Pre-order of Normandy'44?

YoYo

..was just wondering if once the move is done we could in our spare time tinker with old maps..thanks though...

Yep, if you keep 1.5x as a separate install, that should be possible. How exactly the merge happens I am not sure.

There are multiple options. From complete "new" install, that copies from your existing release and openalpha installs, to upgrading 2.0 openalpha to 2.5 openalpha and later 1.5 release to 2.5 release etc. we just don't know yet.

What I am pretty sure about, since the introduction of the updater it is pretty easy to revert back or move between versions now.

So if you can live with the additional install of DCS 1.5 in parallel with 2.5 it shouldn't be a problem to fly the old map in parallel... even after the release. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I am quite well aware of that. I have been around since the Flanker days, up through Black Shark and the original A-10C Nevada debacle, and on to the current days. And I am well aware of the "it'll be done when its done" philosophy. So what was proposed to be out by the end of 2016? DCS 2.5, the F/A-18, the Normandy map, and a CVN if I recall correctly. I realize ED has a lot of irons in the fire, but when you build a house you don't put the roof on before you build the foundation. Right now we have a lot of people running DCS 2 only, others running 1.5, some running both....and I appreciate they are trying to give us a better product with things like the upgrades to the Nevada map.....but the current state of multiple, incompatible versions is a mess. Imagine you are a newcomer to DCS World....how confusing and frustrating would all this be?

Agreed the split in the versions (1.5 & 2.0) is disruptive for me, I have lost controller bindings and simply don't like having two versions installed. The two versions getting separate updates at different times is annoying too. It's a mess, I do trust ED will deliver in 2.5 but the split versions and Alpha Nevada has been going on too long in my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Agreed the split in the versions (1.5 & 2.0) is disruptive for me, I have lost controller bindings and simply don't like having two versions installed. The two versions getting separate updates at different times is annoying too. It's a mess, I do trust ED will deliver in 2.5 but the split versions and Alpha Nevada has been going on too long in my humble opinion.

You can copy the keybinds from 1.5 to 2.0

Your userprofile/saved games/DCS/config/... Either complete, though, I would advise to just copy individual aircraft folders.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I think you guys are getting some things wrong. This is what I understand is happening in current DCS development:

DCS 1.2: old simulation engine (DX9 API), T3 map rendering (these are two different things) (retired)

DCS 1.5 GA (General Availability): EDGE simulation engine (DX11 API), T4 rendering (Caucasus map is (was) still completely setup for T3)

DCS 1.5 Beta: EDGE simulation engine (DX11 API), T4 rendering (developing leveraging EDGE technology)

DCS 2.0 Alpha: EDGE simulation engine (DX11 API), T5 rendering (NTTR map setup for T5 rendering, Normandy map is setup for T5 rendering)

Updates in EDGE are tested in 1.5 Beta and when stable are migrated into 1.5 GA for the public, and in to 2.0 Alpha (how development is migrated between 1.5 Beta and 2.0 Alpha I haven't actually read; it might actually go both ways depending on circumstances)

Currently the Caucasus map is being updated for migration to the T5 rendering engine. When this is complete, and the Normandy map is complete, and what ever ED needs to do in EDGE before they are ready, everything will be migrated into DCS 2.5 (EDGE simulation engine and T5 rendering engine)

Then we will have:

DCS 2.5 GA (free for download with free TF-51D, free SU-25T 'Frogfoot', and free Caucasus map in T5 quality

NTTR Nevada map T5 quality (DLC)

Normandy map T5 quality (DLC)

There is absolutely no reason to install 1.5 Beta, unless you want to help test and report issues, as there is no reason to install 2.0 Alpha unless you want early access to the NTTR map. YMMV.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I think you guys are getting some things wrong. This is what I understand is happening in current DCS development:

DCS 1.2: old simulation engine (DX9 API), T3 map rendering (these are two different things) (retired)

DCS 1.5 GA (General Availability): EDGE simulation engine (DX11 API), T4 rendering (Caucasus map is (was) still completely setup for T3)

DCS 1.5 Beta: EDGE simulation engine (DX11 API), T4 rendering (developing leveraging EDGE technology)

DCS 2.0 Alpha: EDGE simulation engine (DX11 API), T5 rendering (NTTR map setup for T5 rendering, Normandy map is setup for T5 rendering)

