TAW PUBLIC Dedicated Server Info

HiJack

Sorry for the late answer here Pikey ;) we have just tested so far. We would like to make it so we have "contracted" LotATC users for JTAC, AWACS and Ground/Tower on our public server. If you have any ideas for a setup I would like to work with you on a project like this.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would be happy to at least try something out.

Erm, well I like the way 104th did it, they had a couple of chaps for a given session and then made or announced it as an event. A bit like a radio station, they had a few hours manned.

For ABM's /Weapon Directors we have at least two folk at least that are capable. We met a few people in Blue Flag that could provide this as a service, plus I wonder if 132nd might be interested, i'd PM Neck too. I'd possibly check with the Blue Flag thread to see if there is a Russian capable one in case that's of interest to them, or if the other blue (or red) guys fancy doing an hour, we didn't get to meet them but i'm sure they were as capable.

Most folk that do this need only a couple of pointers to standardise, we can keep it simple by only offering canned responses to requests and keep the list very short like Bogey Dope, Picture, Spike and steering assistance/vector/Snaps, it's simpler than BF on pvp servers as generally they are less structured mission objectives.

The trick will be how to have an ABM active and then bring in JTAC's and ATC whilst remaining in a popular TeamSpeak configuration. Honestly, without Univers Radio I'm not sure its possible in the same channel on large numbers without a fairly extensive Team Speak setup. We are trying to move on from multiple TS instances to UR ourselves - which is pretty complex to organise. However for different types of missions that are not so much about Air quake you can use JTAC's and SCAR-C's running Restricted Operating Zones.

Personally I'd love to help in a community initiative such as this and i'm damn sure many others would be also.

Sorry for the late answer here Pikey ;) we have just tested so far. We would like to make it so we have "contracted" LotATC users for JTAC, AWACS and Ground/Tower on our public server. If you have any ideas for a setup I would like to work with you on a project like this.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

We welcome the use of radio mods on our public teamspeak server. Channels are created on both red and blue side for the following radios:

Aries Radio

Homepage: http://ariescon.com/

ED Forum: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104800

Simple Radio

GIT Hub: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadio

ED Forum: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2467431

UniversRadio

Homepage: http://tacnoworld.fr/universradio/

Public TeamSpeak: 37.59.10.136, password: wargames

We will be providing LotATC for public use also but we will regulate the acces to LotATC and also what information the controller can give out. If you are looking for a chance to be a ATC take contact with us on the TAW website. http://taw.net

• 1 month later...

We have added a new DCS server to our collection and this one is located in North America. Please join and try it out when you have time. You are all also welcome to join our public TeamSpeak for better team play.

Server information:

**** TAW.NET - EU Public server 1 **** - Connect by IP: 37.59.10.136:10308

**** TAW.NET - EU Public server 2 **** - Connect by IP: 94.23.218.90:10308

**** TAW.NET - NA Public server 1 **** - Connect by IP: 158.69.123.94:10308

You are free to use our public TeamSpeak: 37.59.10.136, password: wargames

Check out post number 1 please:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2557519&postcount=1

Have fun :pilotfly:

Added our Tacview and Track share to first post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2557519&postcount=1

Tacview and Track files:

We automatically upload Tacview and Track files from all rounds played on our server for all to download. We use these files for our members in training purposes and use the Online debriefing feature of Tacview to discuss tactics and how the mission went. Tracks can be used to create video representation of tactics or present a particular mission result. You can find the Tacview and Track files from the last 5 days in the following shares:

TAW - EU Public server 1 Tacview and Track files

TAW - EU Public server 2 Tacview and Track files

TAW - NA Public server 1 Tacview and Track files

Have fun :thumbup:

Our North American server is running DCS 2.0 and Nevada for now. Please test it out and report back any issues.

**** TAW.NET - NA Public server 1 **** - Connect by IP: 158.69.123.94:10308

Tacview and Track files:

TAW - NA Public server 1 Tacview and Track files

Happy flying :)

Edited by HiJack

• 3 weeks later...

