JU-87D-5/G-2

Ohgr

If oghr was indeed said individual, then him coming out and making an unofficial claim , would that not be a breach of contract or agreement with polychop? To me that just seems unprofessional. I am not doubting his work nor am I stating that his decision was wrong. It just seems odd to me that an ex member of a highly regarded 3pd is coming out with these loose ended comments as such. I will await official word from Polychop itself before taking the words of a non 3pd member as set in stone.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

@Oberfeldwebel Elmo: you are correct on that one and there are reasons why we have NDAs.

Basically it is all a bit complicated or not. Depends on which side of the row you stand :-)

:pilotfly:

@Oberfeldwebel Elmo: you are correct on that one and there are reasons why we have NDAs.

Basically it is all a bit complicated or not. Depends on which side of the row you stand :-)

Sorry you guys have to deal with this.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 5 months later...

well that is a real bummer considering I was looking forward to this bird and it really fits the Normandy map. Now I wont buy the map since the Stuka is nerfed.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Nothing has been cancelled yet. For me the stuka is more likely on a longer hault, or more a maybe status, cause at the moment we have no germn speaking coder and a translation of all the manuals available would cost around 65000 - 80000 € without any 0 or 1 programmed on the stuka so you see the mainissue. Starting the 3d model all over is not a big deal. it is a fairly easy plane.

Nothing has been cancelled yet. For me the stuka is more likely on a longer hault, or more a maybe status, cause at the moment we have no germn speaking coder and a translation of all the manuals available would cost around 65000 - 80000 € without any 0 or 1 programmed on the stuka so you see the mainissue. Starting the 3d model all over is not a big deal. it is a fairly easy plane.

In short, you are saying among the lines that we will very hardly see Stuka in DCS , sin...

No no, they only need a german coder! Or a coder that understands german! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro - Asus Z370 Prime A - i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz - 32 GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift CV1 - HOTAS Warthog - CH Pro Pedals

Puukko - Kossu - HK Sininen Lenkki

I just want to say that even though I am not a CAS type of guy, I think that Ju-87 would be major change for DCS WW2 and would bring a lot more to the table. The game would have it's first dedicated ground pounder and would give German teams something to do the job, as they have no good CAS.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I just want to say that even though I am not a CAS type of guy, I think that Ju-87 would be major change for DCS WW2 and would bring a lot more to the table. The game would have it's first dedicated ground pounder and would give German teams something to do the job, as they have no good ground pounder.

+1

It would be very useful as Jabo is missing...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

You don't need a German speaking coder to do the project. There are more than enough reference materials available on the Stuka already translated into English. A great reference is the Eddie J. Creek and Richard J. Smith collection. Also, simply writing a letter to the Smithsonian will often get you much more info than you thought. I am sure that even in Germany you can find valuable information in English as well.

Polychop is a very small team and we have our hands full on getting the Gazelle up to snuff and developing the Kiowa. We've expanded the team to be able to do both mostly in parallel (new flight model is the exception here) but taking on another project without expanding again is simply impossible with the assets we have. The community has been very clear on their stance towards starting another project while work on a previous module can be considered unfinished. We took that lesson to heart. Message received loud and clear. That is not to say the JU-87D-5 will never be done, it simply is on hold for now.

• Like 1

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]