"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg/Xcom , the campaign is looking great and very stable.

i was flying a bit this week and i got some notes:

1. we need more slots for Lonewolf / un-reserved for Attack planes and Helicopter.

if i need to take a UH1H from Kobuleti somewhere farther than sector 4 it could take hours

2. more AI response , at the moment 2 players (1 attack and 1 helo) can take over all the map within hours if there is no players logged on from other team

3. Air refuel planes.

4. more ground elements for tactical command?

p.s

the the Buddyspike website and the real-time campaign map is simply amazing! ED should take notes.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Count me in please.

Welcome!

Got the lists updated in the 1st post with all the new registered pilots.

1. we need more slots for Lonewolf / un-reserved for Attack planes and Helicopter.

if i need to take a UH1H from Kobuleti somewhere farther than sector 4 it could take hours

Done! :thumbup:

2. more AI response , at the moment 2 players (1 attack and 1 helo) can take over all the map within hours if there is no players logged on from other team

More AI will be added unfortunately only if we ensure stability first with tha latest version of the mission but it's not so easy to take all over the map with only 2 aircraft :D There are the AI intercepts & you must destroy a lot of units between specific minutes before they get repaired & of course before someone will jump into the server and intercept you.

Also we hope there will be many interested pilots for a persistant world scenario in DCS World so the server should be busy on the official start. :)

3. Air refuel planes.

Will check out for this.

Will publish a guide asap showing also some nice features for the tactical commanders :)

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Greg/Xcom , the campaign is looking great and very stable.

i was flying a bit this week and i got some notes:

3. Air refuel planes.

p.s

the the Buddyspike website and the real-time campaign map is simply amazing! ED should take notes.

Thanks Tomer for the feedback, we are putting in considerable time in order to get this running as smooth as possible so when it goes up 24/7 we have it as stable as we can.

If anyone else has any feedback from the test run, please let us know as soon as you can so we can do what we can.

Thanks!

If anyone else has any feedback from the test run, please let us know as soon as you can so we can do what we can.

Thanks!

Trigger messages (INTEL) in my opinion too quickly disappear. We can`t get to read it.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Trigger messages (INTEL) in my opinion too quickly disappear. We can`t get to read it.

Yes about the INTEL messages:

i was flying around and killing units around a FARP and city and got the messages they were ready to takeover, but i had to logoff.

1. can we get a radio menu to give us current INTEL?

2. for how long are those locations free for takeover before ground units respawn?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Falcon, we are reworking some of the messages and the time they are displayed.

Yes about the INTEL messages:

i was flying around and killing units around a FARP and city and got the messages they were ready to takeover, but i had to logoff.

1. can we get a radio menu to give us current INTEL?

2. for how long are those locations free for takeover before ground units respawn?

1. It's a good idea, we might do PAKs info, for example you will have in the menu an option to select a intel on a specific PAK, once you select you would be able to see airbase/FARP/City info in that PAK, PAKs are shown in the buddyspike website.

2. Repair is done between 20-30 minutes for each group in any task (aerodrome/FARP/city).

header%20basic_zpshmjhbzte.jpg

To all Buddy Spike registered members and anyone who wishes to join.

Tonight ( Thursday 20/08 ) we will run an introduction scenario, Operation Kraken.

This missions sole purpose is to meet and greet all the newly joined members to the Buddy Spike website and have some fun in a nice multiplayer mission.

These kind of missions will be published occasionally for the Buddy Spike community so we can get to know each other and be familiar with what kind of multiplayer experience is sought out by most of you.

Every buddy is welcome, Lonewolfs or Squadrons.

We really hope to create a new home for DCS and flight enthusiasts who look for well organized online events and at the same time some good casual and fun experience.

Operation Kraken - Briefing

*Briefing is also available in the attached PDF.

Date/Time :

DAY: 20th AUGUST THURSDAY

TIME: 20:00 ZULU TIME

General :

During the last days Insurgent forces launched a series of attacks inside the Russian territory.

They succeed to capture areas in the Caucasus region with the support of fighter jets that they

occupied during their organised attacks. The Russian government requested assistance of the

allies in order to push back the Insurgent forces and reclaim their lands.

