F15 to a Newbie

jack72

I have played some of the older DCS titles A-10, black shark, but that is such a long time ago, I have forgotten most of what I know...

I want to get back into flying the F15, but so much has changed since the last time I was in DCS anything. Now we have DCS World 2.0 and Nevada training...wow..I am so confused.

To get back into this as the F15 starting point, what do I need to be up to date. Is there any training missions as well to teach me the start-up procedures, best way to enter a dog fight etc etc.

Hi and welcome back to DCS :)

These guides should help you remember the F-15:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329617142

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/dcs-f-15c-combat-guide-for-beginners-by-sryan-very-img-heavy/2063

.... and on YouTube:

:D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks,

Although I said I was a newbie, I am not a newbie to the cockpit,

Most of the information I know, it is more of getting proficient in finding the enemy without being caught like a deer in headlights, BVR engagement, A/A and A/G missile avoidance and launched missile defeat.

Most if that is practice, but are there missions that help you progress from easy to harder situations.

Do I need to get the DCS world for this or is that an add-on for much later.

Thanks

OK.

I can get the F15, and DCS World 1.5.

Does DCS World 1.5 have specific campaigns to F15 or training missions?

Would I be able to use the F-15C 16-2 Red Flag Campaign ?

In the download section it shows the DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map. Is that the same one you are talking about earlier that is compatible for DCS 2.0 only?

The other thing that I wanted to get better at is using the radio for nav and battle. In A10C it was very confusing. A10C also had WP and TP that you could enter during flight as the situation changes, This would allow you to better prioritize targets. Does F15 have that as well? If so are there people that can setup one on one tutoring to help teach you in real time rather than watching videos.

Edited by jack72

The F-15 has a campaign in 1.5, missions too, and you can download user made missions here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

If you want to use that campaign, you have to download DCS 2.0 and BUY if you haven't have it already also the NTTR map, otherwise you can't use DCS 2.0

The F-15 has easy comms. You can't change the frequency, everything is handled automaticaly, you only have to select who you want to call and that's it.