Non-period aircraft in Normandy Map

Scarecrow84

• ED Team
Good luck landing your hornet on a grass runway. :music_whistling:

plenty of water in the English channel for a carrier ;)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hornet's the easy one - Try Eagles for something tougher! :)

plenty of water in the English channel for a carrier ;)

"You must spread reputation(...)"

Lord of Salt

beat me by one post flyinbBeagle!

Gonna have to make a variation of this glorious scene ... well, using other aircraft for now

Edited by Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

not all the airfields in Normandy are grass fields.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 1 month later...

Saab viggen should do it, and I think some of the airbases might be longer, because they flew strategic bombers out of them during the war.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C, FC3, P-51, BF-109, UH-1, MI-8, KA-50, M2000C, AJS-37, Gazelle, F-5E, L-39, F-86, MiG-15, MiG-21.

To put things into perspective, a WWII strategic bomber has about the same MTOW than F-15C (about 30 tons). Except it also has much lower takeoff and landing speeds.

I don't think Viggen was designed for unpaved runways. Short/provisional yes, but not grass.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I don't think Viggen was designed for unpaved runways. Short/provisional yes, but not grass.
Though F-5 was, just not much used as that.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

The Normandy Map dont Provide only unpaved Runways, Evreux in the Down South East Corner is a concret Runway as example..

And short Google provide another..

Seem's right of Le Havre is Saint Valery Vittefleur concrete Runway, possible at later Spot we get in England aswell

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27