KIF utility

Johnny Dioxin

You're welcome :)

Update: I have managed to find the info I needed and have now uploaded the F-5E files for the kneeboard to the DCS User Files section.

I'll add the link to the first post when it has been approved. You can get the kneeboard files up to date from the dropbox link in the first post.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Excellent work. Thank-you for giving up your free time for the benefit of others. The F-5E is the next module on my list. Too many planes,,,,, Not enough brains....Knee-boards are a big help for me.

Cheers

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

Apologies, but I won't be supporting DCS or ED any more and I have removed all of my uploads from the User Files section. There won't be any more updates, but those who have this utility will of course be able to continue using it. Pleased to have been of help to you guys.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Apologies, but I won't be supporting DCS or ED any more and I have removed all of my uploads from the User Files section. There won't be any more updates, but those who have this utility will of course be able to continue using it. Pleased to have been of help to you guys.

What is the problem, that there people going away? I don't get it. You're not the first one.

Can somebody explain this?

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Oh dear. Not another one gone! What the heck happened?

Sorry to see you go Brix mate. Will you still be doing youtube vids?

Cheers

SD

The thing that upset me has been resolved, but I'm still very unhappy about how it came about. Yes, I'll be doing vids. Surprised anyone watches them, to be honest!

Ah, what a shame. Just recently installed it and find it very useful. I was very much looking for the Mirage/MiG-21 update.

But thank you very much for what you have created.

Thanks to you both - and the others who have pm'd me - for your comments, and seeing how this has helped people, I've decided to leave the latest version on Dropbox.

You never know, some new stuff may get uploaded there in future, as I actually need these myself.

Kneeboard Guides

Guys, on reflection I feel very sorry that I took this away because I was angry at something ED did. I'll keep adding stuff as I make it - keep an eye on the Dropbox page and on my YT channel for updates.

I am close to releasing the Mirage 2000C start-up checklist for KIF, which will be a text list and a pictorial guide - a comprehensive one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ik0ga9emhbli45/AADkGcqCEXD8R3CSw4Y0L4SZa?dl=0

Kneeboard Guides

• 2 weeks later...
... Yes, I'll be doing vids. Surprised anyone watches them, to be honest!

Hi,

Out of curiosity, what is the name of your channel? ... I enjoy watching DCS content on YT :)

Thanks

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Well there's not much on it in the way of action - usually laid back stuff with not too much happening :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrd5DYWQXIeMWeT34pwggTQ

Kneeboard Guides

• 3 weeks later...

Next update will be for FC3 - definitely Su-25/T stuff (text lists only for now) and more if I can fit it in.

After that will be Mirage 2000C nav, radar and payload along with Ka-50 ABRIS functions.

Kneeboard Guides

Next update will be for FC3 - definitely Su-25/T stuff (text lists only for now) and more if I can fit it in.

After that will be Mirage 2000C nav, radar and payload along with Ka-50 ABRIS functions.

Looking forward to the mirage stuff. Cant fly without this information on my kneebaord any more

Sitrep:

A-10A 'dumb' bombing, Su-25 & T start-up, taxi & take-off plus Su-25T SEAD ops all done.

Wanted to have it completed for today, but other things (Oculus Touch, DCS Spitfire and FlyInside Wiki) have all delayed things.

Hope to have FC3 completed by end of next weekend.

Kneeboard Guides

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I've not been well for a week or so and feeling really pukey (thanks for ASW, Oculus!) - so there's a delay for a while.

I have all the info collated, just need to put it into the kneeboard and quickly test it.

Kneeboard Guides

• 3 weeks later...

Still working on it - same excuse as above, but abdominal infection is even worse, believe me - and having a lot to do at the moment doesn't help, either. I'm lucky when I get time and feel up to flying a whole mission myself (just posted a vid of the Ka-50 Courier mission on YT) , but it is coming together, allbeit slowly. :)

Kneeboard Guides

• 2 weeks later...

The latest update has been uploaded this evening - you can find the individual files attached to this post. You can put these in any kneeboard folder - it only covers the Caucasus, though. This update is to help navigate around the Caucasus without removing the VR headset or needing to have Lino's Beacon Map (from which the data is all taken) open on another device.

The files can be read easily in VR and easily enough on a monitor, too, so even though they were made with VR in mind, you can use them regardless of how you enjoy your DCS World.

The link to the latest download is in the first post - I have made a video, showing what the update contains.

FC3 is next - I have some completed, but want to release the whole FC3 update in one package. Then the Ka-50 ABRIS and possibly Mirage guides in between.

Edited by Brixmis
files added

Kneeboard Guides