc all need redone; this is not small undertaking.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Like I said Bone I'm willing to be a voice actor for you. In fact if you need to get a team together please add me, I'd be more than willing to work on this with you and or a team. We need a discord channel. Backy is a good dude and I highly recommend him for the team. That's if he's game.

P. S. Thanks for the Badger call sign Backy....Salute!

Edited by uscstaylor

This really does have the potential to be the MOD of MODS. A great community project like this will help build immersion to a very high level in DCS.

Would it be possible in the ME when you place an aircraft with a specific country, to attach a voice pack (that the community member(s)with that country’s accent has provided) to that aircraft? And to also add in extra terminologies/ phrases that real work service people would use on these and other forums. I’m sure there will be current/ex service men AND women for each profession available that could give advice. The list will be long but distinguished. Lol maybe that last bit should be in one of the F-14 threads!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Guys, it is not just the callsigns you need to record. Every voice wav in DCS needs to be redone in the same voice or it will not sound good. So, the tanker, JTAC, ATC, AWACS, Player etc all need redone; this is not small undertaking.

Bone,

I realize that. You eat an elephant one bite at a time. Recording voice actors is not the biggest problem as I see it. To go forward, I think we have to take this offline and collaborate as a group as Taylor said. I'm willing to give it a shot, but first we need to map this problem out.

Cheers,

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bone,

I realize that. You eat an elephant one bite at a time. Recording voice actors is not the biggest problem as I see it. To go forward, I think we have to take this offline and collaborate as a group as Taylor said. I'm willing to give it a shot, but first we need to map this problem out.

Cheers,

Yep, sounds good. Yes we need a plan.

cheers

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I see this as 3 phases, with a 4th bonus.

Phase 1 is getting the names into one country - USA was the target because it's simple. Blending not nessasary in this phase. Just the option to have the names if you want them and letting the community both know how and provide some recorded ones.

Backy had done some pre-work, ahead of me even, so salute to him basically getting phase 1 complete.

Now Phase 2, Phase two is to get one country call signs recorded in one voice so it blends, that includes ATC AWACs etc, with both original call signs, and new ones, plus the original wav scripts (tedious, yes, do-able, yes)

Phase 3 will be to get all the original recordings redone, with all new call signs plus original callsigns, and all additional script that needs changing. (the ground crew can stay the same, like a throw back, as they never use the call sign when talking) ;-)

Hopefully, by this point, ED is willing to include the changes to their official release, which would include the changes and not effect integrity check. Until then, just saying two Lua's would be possible, and switching between them.

sorry, apparently that message sent today when I finally reconnected to the internet lol.

Badger, I will be returning to the US early Nov. Until then, I'm periodically available for chat between 1700 EST to 2000 EST (work load dependent).

Edited by Airogue

Sounds good.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

NP

I think getting a list first of people who want to be in this project is key an then we can set up for our first meeting online in Discord. I work Mon-Fri from 1:00pm to 9:00pm EST I'm off weekends starting 20th of this month. Lets get a list of names for this project and once I get the Discord channel set Ill send out the invites....

So anyone who reads this message if your interested in helping out with project then please post here with:

I'm in

and I'll add you to the list for invite to channel. Sound good Airogue and Backy?

1. Airogue

2. Backy

3. uscstaylor

4. Bonedust

I'm retired, so plenty of time for dev stuff.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Great Brother! Ill get discord channel done by tomorrow night! As long as my wifenfuror doesn't have anything for me to do!

Let me know if you are OBE by the little woman … I set up a Discord site 5 minutes ago.;) P.M. me everybody and I'll send you the server name.

Edited by Backy 51

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did a test with my voice as ATC. Basically, the ATC is complete.

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Here's a quick test with a few callsigns added.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

BTW you should be able to create alternative voice sets for different roles.

For example within DCS World\Sounds\Speech\Sound\RUS\Common\ATC there are 4 subfolders for 4 different Russian ATC voice overs. You should be able to mimic the same behavior for every speaker type in game rather than wholesale replace whatever is already there.

So move the default ATC into a folder named 1, then add modded stuff into 2, 3 etc.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

BTW you should be able to create alternative voice sets for different roles.

For example within DCS World\Sounds\Speech\Sound\RUS\Common\ATC there are 4 subfolders for 4 different Russian ATC voice overs. You should be able to mimic the same behavior for every speaker type in game rather than wholesale replace whatever is already there.

So move the default ATC into a folder named 1, then add modded stuff into 2, 3 etc.

That's great advice. How do you mimic the same behavior? Not sure I understand what you mean.

cheers,

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

So for a lot of the folders its basically:

\Sound\ENG\Common\ATC\allTheATCFiles

For Russia it is:

\Sound\RUS\Common\ATC\1\FilesForVoice1

\Sound\RUS\Common\ATC\2\FilesForVoice2

\Sound\RUS\Common\ATC\3\FilesForVoice3

So you should be able to create

\Sound\ENG\Common\ATC\1\DefaultGameATCVoice

\Sound\ENG\Common\ATC\2\YourNewATCVoice

\Sound\ENG\Common\ATC\3\AnotherNewATCVoice

Just compare and contrast the Russian VO files with the English ones, and you should see what I mean.

I understand the folder setup and have already started the process.

I was confused on the usage of "mimic". I thought I could use the same voice but somehow change it in game. That's great advice and I'm sure we can get at least four different ATC voices; hopefully a female or two as well.

Can the same procedure be used for AWACS and TANKER, or player voices?

cheers

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Possibly yeah. I've never tested it fully, but I'm fairly certain that is how the file structure is setup for audio.