Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

• ED Team

I can see it now, a truck and some fuel barrels, a few tents, would be great

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes, we need to march to the Battle of the Bulge :)

:thumbup:

Yeah, one day I would love to see the Ardennes 44/45 in DCS. Current DCS WWII planeset would fit it almost perfectly and it would also be a great playground for both a2a and a2g fighter-bomber sorties. And with multi-engine medium bombers (B-25/B-26) if they ever come to DCS it would be even better.

Edited by do.st

I can see it now, a truck and some fuel barrels, a few tents, would be great

Yep.

By the way, here's some wind sock evidence, if needed. A21 Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer. If you can add that aircraft too, that'd be great. :D

A21.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Didnt ED tease a windsock a while ago on their Facebook page?

Oh? I'm not a very active fb participant. That'd be great news.

There are windsocks in NTTR so why not?

Shows that I don't spend enough time flying Nevada. Good to know.

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This airfield idea is great. On our CloD server we have a mission where the RAF has auxillary airfields in farmers fields. All it needed was some spawn points and some buildings. I don't see why we couldn't do this in DCS. It seems like an amazing potential for missions in this theatre.

S!

Flare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Being able to set up our own grass or dirt strips anywhere on the map would be great and for me a key element.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Yup, I would think all that will be available to any future maps.

windsocks is ever available in M.E caucase

Screen_160330_210918.thumb.jpg.6e59c778d8d1a66a7a4081ab14b114b7.jpg

Screen_160401_203017.jpg.5bac09148212c9c91f6bc8a65eabf932.jpg

Edited by snowsniper

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Instead of plunking down an airfield in any old field why not put them in the location future Allied ALGs would be located.

To late now but topo maps of France,

https://library.mcmaster.ca/maps/ww2/ww2_Fran_Belg_Holl_ndx100k.htm

Thanks for that, interesting to see old maps of where I am living, It kind of reinforces the notion that I was taught in school that in Belgium the majority spoke French rather than the Vlaams/Dutch that the majority do speak.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Instead of plunking down an airfield in any old field why not put them in the location future Allied ALGs would be located.

Very interesting.

There are similar maps of WW II Germany too:

https://library.mcmaster.ca/maps/ww2/ww2_Germany_ndx100k.htm

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Nice resource. Lots to look at on there. I like this map of Normandy.

http://digitalarchive.mcmaster.ca/islandora/object/macrepo%3A75472

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
If the circles with a dark center are major airfield and the plain circles are minor airfields on the McMaster Normandy map there should be no lack of airfields with 35 major and 55 minor counted.

What map?

What map?

I think MiloMorai means this one:

Nice resource. Lots to look at on there. I like this map of Normandy.

http://digitalarchive.mcmaster.ca/islandora/object/macrepo%3A75472

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Yes that would be a nice size.

The black ring circles look to be airfields > checked a few place names against Airfields%20-%20France.pdf

Nice catch. I think you're right. This has helped me find a few more airfields that seemed to exist up until the pre-Overlord bombing campain.

Interesting note: In the spring of 1944, Allied commanders commenced planning of Operation Overlord. By the beginning of May, airfields and usable landing grounds in an arc 130 miles around Caen, code named Area I, were marked for destruction by the Eighth Air Force, the AEAF, and the RAF Bomber Command.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]