Mission's Primary mission target :

- Clear the area near Novorossiysk from enemy ground units

- Transport troops at Novorossiysk airbase and reoccupy it

- Seek and destroy enemy units that may try to reach Novorossiysk airbase

- Support 2x friendly convoys (human & triggered controled) to their way from

Krymsk to Novorossiysk

Victory conditions :

- 50 engineers must be transported successfully & safe to Novorossiysk.

- Keep the area clean from enemy ground units.

- Keep the friendly convoys alive during their mission.

Ground groups

- AXE (Under the command of – A-10C's (Package 11/21 / KA-50's Package 11)

- DARKNIGHT (Under the command of – A-10C's (Package 31/41 / KA-50's Package 21 )

*You will be briefed about the group routes during the Teamspeak briefing.

Aircraft slots / tasks

A-10C's : Clear the area near Novorossiysk in order to clear the way for the transport missions. Keep the friendly units

safe from enemy ground units that may try to reach the area. Order the friendly ground convoy's to move, hold,retreat depending on enemy threats. (F-10 Radio Menu)

SU-25T's : Execute SEAD missions to Novorossiysk to take down all enemy SAM units. Once SAM groups are destroyed execute CAS missions along with the A-10C's groups.

KA-50's : Escot the transport helicopters on their way to Novorossiysk.Clear the road and watch for enemy air defenses. Move through the central road (low altitude) to avoid surprises.

UH-1H's / Mi-8': Transport friendly units to Novorossiysk in order to make the airbase active again. Move through the central road (low altitude) to avoid surprises. Your load zone is at Krymsk.

INTEL :

– Groups of SA-15 at Novorossiysk area

– Groups of SA-19 at Novorossiysk area

– Enemy AAA and SA-9's in the area

– Tank groups guaring the airbase

Communication Plan:

- Taxi clearance to active runway

- Takeoff clearance from active runway

- Inform packages about departure

- Call for reaching safe area

- Call for initiating CAS Pattern and waiting for Call

- Respond to GCI calls

- Communication with GCI

- Call for RTB

Abort Criteria :

-SAM units still active in the target area

CSAR availability:

There are no CSAR helicopters available for this mission.

Active Runways:

Krasnodar_Center.jpg Krymsk.jpg

SAM Threats:

OSA.jpg

TOR.jpg

Enemy Vehicles:

VEHICLES.jpg

See you Tonight at 18:30 Zulu time at the Buddy Spike TS.

Our Teamspeak is password free, all are welcome to use it and get to know each other -

TS Server IP - 89.163.173.82:1337

Operation Kraken briefing.pdf

Fantastic mission. It was too much fun!

P.S. Damned you Greg, for shooting me so many times! lol

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Thanks all for joining! It was really nice :)

Looking forward for the next event before the official release of the PvP Campaign.

Just a moment before I fly straight in to a AAA.

P.S. Damned you Greg, for shooting me so many times! lol

Cameras were on :D You can hear our passionate Combined arms member Highspeed as he spots targets. :D

NXNBNEvNPRo

That was a fun night.

Here's the detail for Vodka Squadron registration.

Squadron name: Vodka Squadron

Active pilots number: 5

Pilots callsigns: Wolfakov, LazzySeal, Svaroginov, Tomcat, Linovski

Our squadron isn't officially launched but we fly on a daily basis during weekdays. From next time i'll have a quite heavy work schedule so you may only see the four others. From November on, we'll integrate way more pilots.

We are flying russian side, mainly soviet era hardware.

Hey guys.

Thanks all for registering. Will put you now on the lists.

We plan to start the campaign officially on the 28th of August. That's next Friday.

Will announce it properly asap.

Nice video Squirrel :thumbup:

Sunday Final Stress test

Tonight at 19:00 zulu time we are going to host our final stress test in order to launch officialy the 24/7 PvP Campaign.

Please check the SOP about the features of the campaign.

Operation "Blue Flag" SOP: http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/Briefings/Buddy%20Spike/SOP%20OPERATION%20BLUE%20FLAG.pdf

Web based Campaign Map : http://opblueflag-buddyspike.rhcloud.com/

Teamspeak IP: 89.163.173.82:1337

No password needed.

You are all welcome to join the server (373vFS DCS Server) and teamspeak.

See you there!

Edited by gregzagk