[RESOLVED]can't show different liveries in the Model Viewer

Hollow_Point

Hey guys,

First post. I started playing DCS last month and have been going HAM on learning the Hornet. I feel like I deserve to treat myself with a custom livery for the plane.

At any rate, when I load up modelviewer 2 for the latest version of DCS (steam) the liveries for the Hornet won't load. I tried other planes and they work just fine. Also, looking in the game, hornet has tons of liveries depending on the contry. I only see five liveries under "f_a-18c" in liveries Tool Plugin and none of them load.. I also sometimes get an error..

Any clues? Bug? So frustrating..

14:16:43 INFO: DCS log enabled!

14:16:43 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

3.5743 TRACE lua_loadfile ModelViewer2::createLua: Config\ModelViewer\DefaultAnimation.lua

3.7618 TRACE lua_loadfile ModelViewer2::createLua: C:\Users\Artem\Saved Games\edModelViewer2\autoexec.lua

3.7619 TRACE lua_loadfile ModelViewer2::createLua: Config/ModelViewer/autoexec.lua

3.7621 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua ----------------------------------------------------------------

3.7621 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua scan for textures and liveries

4.5408 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua ----------------------------------------------------------------

7.1595 ERROR EDCORE Can't mount mods/terrains/caucasus/vfstextures/trees.zip. Drivers errors:

7.1595 ERROR EDCORE EDCDriver: there is no directory mods/terrains/caucasus/vfstextures/trees.zip.edc

7.1595 ERROR EDCORE FSDriver: there is no directory mods/terrains/caucasus/vfstextures/trees.zip

7.1595 ERROR EDCORE ZipDriver: Can't open zip archive mods/terrains/caucasus/vfstextures/trees.zip.

7.1664 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua scan done

7.1664 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua ----------------------------------------------------------------

7.2744 INFO DX11BACKEND resize to resolution 1267x658

14:17:03 WARNING: QFileSystemWatcher::removePath: path is empty

23.5221 ERROR EDCORE Can't mount d:/games/steamapps/common/dcsworld/coremods/aircraft/fa-18c/shapes/textures. Drivers errors:

23.5221 ERROR EDCORE EDCDriver: there is no directory d:/games/steamapps/common/dcsworld/coremods/aircraft/fa-18c/shapes/textures.edc

23.5221 ERROR EDCORE FSDriver: there is no directory d:/games/steamapps/common/dcsworld/coremods/aircraft/fa-18c/shapes/textures

23.5221 ERROR EDCORE ZipDriver: Can't open zip archive d:/games/steamapps/common/dcsworld/coremods/aircraft/fa-18c/shapes/textures.zip.

23.5403 ERROR EDCORE Can't open file 'd:/games/steamapps/common/dcsworld/coremods/aircraft/fa-18c/shapes/fa-18c.lods.ilv' from fs.

23.5403 ERROR EDCORE Can't open file 'd:/games/steamapps/common/dcsworld/coremods/aircraft/fa-18c/shapes/fa-18c.lods.ilv' from fs.

23.5403 WARNING VIEWERCOMMON file d:/games/steamapps/common/dcsworld/coremods/aircraft/fa-18c/shapes/fa-18c.lods.ilv not found

23.5411 TRACE EFFECTS creating ODCSParticleSystem effect

23.5411 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND render target 'cockpitDepth' not found

24.6540 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND texture 'MISSING_TEXTURE_COMPARATOR_THIS_IS_NOT_ERROR' not found. Asked from 'VIEWERCOMMON'

24.6549 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND texture 'MISSING_TEXTURE_normal_COMPARATOR_THIS_IS_NOT_ERROR' not found. Asked from 'VIEWERCOMMON'

55.7624 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND texture 'Color: 0, 0, 0, 0' not found. Asked from 'VIEWERCOMMON'

The Hornet textures are in "FA-18C_hornet" not "f_a-18c". It's a bit further down the list in the Liveries Tool. ;)

I'd the same problem. Would be nice if ED would clean up this. :smilewink:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Yeah, the internal namings, terms, file folder structure should be refreshed, resorted and standardized, cleaned up, since there's still stuff tied to legacy Caucasus, and stuff like this confuses the mod community, but I guess it's low priority obviously.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I gotta laugh, and please i mean no offence to anybody posting here already but...

I have just came from the new Marianas map thread where people are up in arms about wasted resources and then i come here and see you guys complaining about this stuff needing sorted out?

Safe to say the ED team are probably tearing their hairs out with the variety of demands from the community :P :P :P

Cool thing is though they will most likely get round to sorting this stuff out now that you have asked anyway, because they seem a decent bunch like that

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[REPORTED]can't show different liveries in the Model Viewer

The Livery Tool in the model viewer unfortunately won't show the appropiate livery folder anymore for many aircraft models. Really a pain if you want to make liveries.

• ED Team

It was broken it should be fixed now.

let me know

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Same issue here. Doing a F-5E-3 livery and I cant get any F-5 model livery to load from E model or standard. Yesterday I was able to get the standard F-5 to load but not the F-5E-3, now it even struggles to do that.

Can load most other aircraft liveries, now and then it needs to be restarted to detect them...beyond annoying having to judge changes on a mission editor livery preview - please fix.

I did notice with other aircraft the livery wont load majority of the time unless i use the .edm instead of .lods like I see done in video's. F-5E-3 does not have a f-5e3.edm but has 4 sequential f-5e3_lod_0#.edm files none showing a livery.

• ED Team

Hi

it is reported and I have asked the team to check

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

In the last beta liveries are working properly.

I would like to turn off some of the bookmarks, how do I do that thank you.

MDV.thumb.JPG.ef34f437d8821e8c6c0fa980b73f406b.JPG

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• 3 weeks later...

I still cannot get the liveries tool to show up in the Model Viewer. When I select it from tools, the main MV window deselects as if the liveries tool window has opened, but nothing is opened.

This is pretty damn frustrating.

• ED Team
I still cannot get the liveries tool to show up in the Model Viewer. When I select it from tools, the main MV window deselects as if the liveries tool window has opened, but nothing is opened.

This is pretty damn frustrating.

go to C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\edModelViewer2

rename it to keep it as a backup C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\edModelViewer2backup

restart model viewer and select livery tool from top bar, let me know if it helps

thanks

go to C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\edModelViewer2

rename it to keep it as a backup C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\edModelViewer2backup

restart model viewer and select livery tool from top bar, let me know if it helps

thanks

only way to solve eit was to move the folder elsewhere... when I renammed It it doesn't make a new one ...

solved ! than you so much !

• 2 weeks later...