DCS: UH-1H Videos

wess24m

The video of mission 4 of the Worlds Apart is now online. To avoid double post, I simply post the link to the orginal post on the Worlds Apart forum thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4051107&postcount=26

And in case you missed the video of mission 2:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4044032&postcount=19

(Sorry, I did not create a video for mission 1 and 3...lack of good video material).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

DCS World has a quick "difficult" mission for the Huey. I flew it and recorded the cockpit. Sure was a challenge but great fun!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

• 2 weeks later...

WORLDS APART Spring / Mission1

This video shows Mission 1 from the developer's point of view.

It is 100% complete and uncut.

If you struggle with the mission or your, not sure what's next this is the best and reliable source you can get. ; )

Always happy landings ;)

Bell UH-1 Tutorial 5 / first takeoff and landing

Takeoff, landing, and hover a helicopter is a pretty complicated task, and on a PC, it is even harder than in real life.

This is a step by step explanation, and fast progress will be guaranteed if you follow the advice given seriously. Watching Tutorial 1 to 4 in advance will also be a good idea.

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

WORLDS APART Spring / Mission 2

This video shows Mission 2 from the developer's point of view.

The Video contains voice-overs; you won't find in the 2019 version of the Mission because we made significant improvements, and one of them is additional voice-overs.

The official update expected to release in January 2020.

Also, the landing spots for WOLF 1 has slightly changed.

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

WORLDS APART Spring / Mission 3

This video shows Mission 3 from the developer's point of view.

The video contains voice-overs; you won't find in the 2019 version of the Mission because we made significant improvements, and one of them is additional voice-overs.

The official update expected to be released by ED in January 2020.

Always happy landings ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Great video! Not bad for a first timer.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This video shows Mission 5-2 from the developer's point of view.

It is 100% complete and uncut. Including a nearby crash ; )

The video contains voice-overs; you won't find in the 2019 version of the Mission because we added more guidance and help as additional voice-overs.

The mission update is expected to be released by ED in April 2020.

If you struggle with the Mission or your, not sure what's next this is the best and reliable source you can get. ; )

Corona is impacting our ability to finish the updates for missions 4 and 5-1 but they will be there as soon as possible.

Always happy landings ;)

Vegas Tour and bumpy landings

Trying to get back in the Huey. Landings and hovering were never my strong point. :joystick:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

No violence, just Vegas and the Hoover Dam

• 2 months later...

Bell UH-1 Tutorial 1 / Combat Takeoff and Landing

What is the difference between a normal takeoff / normal landing and his combat counterparts?

The answer is for sure pretty simple and maybe supprising for you. :smilewink:

By the way.

I am not a military pilot and never flown even combat like missions. But it is not that difficult to see the differences.

Is this the right time to talk about Combat takeoff and landing during flight training. Maybe not in the first few.

But there is another, more vital aspect that needs to point at any time.

Fling a helicopter is not only moving an aircraft from one place to another, which is only a matter of training. More critical is that fling a helicopter is, much more than an airplane, a constant decision-making process.

Always happy landings ;)

What is the difference between a normal takeoff / normal landing and his combat counterparts?

The answer is for sure pretty simple and maybe supprising for you. :smilewink:

By the way.

I am not a military pilot and never flown even combat like missions. But it is not that difficult to see the differences.

Is this the right time to talk about Combat takeoff and landing during flight training. Maybe not in the first few.

But there is another, more vital aspect that needs to point at any time.

Fling a helicopter is not only moving an aircraft from one place to another, which is only a matter of training. More critical is that fling a helicopter is, much more than an airplane, a constant decision-making process.

Military flying instruction includes tactical trainning sessions such as tactical take offs and tactical landings (U, O and quick stop i.e.) that the pilot needs to practice to get combat ready status.

BLACK ANGELS Training Part 2 / German audio

After work, the pleasure.

Launch from a carrier group in the Persian Gulf. 🤿

Our mission: Destruction of an enemy camp and destruction of supply convoys. :cowboy:

We split up and manned 2 gazelles, which are mainly to take out the enemy air defense and heavily armored vehicles.

In the video, we concentrate on the UH-1 of Aardvark, but that's about all the explanation.

Have fun

Always happy landings ;)

• 1 month later...

Bell UH-1 Tutorial 7 / HOVER nice and easy

Most newbies in the helicopter world believe Hover ist the most challenging and most important thing to learn. :lol:

And if you watched my previous videos and followed the advice given, and of course, train allots, you are already able to hover.

But there is still something to say about hovering —how to get into it the right and easy way and how to train and improve it.

To be honest, Many of you may not follow my advice,:music_whistling: and instead, they are trying to achieve a faster success or at least have instant fun flying around. :pilotfly:

Therefore let's start again with some basics. This video may be a review of already explained steps, but this time only focused on how to hover.

Always happy landings ;)

BLACK ANGELS / GROUND ATTACK 4 / English Version / MISSION TEST

Even though most of them are not yet 4 weeks with us, training pays off and the progress is gigantic.

So let's dare to test a new mission today, which only exists in its basics, but is definitely flyable.

One of our convoys has been ambushed and we are bringing reinforcements and getting wounded out of the landing zone at the same time.

Always happy landings ;)

• 3 weeks later...

This video shows UH-1 Mission 7 (Version released in Open Beta update 07-19-2020) from the developer's point of view. It is 100% complete and uncut.

The mission is one of the more easy flyable ones, while still exciting.

Within this Beta update, some changes are made to that mission.

- In time markers on the F-10 map added

- Backdoors are implemented, so the mission continues even if AI gets lost because of actual wayfinding problems within DCS Core.

- You may choose to be immortal while waiting in a hot LZ by activating that option in the F-10 Radio menu.

- Manny new and lost's of improved Voice-Overs.

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...