Updates in EDGE are tested in 1.5 Beta and when stable are migrated into 1.5 GA for the public, and in to 2.0 Alpha (how development is migrated between 1.5 Beta and 2.0 Alpha I haven't actually read; it might actually go both ways depending on circumstances)

Currently the Caucasus map is being updated for migration to the T5 rendering engine. When this is complete, and the Normandy map is complete, and what ever ED needs to do in EDGE before they are ready, everything will be migrated into DCS 2.5 (EDGE simulation engine and T5 rendering engine)

Then we will have:

DCS 2.5 GA (free for download with free TF-51D, free SU-25T 'Frogfoot', and free Caucasus map in T5 quality

There is absolutely no reason to install 1.5 Beta, unless you want to help test and report issues, as there is no reason to install 2.0 Alpha unless you want early access to the NTTR map. YMMV.

I am not getting anything wrong I am fully aware of the roadmap & schedule. The issue is the two installs being an inconvenience.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Well, if you consider that NTTR is not yet released, the inconvenience of installing 2.0 Alpha is to have early access to it.

What if ED said, "we'll give you early access to NTTR, but you have to use this secret, special, super advanced DCS installation ..." *whoa!!* it's not an inconvenience anymore, it's a privilege :D.

Anyway, not long now. Only about ...

;)

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

2.0 is more than just the NTTR map itself - the T5 tech is much kinder to my system than the current Caucasus.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All quiet on the "Eastern Front"...

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Then we will have:

No, we don't...

By the way, 2.5 is T4, not T5.

Shagrat

No, we don't...

Depends on which 'we' you are including yourself in. I was referring to the moaning about having to have multiple installations.

By the way, 2.5 is T4, not T5.

True, I got a bit ahead of myself there ;)

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

What happened to wild speculation about when we'll get news on Normandy?! Can we go back to that, I was finding it very therapeutic.

I'm really hoping Normandy breathes a lot of life into DCS WWII, I want some proper WWII campaigns to play through in my P-51D!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

What happened to wild speculation about when we'll get news on Normandy?! Can we go back to that, I was finding it very therapeutic.

I'm really hoping Normandy breathes a lot of life into DCS WWII, I want some proper WWII campaigns to play through in my P-51D!

Well said! I am eagerly awaiting Normandy as well and just purchased the P-51 in preparation. Hopefully the newsletter this Friday will bring us a big year end update and good news about the progress of the Normandy map.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Well said! I am eagerly awaiting Normandy as well and just purchased the P-51 in preparation. Hopefully the newsletter this Friday will bring us a big year end update and good news about the progress of the Normandy map.

+1 waiting normandy news, but i´m waiting with a 109, p51, 190 and spitfire.....and flying 109 more than all others.

That Spitfire trailer... can't stop watching it!

My new years resolution is to wave a virtual pitchfork around outside virtual ED HQ demanding Normandy news until we get word!

Happy new year all, now show us WWII fans some love ED!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My new years resolution is to wave a virtual pitchfork around outside virtual ED HQ demanding Normandy news until we get word!

You got a Rift for Christmas then! :D

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to Normandy release. It looks stunning......

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Should be on pre order anytime now. Cant wait. My wallet is ready!!!

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

I cant remember that there were 2 prepurchase periods at the same time. It seems like we have to wait until the viggen-prepurchase is over + maybe 1 week until the next starts, hopefully for the normandy map + 4 to 8 weeks until the normandy prepurchase period is over.

You better dont expect it before end of march.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Can't wait too. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I cant remember that there were 2 prepurchase periods at the same time. It seems like we have to wait until the viggen-prepurchase is over + maybe 1 week until the next starts, hopefully for the normandy map + 4 to 8 weeks until the normandy prepurchase period is over.

You better dont expect it before end of march.

Right. Usually pre purchase start one month before release. Would mean February, which its around the corner.

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

I can manage until then, at least if I can get a good WWII server with "player export" enabled for my motion sim I can! =p

I bought the Huey and the A-10C modules so I have some single player stuff to hopefully keep me entertained for a while while I wait.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

So if Normandy isn't coming until March (optimistically) than that means 2.5 will be... 2018?

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

• ED Team
So if Normandy isn't coming until March (optimistically) than that means 2.5 will be... 2018?

There are no release dates on either, so you dont know when anything is coming, 2.5 could drop before Normandy... we just dont know yet. Normandy team and the 2.5 team are not the same.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png