Univers Radio ATIS Weather information channel is activated on both our EU servers. You will hear the weather report by joining an aircraft at Kutaisi (F-15C blue side) and changing VHF to 134.600. It currently runs the default METAR information from UniversRadio settings. You need to be in the same channel as the connected client to hear the information, so this only works on blue side for now. Install UniversRadio and try it out by connecting to one of our public EU servers and on our public TS3 server. The connected TS3 Channels have the user "SERVER1-ATIS" and "SERVER2-ATIS" in the channels, this is the communication device. The signal degrades the further away from Kutaisi you are.

Server information:

**** TAW.NET - EU Public server 1 **** - Connect by IP: 37.59.10.136:10308

**** TAW.NET - EU Public server 2 **** - Connect by IP: 94.23.218.90:10308

So again Kutaisi ATIS is on frequency 134.600

Default METAR: UGKO 181000Z AUTO 28010KT 9999 CAVOK 25/10 Q1014

ATIS vocal message will be :

“Good day, this is Kutaisi Airport information Charlie recorded at 1 0 0 0 UTC. Runway 0 7. Wind 0 8 0 at 1 0 knots, visibility more than 10 kilometers, Few 0 2 5, ceiling, Broken 0 5 0, Temperature 2 5 degrees, Dew point 1 4 degrees, QNH 1 0 1 3 hectopascal 2 9 decimal 92 inches of mercury , QFE 1 0 1 0 hectopascal 2 9 decimal 8 5 inches of mercury . Advise controller on initial contact that you have information Charlie.”

Good job by the Univers Radio programmers! :thumbup:

Happy flying! :pilotfly:

Edited by HiJack

• 1 month later...

I have added a new server to the TAW server pool that I hope will have some better Internet speed and a more powerful CPU. You will normally find the server in the server list but you can also use the direct connection by IP if the server does not show:

**** TAW.NET - EU Public server 3 **** - Connect by IP: 164.132.233.62:10308

The server is also set up to share Tacview and track files just after each round. You can find the files for this server here:

TAW - EU Public server 3 Tacview and Track files

Please check first post for full server list and Tacview file share.

Happy flying :)

Default METAR: UGKO 181000Z AUTO 28010KT 9999 CAVOK 25/10 Q1014

ATIS vocal message will be :

“Good day, this is Kutaisi Airport information Charlie recorded at 1 0 0 0 UTC. Runway 0 7. Wind 0 8 0 at 1 0 knots, visibility more than 10 kilometers, Few 0 2 5, ceiling, Broken 0 5 0, Temperature 2 5 degrees, Dew point 1 4 degrees, QNH 1 0 1 3 hectopascal 2 9 decimal 92 inches of mercury , QFE 1 0 1 0 hectopascal 2 9 decimal 8 5 inches of mercury . Advise controller on initial contact that you have information Charlie.”

...just in case somebody didn't saw already: the written METAR above is not the same like the vocal ATIS.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...just in case somebody didn't saw already: the written METAR above is not the same like the vocal ATIS.

It's taken directly from the UniversRadio documentation. I'm not sure the message that ATIS is relaying is the same as the text either :smilewink: They have worked on the ATIS service in the new update but I have not had time to test this out yet.

I'd be surprised if this hasn't been brought up before but...

What's with the constant hurricane strength winds? I know it's not every map but enough that it makes it annoying and sometimes impossible to fly helis. What I'm mainly talking about is the KA50 and hovering. It also is so strong that you have to hold a 20 degree correction into the wind to hold a heading.

Secondly, I believe it's only one map, but the fog. There's really no point in having strikers since no one can see a ground target. Maybe in an A10C with the TGP, but that's really about it.

Just some suggestions. I like most of the missions but those things kind of ruin it so I will only play 1 or 2 of the missions. I'd hate my life if I had to actually fly in turbulence as often as I see it on these missions. lol

Edited by BSS_Sniper

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I'd be surprised if this hasn't been brought up before but...

