DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

If they push back Mosquito because of Corona, I'm fine with that. I recall there's a certain Mosquito pilot who's input (and name is in this thread) is critical. They could release with "fm to be refined later" maybe.

I played an arcadish WW2 game 20 years ago. B-17, B-25, Me-110, lots more could be multicrewed and yet it seldom happened (there was a storied husband / wife team though ...). Seldom even in "Scenarios" (reenactments), with 60 ppl, do we get 25 B-17 or 5? What's my point? Focus on single pilot usage, multicrew can be refined with time.

I'm soo looking forward to the first multi piston DCS quality plane. Almost as much as the first tail dragger carrier plane. I'm more into DCS for the actual flight and systems simulation, more so than shooting stuff up.

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

I'm soo looking forward to the first multi piston DCS quality plane. Almost as much as the first tail dragger carrier plane. I'm more into DCS for the actual flight and systems simulation, more so than shooting stuff up.

I like shooting stuff but I like not shooting stuff too. DCS is such a better platform for systems and flightmodels that I wish they'd target the xplane/fs2020 crowd more. Instead of saying "we're not making that plane because you can fly it better elsewhere". DCS is the best place to fly anything. Im excited or the Mossie though because its kinda a step in thay direction.

I like shooting stuff but I like not shooting stuff too. DCS is such a better platform for systems and flightmodels that I wish they'd target the xplane/fs2020 crowd more. Instead of saying "we're not making that plane because you can fly it better elsewhere". DCS is the best place to fly anything. Im excited or the Mossie though because its kinda a step in thay direction.

Lotta interest could be gained from transport aircraft, beech 18, percival pembroke, cargo variants of heavy bombers, c130s and so many more, wonder if we can expect any medium bombers or attack aircraft such as the b25 or a26 now the mosquito is here, i suspect unlikely

Lotta interest could be gained from transport aircraft, beech 18, percival pembroke, cargo variants of heavy bombers, c130s and so many more, wonder if we can expect any medium bombers or attack aircraft such as the b25 or a26 now the mosquito is here, i suspect unlikely

Our best bet would probably be the Ju-88 to have a reciprocal aircraft, but I doubt we'll ever see an aircraft with more than 2 crew. I thought multicrew had been promised on the Mosquito but I recently saw that walked back in Discord by I think bignewy. Don't ban if I got that wrong...

• Like 1

In the latest update the news was that the team were linking the nine fuel tanks. In the Air Ministryy pilot's notes I have the FB VI is described as having ten fuel tanks, with options for three more. Maybe it was a typo but it its modelled as nine and not 10 perhaps it should be corrected.

In the latest update the news was that the team were linking the nine fuel tanks. In the Air Ministryy pilot's notes I have the FB VI is described as having ten fuel tanks, with options for three more. Maybe it was a typo but it its modelled as nine and not 10 perhaps it should be corrected.

Regarding the fuel tanks:

4588f685cffb627e99b570c86ab9a6e9.thumb.jpg.1762185d13853d2e236dbab96b5ded47.jpg

Off the top of my head I remember 9 fuel tanks. They had the ability to add more in the bomb bay, but I think that in the FB.VI that option was only used for ferrying if at all.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Multicrew would be nice but I don't care if it doesn't have it. Even with multiple crew available I think most people will be flying thier own plane most of the time. I don't think there would be much for the second person to do anyway. Would still be fun though.

• Like 1

So what's the deal with the 2nd seat? It has a pilot and navigator, but I'm guessing ED isn't gonna make this a two-seater. If that's the case, do we have a jester-like setup or is it gonna be 1 guy doing 2 jobs like the huey/mi8?

well, 3 for mi8

Well, if you leave the function of "your plane on the F-10 map", you got the function of the second guy pretty much covered ;)

Off the top of my head I remember 9 fuel tanks. They had the ability to add more in the bomb bay, but I think that in the FB.VI that option was only used for ferrying if at all.

After checking, I can see the source of the confusion - FB.VI has 8 tanks in the wings: 2 outboard of the engine and 2 inboard, in each wing. It also has a small fuselage tank behind the cockpit, so that is 9.

However, the fuselage tank is split into left and right sections, so it could be counted as 2 for a total of 10. I could not find if the two halves of this tank are always drained together, or could the be drained individually, making then two separate tanks.

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

Anyone fancy a cookie...?

OK, so let’s get the FBVI out... but I’m also sure that a future BIV / IX / XVI would also be very well received!

If ED brought out a bomber version, would that make it the delivery vehicle for the biggest bomb in DCS World?? (conventional of course)

Anyone fancy a cookie...?

OK, so let’s get the FBVI out... but I’m also sure that a future BIV / IX / XVI would also be very well received!

If ED brought out a bomber version, would that make it the delivery vehicle for the biggest bomb in DCS World?? (conventional of course)

i for one would love to see other varients, mollins 57mm cannon, 4000lb bomb would be neat, i do wonder how much modifications it would take to make these. i.e how different they are physically.

OT, but relevant to me... so any help appreciated

My lifelong interest in aircraft was sparked by a relative who flew during WW2. He never talked about people, raids, squadrons etc, but was happy to regale a young lad with stories about the aircraft he flew.

Nearly 40 years after he passed away I am trying to find out more - which squadrons and raids he flew on etc. He flew the Stirling, Lancaster, and later, the Mossie. He talked fondly of the Stirling and Mosquito - very much from the pilot’s perspective / handling.

I think he was involved with target marking, but talked of a rivalry with the PFF (possibly 5 Group?). One raid he did talk about was Peenemunde.

I’m not a direct descendant, so can’t access official records, frustratingly. He has one son who I sort of know, but is now elderly himself - any pointers for research? (I do know his 2 RAF service No.s)

OT, but relevant to me... so any help appreciated

My lifelong interest in aircraft was sparked by a relative who flew during WW2. He never talked about people, raids, squadrons etc, but was happy to regale a young lad with stories about the aircraft he flew.

Nearly 40 years after he passed away I am trying to find out more - which squadrons and raids he flew on etc. He flew the Stirling, Lancaster, and later, the Mossie. He talked fondly of the Stirling and Mosquito - very much from the pilot’s perspective / handling.

I think he was involved with target marking, but talked of a rivalry with the PFF (possibly 5 Group?). One raid he did talk about was Peenemunde.

I’m not a direct descendant, so can’t access official records, frustratingly. He has one son who I sort of know, but is now elderly himself - any pointers for research? (I do know his 2 RAF service No.s)

I don't know about foreign laws with regard to that subject, but if you're a relative maybe you can access that info either, did you try yet? Anyhow, if you know a son even though elder, isn't there any grandson for instance to ask for it? I could easily get my grandfather's service record by the way (nothing to do with WWII). Or maybe some researcher on the subject (which should be able to reach the archives as a researcher) can help you, museums' staff, etc.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Regarding the fuel tanks:

Interesting. Where does this come from?

However, I don’t think that this comes from FB.VI - the fuselage tanks are too big. 68 gallons is probably from a bomber or phororecce variant (should be 25 gal). Also, I think that the wing tanks of FB.VI were of pairs of equal size tanks.

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

Interesting. Where does this come from?

However, I don’t think that this comes from FB.VI - the fuselage tanks are too big. 68 gallons is probably from a bomber or phororecce variant (should be 25 gal). Also, I think that the wing tanks of FB.VI were of pairs of equal size tanks.

It come from

"The Mosquito pocket manual"

https://ospreypublishing.com/the-mosquito-pocket-manual?___store=osprey_rst

Does DH.98 have a chance to come out this year?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.