What's with the constant hurricane strength winds? I know it's not every map but enough that it makes it annoying and sometimes impossible to fly helis. What I'm mainly talking about is the KA50 and hovering. It also is so strong that you have to hold a 20 degree correction into the wind to hold a heading.

Secondly, I believe it's only one map, but the fog. There's really no point in having strikers since no one can see a ground target. Maybe in an A10C with the TGP, but that's really about it.

Just some suggestions. I like most of the missions but those things kind of ruin it so I will only play 1 or 2 of the missions. I'd hate my life if I had to actually fly in turbulence as often as I see it on these missions. lol

Thank you, we will check our mission settings. The missions on our servers all have different weather. You will find summer, winter, fog, wind, rain, etc... I do believe we also have missions with fair wind conditions among the 12 missions we currently run but we will do a recheck. :)

TAW EU server 1 is updated with today's OpenBeta patch. The server are running Integrity check with no exports enabled to test this new feature. You can still get the Tacview file right after the mission change from our online storage. We save the last 5 days of Tacview files for you to download so there is no reason for you to replay your track to create the Tacview file yourself. Check first post for link to file storage. :)

EDIT: I do publish track's as well so you can use these for video production. A small fix needed to update the last tracks but it will be done today.

Edited by HiJack

A wrong setting was discovered on the EU Public server 1, impostors is now OFF. Sorry for that.

The turbulence on all missions on EU server 1 is set to something between 0 and 10. Please test out if that is better for helicopter missions.

I hope this helps. :)

Edited by HiJack

Hi, Jack! HiJack!

can you please turn on "INS is always aligned" option for Mirages on TAW servers ?

Missions are so awesome on your servers, always want to hit ground objectives, which requires a fully aligned INS. And if it is possible, in Briefings give coords of targets not only in MGRS format, but in simple Lat/Lon format too

p.s.: JTACs would be kindly appreciated

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, Jack! HiJack!

can you please turn on "INS is always aligned" option for Mirages on TAW servers ?

Missions are so awesome on your servers, always want to hit ground objectives, which requires a fully aligned INS. And if it is possible, in Briefings give coords of targets not only in MGRS format, but in simple Lat/Lon format too

p.s.: JTACs would be kindly appreciated

Yes I will relay the information for INS settings to our mission designers.

Regarding JTAC there is no way to have control over who is using the features so we have not opened it up on public missions. We are currently working to get JTAC service up for our internal TAW event's. I will bring the public JTAC request in to our planning meeting tomorrow night and check what other TAW members think. Tank you for the request. :)

• Like 1

DCS Simple Radio Standalone is now configured up on a TAW server for testing. DCS Simple Radio Standalone can be used on any of our servers by setting IP 37.59.10.136 as the server address in client. Have fun :)

Edited by HiJack

Hi, Jack! HiJack!

Based on information from Chuck's guides I will ask our mission designer's to set "INS is always aligned" in the Mission editor for all Mirage aircrafts.

Ref:

attachment.php?attachmentid=143538&d=1467688959

Mirage_INS_WIP.thumb.PNG.20aa82f856a099b2c8bb921e992a39e3.PNG

it's an old version of guide. now full alignment takes 8 minutes. short alignment (precise enough for A-A missions) takes 4 minutes. and INS is already implemented in the mod

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it's an old version of guide. now full alignment takes 8 minutes. short alignment (precise enough for A-A missions) takes 4 minutes. and INS is already implemented in the mod

OK, then we don't change anything as the aircraft is simulated as it should work IRL. Thanks for the information.

OK, then we don't change anything as the aircraft is simulated as it should work IRL. Thanks for the information.

ok then

any mirage on the server, that wants to perform a-g missions will have to wait 8 minutes on the ground. imagine how many players would want to do that...

there's a special option in settings "INS is always aligned" - it has been implemented specially for online servers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]